It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing Bogon Moths Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Found this post on Tym the Yowie mans web site.

Howdy Tim, I have read your report in the weekend's Canberra Times, and have been concerned about the recent-times disappearance of most Bogon Moths(and most other moths, esp. large species)for 'the same number of years that I coincidentally 'found' - whilst working in E-Toxicology @ RMIT University(Melb'), THAT there is a range of chemicals exhausted from vehicles and airplanes, mainly benzen-o-compound toxins, which have been known and scientifically-proven(since 1901, published German Author-Scientist), as being cumulatively-toxic once they are absorbed/land-on 'soft-bodied biota' - which includes the eggs and larvae(of moths e.g.) on vegetation, or on the ground; these chemicals, of which there are some 20 listed(even in 1901) have been ignored by western lawyers and most-ever since the writing of (all the) western Narcotics Acts(1961 AUstralia e.g.)- since the action of the toxins like benzeno-s' is actually narcotic; they are environmental narcotics (='E-Narcotic toxins') but the federal government WILL NOT TAKE the classification//the need for listing them separately-at all seriously.

www.yowieman.com.au...

Could this also be what is affecting the bees????

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I would like to chime in here, this year over here in the West I have seen so many moths.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Let me tell you something, driving down a dark quiet road at night and a bogon moth smacks into your windscreen frightens the poop out of you! They are like bats on steroids!!

Having said that, I've not seen one in probably 10 years! (Melb SE). Although we have had an outbreak of little annoying meal moths... It would be sad to see another species go, especially the bogon moth, they are the hulk hogan of moths!

edit on 1-2-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Wow I'd totally forgotten about Bogons... I remember as a kid they were so thick you wouldn't be able to see the garage floor/door. Come to think of it I haven't seen mass christmas beetle gatherings for quite a few years either, They used to appear in pretty epic numbers during breeding season as well :/

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Do these moths wear flannels?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
Do these moths wear flannels?

And Ugg Boots and pyjama bottoms as well

new topics

top topics

join