It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney: Not Focused On Poor, They Have A Safety Net

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Article

As the day began, Romney told CNN from Florida: "I'm not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there. If it needs repair, I'll fix it. I'm not concerned about the very rich. They're doing just fine. I'm concerned about the very heart of America, the 90-95 percent of Americans who right now are struggling."

"You can focus on the very poor, that's not my focus," he said.

"We have a very ample safety net and we can talk about whether it needs to be strengthened or whether there are holes in it. But we have food stamps, we have Medicaid, we have housing vouchers, we have programs to help the poor," Romney said. "But the middle-income Americans, they're the folks that are really struggling right now."

I am starting to like Romney less and less every time he has something to say.

How can you say that you aren't focused on the poor in this country? How do you PROMOTE food stamps, voucher programs, welfare, Medicade, etc...

How can you say that it is fine for people to rely on government handouts because they "have a safety net there".

And how do you say you are going to focus on helping the middle class, when there IS NO middle class anymore.

You want to get this country out of debt? Then why are you saying that all the hand-out programs are just fine, and you are happy leaving people on the system's tit.

HOW CAN ROMNEY JUSTIFY SAYING THIS?

If you just made an effort to get the poor into jobs, you WOULD be helping the middle class... You know... By making sure we even still have a middle class...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
And no one has anything to say about this?

The more I think about it, I think this is less about "the very poor", and more about "the minorities"...

You have to keep all the inner-city minorities happy so they don't get pissed off enough to realize something is wrong...

I always thought conservatives were AGAINST big government handouts... the hell is going on here?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Of course, he's not concerned about the poor! Romney is ONLY concerned about Romney! I didn't like him before, but once he admitted (during I think the next-to-the-last debate) that he ALSO would have signed the (indefinite detention of USA citizens) NDAA...it's gone beyond dislike! In addition, he'd have to make sure that his big campaign contributors are happy--Goldman Sachs, etc....definitely not the poor! YUK!

join