It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British teen Stacey Irvine hospitalized after eating nothing but chicken nuggets for 15 years

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

(CBS) Talk about being a picky eater. A British teenager reportedly has eaten "practically nothing" but chicken nuggets for the past 15 years. And now she's paying for it.

20 freakish fried foods Seventeen-year-old Stacey Irvine didn't think her nugget habit was a big deal - until she collapsed one day work, The Sun reported. When Stacey arrived at the hospital, doctors were horrified to find she had eaten chicken nuggets every single day and "never" ate fruits or vegetables.

"My main meal is always chicken nuggets every day," Stacey told the paper. "I share 20 with my boyfriend with chips (fries)."

CBS NEWS

I'm note sure I understand why some people don't understand
BASIC knowledge about being human.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
People like this deserve sterilised or put up against a wall and shot, Britain will be knackered in 20 years as anyone of any quality will leave rather than pay for these types of mouth breathing oxygen thieves

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I wonder if this is the same girl they did a documentary on. There was a girl who had a strange taste disorder. and the taste off ALL foods but nuggets, made her gag and get sick. she could not eat anything else. They did tests on her tongue and found out she has some disorder where it makes food taste real bitter. It was the only thing she could eat that did not. Wonder if same girl.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The mother should be locked away.

Kids don't make money and buy their own food. The parents do. Providing a healthy meal for your child is a responsibility of being a parent. Buying fast food regularly is the same as slowly poisoning your child. But giving this crap to your child every meal for years? Should be attempted murder.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

This was in the news a few days ago, I have to say it's a worrying trend. Too many stupid kids being brought up by stupid/soft parents IMO.

The mother apparently gave up trying to feed her anything else? WHAT?? I don't force my kids to eat anything, but they ain't getting chicken nuggets all they're life!

Broken Britain!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'd like to know how she survived 15 years without getting scurvy and her face rotting off. When i was a kid i didn't get to pick what i ate. Either i ate what was provided for me at meal-time or i went hungry. It didn't take me long to figure out salt makes everything taste better. Now there isn't much i won't eat.

A man that can eat just about anything will never go hungry
edit on 1-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Good GOD! Chicken nuggets arn't even considered a food in this household! terrible crap, processed chicken byproduct and renderings.

Which brings up the next subject, What part of the Chicken does the nugget come from!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Put her parents in jail..

They had their 15min. of fame now give them 15 years behind bars

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pegasus2000
Good GOD! Chicken nuggets arn't even considered a food in this household! terrible crap, processed chicken byproduct and renderings.

Which brings up the next subject, What part of the Chicken does the nugget come from!

Indeed, you wouldn't ever eat chicken mcnuggets if you knew what was in them. Processed chicken parts=chicken beaks and chicken feet and organs. They use a chemical to soften up the processed parts. I watched a show on it and what i saw made me want to throw up.
edit on 1-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

People like this deserve sterilised or put up against a wall and shot, Britain will be knackered in 20 years as anyone of any quality will leave rather than pay for these types of mouth breathing oxygen thieves
reply to post by On the level

You sound like an obvious troll, but I will take the bait, once. You think this woman should be sterilized or executed, because she doesn't have a clue about nutrition and may cost the medical system some money? How about you just don't pay for her medical care. Oh that is right that would actually require you to get off your rear and do something, ie work to change your nations healthcare system, much easier to call for people to be sterilized or killed like a troll. Meh, I think people that advocate eugenics and genocide should be executed, guess it's a good thing that neither of us run the world.
edit on 1-2-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Chicken, water, salt, sodium phosphates. Battered and breaded with bleached wheat flour, water, wheat flour, modified food starch, salt, spices, wheat gluten, paprika, dextrose (sugar), yeast, garlic powder, rosemary, partially hydrogenated soybean oil and cottonseed oil with mono- and diglycerides, leavening (sodium acid pyrophosphate, baking soda, ammonium bicarbonate, monocalcium phosphate), natural flavor (plant source) with extractives of paprika. Fried in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane, a silicone derivative[4] is added as an antifoaming agent.[

en.wikipedia.org...
How chicken nuggets are made: (don't watch if you like nuggets.....)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level

Their body they can eat what they want. I bet you talk about freedom values ect... dont contradict your self. You are asking for some one to kill some one for a choice witch harms no one but the choice maker. Genetics has nothing to do with the choices individuals make. Let them learn the hard way.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

i am not one bit suprised by this.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

I'm not trolling I have lived and worked around these type of people and believe they are a pollution, they drain the system and breed the same, if not worse standards of themselves. This is someone that would share her diet with her kids. I believe there is some kind of government agenda to allow these people to exist on benefits and live a life of stupidity and failure. Look at the UK today, imagine this trend continues, these morons will outnumber the taxpayers, what then ?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

also if she is seventeen years old and she has been eating them for 15 years is there not some blame to put to her parents or guarian??

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Don't you wonder what happens next?

Does her diet change? Or does she keep eating 20 McYuckets every day with fries?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

I said deserve didn't say should be, this type of person costs the NHS hundreds of million a year, if you can't get pissed off about it then you clearly are one of the underclass, liberally retarded or naive

link   

Already posted, www.abovetopsecret.com... but it's only one thread

The girl, I'd imagine would be overweight but by the pics she isn't, although she doesn't look to healthy

edit on 1-2-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by haven123

also if she is seventeen years old and she has been eating them for 15 years is there not some blame to put to her parents or guarian??

Yes ! Obviously...

Start early. Eating patterns are engrained, so try not to give a toddler sweet or salty foods from the get-go, as was the case for Stacey. Otherwise, their taste buds become used to salt, Copperman said - so when you try to force a vegetable on them, they'll hate it. Some studies have shown it may take kids up to 10 times to accept a new food in their diet, so keep trying.

edit on 1-2-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

I'm not trolling I have lived and worked around these type of people and believe they are a pollution, they drain the system and breed the same, if not worse standards of themselves. This is someone that would share her diet with her kids. I believe there is some kind of government agenda to allow these people to exist on benefits and live a life of stupidity and failure. Look at the UK today, imagine this trend continues, these morons will outnumber the taxpayers, what then ?

Well the truth is they only drain the system, because people like you don't stand up and work to force the politicians to stop supporting and instituting welfare and healthcare programs. As, far as her spreading it to her children then they would all probably die of malnutrition. But, advocating the eugenics or genocide of other members of your country is never good and frankly most people that advocate it would probably find themselves on the undesirable list faster then they think.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join