It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pfizer Recalls Over A Million Birth Control Packs...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
CBS News

Just a heads up for all the women on the pill on the forums.

A manufacturing mix-up by Pfizer Inc., the world's largest drug maker, led to some packets being distributed with the pills out of order. That means a patient could have unknowingly skipped a dose and raised her risk of an accidental pregnancy.

Pfizer said the recall includes 14 lots of Lo/Ovral-28 tablets and 14 lots of the generic version, which is called norgestrel and ethinyl estradiol. Both products are manufactured by Pfizer and sold in the U.S. by Akrimax Rx Products.

Pfizer said the packets are pink with the drug's brand name or generic name on it, along with the Akrimax name. Pfizer's logo does not appear on it.

Check to make sure your colors are in order...

Just odd something like this can happen in the medical industry... Not only did the manufacturing process get screwed up...

But where is the QC department that should be catching this before the medicines hit the shelves??

God forbid we grow our own food, collect our own rainwater, or sell milk straight from a cow... Because the government says its dangerous and won't allow it...

But a few million bad batches of medicine? Ah, the government won't even blink...
edit on 1-2-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Birth Control pills are a luxury item, they're not something essential for life. Birth control pill + Condom is better than birth control pill or condom alone, I do not expect a huge upswing in births from this incident; however you are right, it shows some lack of responsibility on the companies side of this.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
In medicine, there are a couple of places you never want to hear the word oops. One is from a neurosurgeon. This would be another one of those cases....

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I feel for the people who use the affected brands but maybe it'll get them to try different methods.

I stopped taking birth control at 16 (after starting at 14). Not only was I worried about the rising infertility which I thought may have been associated with the increased use of the pill but my mind was made up when I was taken on a field trip to a water cleaning facility. I found out that women's waste also contains unabsorbed hormones from the pill that cannot be cleaned out of the water and returns to the water supply. It was at this time that my Papere was lamenting the declining fish population. It was an association that left me feeling guilty, and while I'm not to sure if it's ever been a documented and examined hypothesis I just couldnt do it anymore.

I'm glad that I said goodbye to that pharmaceutical crutch. i just make sure to check my condoms like halloween candy, make sure the package holds air because apparently people push pins in condom packages (for the lulz i guess.) It really doesn't matter anyway - my mother got pregnant with me whole using both condoms and birth control...I am the 0.1%.

new topics

top topics

join