It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British teen Stacey Irvine hospitalized after eating nothing but chicken nuggets for 15 years

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
She's 17 years old and has been on this "diet" for 15 years?

So she'd have started this McDonalds (nuggets and fries) diet when she was 2 ... TWO

I call BS.

First of all no child would have survived eating only Mcdonalds starting at the age of 2 for long... never mind 15 years.

I had a friend who after watching "Super Size Me" decided to test that theory himself. He ate nothing but McDonalds and ended up in the hospital after just shy of 3 weeks.

15 years my ass

HOAX
edit on 1-2-2012 by HIWATT because: sellping

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Of course, no one seems to have addressed the possibility that chicken nuggets aren't actually as bad as is the popular trend to believe...

The fact is, they're made in a rather disgusting manner and they're certainly not wonderful for you but they're not going to kill you either. At least not for quite a while...

I remember reading once that the average Parisian before the French Revolution ate little (and usually nothing) more than bread every day. People survived for a surprising amount of time on that terrible diet.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'm surprised she made it 15 years on chicken nuggets alone without dying of malnutrition in the first year. She also doesn't seem overweight.

Strangely I'm more impressed than mortified.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

dont be offended samsamm,the tirade wasnt directed at you, unless you wrote and reported the actual story ,which i doubt. You are just the messenger And we should never shoot the messenger.
As for the job offer ,I am qualified but have no diplomas or certificates,which has always held me back,I even failed at my ambition of being a hobo/drifter

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Not that I'd wish the horrors of obesity on anyone, but it is nice to see fast food addicts outside my country for once. How can people think they can survive on that crap? I have no problem with a Big Mac here and there, but you can't honestly expect anything good from a diet of chicken nuggets. I can't say I feel that bad for her. Call it Darwinism.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Yet another contender for the Darwin Awards. As a fellow Brit, i am rather embarrassed by such stupidity! Hopefully, treatment costs will be passed on to her and her family rather than the NHS. Frankly, i am sick of us wasting our cash on idiots in this country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join