It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call to donate money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
So about four minutes ago I was called and a woman had asked if I wanted to donateand in return the company provideds items such as vitamins/supplements for getting back to good health..There was a few other things but in my anger I blacked out...The woman mentioned that they would mail a pledge card to me and any donation would be appreciated. I asked her how much of the money dontated goes to administration fees and she said 95%..I proceeded to stop her and mentioned the following "If i donate one dollar to this cause 5 cents only goes to the caner patients? So 95 cents goes to administration costs" she responded very unpleasantly yes...I then responded "Are you crazy does that make sense to you" She promplty mentioned that I would have my number removed from there service even though I already had my number removed from the do not call list...the number on my caller ID was from Boston and is 1-617-245-9695. I would suggest regardless of the cause everyone ask what the administration costs are for these bogus not for profit companies...The name of the business is the American Cancer Fund...
edit on 1-2-2012 by chrismarco because: name of business added

Link
edit on 1-2-2012 by chrismarco because: more info

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Very nice catch, many people don't think to ask what the cause:administration cost of a donation is. In the US they are required to give this information if asked....but they will never voluntarily give this information.

Many organizations operate in the 30-50 percent range of administration cost, most of the decent ones will operate in the 30 percent per below area.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

The cancer donation is a money raising scheme that does not do much other that sell hype. Their money is reinvested in promotion amd advertising, not research. Everyone should ask the same question you did.

My least fav caller is the police association that sends kinds to camp. They called me for years and every time «i asked whether my kids could be semt to camp they replied "No, because your children don't live in our district." But they called me in my district to send someone else's kids? As a single mom, this sure rubbed me the wrong way, so as a result, I always reply that I do not donate to telephone solicitations.

join