It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel sells Pakistan military equipment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The leading Israeli manufacturer of tankers, aircraft refuelers, fire fighting trucks, armored vehicles and special purpose trailers, Hatehof Ltd., reportedly provides Pakistan's Air Force with military equipment under a clandestine contract.
PressTV article

Israel has a "clandestine" contract with Pakistan ?

Hmmm.

Why does Israel NOT fear Pakistan I wonder.

Nearly a month ago, 11 aircraft refueling trucks departed Hatehof's plant in the Tzippori industrial zone in Galilee region, situated 6 kilometers (3.7 miles) northwest of Nazareth, for the Port of Ashdod, located about 40 kilometers (24 miles) south of Tel Aviv, in the dead of the night.

The trucks were later boarded on a cargo ship in the Ashdod Port and dispatched to Turkey from where they were transported to Pakistan, according to a recent report aired on Israel's Channel 2 television network.

The report comes as the Israeli firm has sent several convoys of aircraft refueling trucks to Pakistan in order to equip the Muslim states' Air Force.

So we see Israeli manufactured military goods being shipped to Pakistan via Turkey

Hatehof Ltd website

interesting twist with Hatehof

Hatehof Ltd. Workers Lock Gates in Wage Protest

12/24/2010

Hatehof Ltd. locked the gates of the company's factory in Nazareth to protest against the non-payment of salaries for six weeks. The company has also stopped employer contributions to employee pensions. Under pressure from the Histadrut (General Federation of Labor in Israel), Hatehof made an advance payment of ILS 2,000 per employee, but the employees say that they will not unlock the gates until they are paid in full.
business week article

I wonder who "owns" that company ?
Not much info available !!

Sound more like Corporatism rather than Religious Politics

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I'm not exactly sure, but aren't there international laws that regulate these type of deals?

I guess only some nations are held accountable to moral decisions when it comes to weapons deals, the uncool club gets labelled as funding terrorism.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I'm not exactly sure, but aren't there international laws that regulate these type of deals?

I guess only some nations are held accountable to moral decisions when it comes to weapons deals, the uncool club gets labelled as funding terrorism.

Good point about terrorism.

Pakistan could be harboring terrorists.

Ironic if they would somehow use an Israeli manufactured piece of equipment

link   
Oh the hypocrisy... This reminds me of what I read a Jihadi saying when he got into the Afghan training camps in the 90's to discover training on the Israeli Uzi as part of the program. He made a good point about using the weapons of their dire enemy. I wonder how Pakistan reconciles this with their ISI, which is quite radical along the Taliban lines...and their population which has no love loss for Israel.

What a place the Middle East is.... One day nations can be bombing each other and not too long after, they're swapping Jet Fighters. Anyone else recall Saddam sending his Air Farce to Iran before the 1991 war? Indeed.. What a place that is over there. At least in the West you normally know who hates who, since no one here is any good at hiding it.

link   
Why on Earth would the Israelies sell war technology to a violent Islamic country. That seems slightly belligerent to me.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

They would blame Iran

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

in all fairness this isnt the first time israel and Pakistan have done weapons deals they seem to get along reasonably well(used to funnel weapons to Taliban in the afghan russian war) and i dont think Israel worry's too much about Pakistanis nukes as if they were to launch them im sure India would assume it was being hit and launch as well and the basic fact that Pakistan has bigger fish to fry then the Israelis.and hey at the very least its jews and Muslims getting along so why complain?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by KwisatzHaderach
Why on Earth would the Israelies sell war technology to a violent Islamic country. That seems slightly belligerent to me.

Money !

It makes beleivers out of anybody.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG

in all fairness this isnt the first time israel and Pakistan have done weapons deals they seem to get along reasonably well(used to funnel weapons to Taliban in the afghan russian war) and i dont think Israel worry's too much about Pakistanis nukes as if they were to launch them im sure India would assume it was being hit and launch as well and the basic fact that Pakistan has bigger fish to fry then the Israelis.and hey at the very least its jews and Muslims getting along so why complain?

This article Pakistan - The Virtual Jewish History Tour has a different view.

Modern Pakistan

Magen Shalome, built by Shalome Solomon Umerdekar and his son Gershone Solomon, Karachi’s last synagogue, was demolished in the 1980s to make way for a shopping plaza. Most of the Karachi Jews now live in Ramle, Israel, and built a synagogue they named Magen Shalome. Some Jewish families do remain, but they prefer to pass themselves off as Parsis due to the intolerance for Jews in Muslim Pakistan. Their number is estimated to be around 200 persons.

Since 1979, Jews escaping persecution in other Arab lands, such as Iran, used a secret passage from the country through Pakistan to reach India, where Jews enjoy relative peace. The fundamentalist Iranian government, however, discovered and closed the passageway in 2000, halting the exodus of Jews to India via this route.

I believe the religious overtones are muffled by the corporate policies for money.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Good point about terrorism.

Pakistan could be harboring terrorists.

Pakistan was harboring terrorists. They were harboring Osama bin Laden. Kinda makes me wonder who was really funding his exploits...

Israel providing weapons to Pakistan and oops, the worlds #1 terrorist just happened to be living it up there in the same nation they were selling to. Didn't president G.W. Bush issue a statement that anyone who aids or harbors terrorists were to be classified as terrorists and dealt with as a hostile enemy? MM, bad timing for this dirty laundry to get aired with this crap between them and Iran going down.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
USA`s best friend selling weapons to Pakistan? Wonder what will happen, when they use those same weapons against the American troops over there. No doubt Americans will say nothing, after all they are their best friends. I recall all those americans giving standing ovations to their great allies leader, not so long ago.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
USA`s best friend selling weapons to Pakistan? Wonder what will happen, when they use those same weapons against the American troops over there. No doubt Americans will say nothing, after all they are their best friends. I recall all those americans giving standing ovations to their great allies leader, not so long ago.

Maybe that already happened.

There have been recent "incidents" where Pakistan has fired on NATO troops I think.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Funny thing too that the Israeli company Hatehof Ltd was formed in 1947.

That's before Israel was declared "official" I think !!

This company may be actually be owned by UK/US corporations.

There is a lot of hidden and unknown info about Israel in general, including land titles and such.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

True but there are wheels within wheels. TPTB are without a doubt masters of chess, understanding the necessity of placing a pawn in a strategic location early on or placing it there to mislead the opponent. What I mean is what part does this play in the grand scheme; is this a clever slight of hand to misdirect attention, is it simple back room politics, are they activly promoting aggression towards Israel to set up a new war. What part of the puzzle does this piece fill.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Britain gives £650 million in aid to Pakistan

"aid" that is..

America gives $7.5 billion in aid to Pakistan

I wonder how many US based jobs that would save?

It seem that both of our country's have bought these nice new toys for the corrupt pakistani's hey?
edit on 2-2-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Its not like aircraft refueling trucks are weapons.
They may even have homing devices on them so they can be hit by aircraft.

Isreali arms dealers sell weapons around the world to a lot of third world countries.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
When I read many of your post I am surprised how few of Americans understand a situation in this region where your country is so engaged. Pakistan is not some uncivilised third world country. They have nuclear weapon for a long time and 170milion population. Its more than Russia. It seem that many people don't realize that Pakistan is the biggest US ally in region. It is not surprising at all that Israel is selling weapons to Pakistan. This country for years is trying to bring down present government of Iran. They are funding terrorist organization on Iranian territory and have vast net of intelligence in Iran winch closely cooperate with CIA.

And by the way some funny photo to help you understand what country Pakistan is.

edit on 2-2-2012 by odyseusz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join