It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump - Major Announcement re: 2012 Presidential Race - 2/2 - 12:30pm

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Given the current crop of GOP darlings, I'm thinking he's going to re-enter the race. Hey, if the US is considering Newt for president, the Donald might be a step up...

Jesus.......

How many clowns can we fit in this car?

The presidential process has become a reality show...........

According to MSM, about 40% of Republicans are not happy with the Republican field.

Hence calls for Gov's Christie and Palin to enter as it's still early on with only 4 states voting so far.

As for the Paul/Trump ticket a previous poster mentioned, I"D LOVE TO see that, but don't think the Donald could stand to be 2nd fiddle.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

It turns out that Donald Trump’s recent talk about a White House bid was more than just talk, in fact his top political adviser told ABC News on Monday, “I have spoken to many high-level political operatives, campaign managers, finance directors.”

Looks like he may be getting in!

www.inquisitr.com...

Question is, will he re-enter as a Repub and change his mind on that?

Awesome find! In speculating...

Maybe he's going to go Independent and really shake things up? Hell, why not? As BH and Mask said, this race has become quite the show.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

As for the Paul/Trump ticket

It's better if Paul just stays away from Trump, you don't want Pauls image to be tainted by Trump. Paul needs to steer clear of anything that will affect him negatively.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well, there are many speculative stories popping up right now. Several say he'll endorse Gingrich, others say Romney , and a few have insiders quoted as he'll be running himself.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Probably why he said in the OP's screenshot, that he'd be arriving in Vegas tonite, complete with the time , so the press will be flocking there to try and get the SCOOP!!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The Donald doesn't announce that he is running for anything, he will notify you that he is not only your president but your vice president as of tomorrow evening.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
The Donald doesn't announce that he is running for anything, he will notify you that he is not only your president but your vice president as of tomorrow evening.

Spot On! I think you should write a set of Chuck Norris style "rules" for The Donald.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
blogs.wsj.com...

And a Gingrich endorsement-

politicons.net...

Lot's of sites now reporting a Gingrich endorsement/

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
blogs.wsj.com...

And a Gingrich endorsement-

politicons.net...

Lot's of sites now reporting a Gingrich endorsement/

He's probably waiting for the moment he can turn to Mitt and yell...You're Fired....

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Another source making it seam he's going to make an endorsement announcement...

Trump told ABC News yesterday that he would make an endorsement in the GOP race "in a very short time." He has been keeping his options open for a third-party bid, but told ABC's George Stephanopoulos that he'd "rather endorse a great candidate that's going to do a great job and win the election and become a great president."

USA Today Source

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

LAS VEGAS -- An advisor to Donald Trump says he will make a major announcement in Las Vegas tomorrow. Sources tell the 8 News NOW I-Team Trump will endorse Newt Gingrich.

Many sources saying Newt.

www.8newsnow.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

That would be my bet and adheres to the laws of DONALDISM.
The first law of DONALDISM:
When you have nothing of importance to say ,act like you do and have extensive media coverage to announce that nothing of importance.

Second law of DONALDISM:
Get involved in any thing that is currently getting lots of media attention and act like your approval or comments mean something.

edit on 1-2-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

LAS VEGAS -- An advisor to Donald Trump says he will make a major announcement in Las Vegas tomorrow. Sources tell the 8 News NOW I-Team Trump will endorse Newt Gingrich.

Many sources are saying Newt.

Link for quoted text-

www.8newsnow.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Oh the press will be there, bank on it.

As soon as he steps off the plane he'll be mobbed.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
What chump. Trump, get a clue...you're irrelevant, you're old. No one cares about what you think.

Having said that I hope he does run.....there may be plenty of stupid Romney and Newt supporters that would probably go for him....

Some day you too will be OLD my Grasshopper. Act now while you have the light of day so that you may be as irrelevant as Trump is.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
hes going to announce his endorsement

abcnews.go.com...

and guess wich one of the little girls wants it !!

gma.yahoo.com...

this whole "republican" primary is insanely embarassing.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I think I'm outright starting to hate Donald Trump. Every time he appears on TV a kitten dies somewhere, I'm convinced.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Drudge is going with politico.com saying he's endorsing Newt.

www.politico.com...

And this is the benefit:

The endorsement gives Gingrich a needed dose of free media from the person who became the first to channel, in the GOP field, the desire by the grassroots to find a nominee who could take the fight to President Obama.

I'm sure Trump will garner all the attention he can. Oh well, this might get crazy. I think a Trump stump might do more harm than good, but what do I know? I never was a fan of his.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
EXCELLENT post Freedom... bravo, bravo... the gop is beginning to look like a parade full of shriners in little cars and funny hats...

edit on 1-2-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: all information did not post

edit on 1-2-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Maybe Republicans should consider accepting a more human, less 'ignorance and greed' stance on issues and they might find they attract more likable candidates.

It's difficult to find the right candidate to connect with people when candidates care more about corporations than people. Candidates who care more for the rich than the poor. Candidates who want to go to war rather than strive for peace. Candidates who would rather support Health Insurance companies right to stiff people and let them die, over affordable health care for everyone.

Try appealing to people of conscience. Try inspiring Republican voters to have a conscience. Try inspiring empathy and see if it helps generate a following.

Or maybe we just haven't seen enough D-Bags yet. Bring in Trump, Bring in Palin. Bring in more greed and then scratch your heads trying to figure out why sh*t isn't selling.
edit on 1-2-2012 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive

Originally posted by interupt42

Spot On! I think you should write a set of Chuck Norris style "rules" for The Donald.

There are no rules for the Donald, the rules conform to the Donald.

Ok, I better stop now.

I seriously doubt that the Donald will announce that he will run for president cause it violates:
The third law of DONALDISM: Don't put yourself in a situation where you can lose in front of a large audience.

However, the interesting part is:
the fourth law of DONALDISM: Only publicly endorse or associate yourself with winners by having insider information of the outcome.

Which of course leads to the
The fifth law of DONALDISM: Anytime that something turns out positive that you were involved with , you must notify the world that it was because of your involvement that it turned out positive

I think the Donald is getting bad insider information if he picks Gingrich ,hence he is technically not going to break the fourth law of DONALDISM (but the rules conform to the Donald anyways) .

IMO their is an artificial virtual fight between Romney,Gingrich, and Obama anyways, so the lobbyist don't really care as long as its one of those puppets.

Although , Gingrich appears to be a little bit of a lose cannon, hence why I think they prefer Romney. However, America loves a virtual comeback from the virtual underdog. So they are making it an exciting virtual fight between Romney and Gingrich and as long as you pick one of them, they are golden.

Ron Paul has done a great deal of service for our country to get people to question if what the goverment is telling us does really make sense and to follow the money. It amazes me that everyone always says to follow the money except when it comes to politics. For some reason people believe their party is above temptation.

We need to keep Santorum in there just for the fact that he exposes Gingrich and Romney for what they are: Obama clones.
In the end it looks like its going to be another 4 more years of the same regardless.

Prediction: Say good bye to your internet freedom because of Ron Paul. He clearly has shown the cracks in their current system and I assure you they will be closed. Ron Paul is going to do to the internet what Ross Perot did to public debates.

BLah blah blahh...
edit on 2-2-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join