It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you got money and you injure someone, you may want to adopt your Girlfriend.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I hope she gets the rights to control the money and then leaves his @rse. Although, I'm sure there will be numerous clauses.

A wealthy Florida polo club founder has adopted his adult girlfriend as part of a legal battle stemming from a fatal 2010 car crash.

Court records show International Polo Club Palm Beach founder John Goodman legally adopted 42-year-old Heather Laruso Hutchins. Hutchins says the couple has been dating since 2009.

Attorneys for the family of a man killed in the car crash tell the Palm Beach Post (http://(link tracking not allowed)/xzTrHb) the adoption is an attempt by Goodman to shield assets in a trust from potential lawsuit damages. Goodman's lawyer says it's aimed at ensuring the future stability of his assets.

Goodman also faces criminal DUI manslaughter, vehicular homicide and other charges in the crash that killed 23-year-old Scott Patrick Wilson. Goodman has pleaded not guilty. The criminal trial is March 6.

www.naplesnews.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Erm, so when he asks her 'Who's you're daddy?' he'll have the law backing him up on that?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

LOL, good point. If I was the victims attorney I would seek to find out if his state has a clause against incest. If he has sex with her after he adopts her wouldn't that be incest?

Ahh, doesn't look like it.
www.lectlaw.com...

826.04 Incest. ---
Whoever knowingly marries or has sexual intercourse with a person to whom he is related by lineal consanguinity , or a brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, or niece, commits incest, which constitutes a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. "Sexual intercourse" is the penetration of the female sex organ by the male sex organ, however slight; emission of semen is not required.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
reply to post by Sachyriel

LOL, good point. If I was the victims attorney I would seek to find out if his state has a clause against incest. If he has sex with her after he adopts her wouldn't that be incest?

Ahh, doesn't look like it.
www.lectlaw.com...

826.04 Incest. ---
Whoever knowingly marries or has sexual intercourse with a person to whom he is related by lineal consanguinity , or a brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, or niece, commits incest, which constitutes a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. "Sexual intercourse" is the penetration of the female sex organ by the male sex organ, however slight; emission of semen is not required.

Isn't incest technically only if they are blood related or no?

It's still weird to think about. If he had any remorse he would not be doing this. He is still trying to get away with it.

guy probably has never had to pay for his actions ever in life.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
i dont know too much about the law in US but in the uk we have an offence called perverting the course of justice,can he not get banged to right's for that??

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
i dont know too much about the law in US but in the uk we have an offence called perverting the course of justice,can he not get banged to right's for that??

Maybe that was the point....?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
How can you legally adopt a full-grown adult? I'm genuinely trying to figure out how in the world that works.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
How can you legally adopt a full-grown adult? I'm genuinely trying to figure out how in the world that works.

Yes me too, I almost have my wife convinced that we should adopt a 25 year old Swedish girl. Jk, easy couldn't resist.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Simple, same as adopting a child, but probably far easier. Adoption is simply a legal contract anyway. And, I can actually think of instances where adopting an adult can be beneficial and necessary, such as in the cases of adults who may be severely mentally or physically handicapped and who have no living family members, but do have a close friend who they trust and want to accept responsibility for them. Actually adopting said individuals would probably be necessary to gain guardianship rights for things like medical decisions.

As, far as this case though, it is a perversion of the intent or spirit of the law and really should be stopped.IMHO
edit on 1-2-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

top topics

join