It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACLU Sues U.S. for Information on Targeted Killing Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

ACLU Sues U.S. for Information on Targeted Killing Program

www.aclu.org

Today we filed a lawsuit under the Freedom of Information Act to demand that the government release basic — and accurate — information about the government’s targeted killing program.

Our government’s deliberate and premeditated killing of American terrorism suspects raises profound questions that ought to be the subject of public debate. Unfortunately the Obama administration has released very little information about the practice — its official position is that the targeted killing program is a state secret — and some of the information it has released has been misleading.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thebureauinvestigate s.com
www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Good to see more and more people questioning and demanding answers for the actions and the behaviour of their government.

This particular administration do seem to think they can do whatever they want across this planet without having to answer any questions.

Its about time they took that bloody peace prize back off Obama (its also in the news tonite that the body responsible for awarding it are now under investigation)

Its interesting Obama suddenly decided to talk about the drone attacks too.
www.thebureauinvestigates.com...

www.aclu.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This is going to be a rather interesting debate. As, the recent litigation that was passed called the NDAA squashed anything that remotely resembles "the freedom of information act," with the claimer of "national security."

I hope the ACLU wins, however, not holding my breath

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Members of the country, we have reached a verdict. On the charge of obstruction of justice, guilty. On the charge of treason, guilty. Sentence, you shall be hanged by the neck until you are dead! Now would'nt that be a deterrent for this BS in government?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
No citizen of a democratic nation should be held above or bellow the course of law. The law is there for a reason and everyone should be entitled to a trial regardless of what the crime is.......

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
While your at it lodge a FOI request for the kennedy tapes... the pentagon tapes.. the sirhan sirhan files.. the bush/cheney meetings... intel reports from nov 1941... the banker/bush meetings from 2008..

in other words.. your dreaming if you believe they will ever give you the information you want when you lodge a FOI request.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

When opacity is maintained under the pretext of national security, the
perps are held accountable for nothing. And nothing is what will happen:
except to the people who disagree.
I'm almost sure a lot of people who lived and died as true patriots had
going through their mind at the last second, "Dead's better than here."

"This is not the country I was born in... and it is defininitely not the
country I intend to die in." I don't think Kevin was considering
expatriation when he said it... he was too convincing a Jim Garrison.

Line Nine

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
"terrorism suspects". So there's that thing. US does kill it's own citizens and has done it forever. Difference is thought that at least they used to get a trial.

new topics

top topics

join