It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time For The Ron Paul Dollar Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The Dollar linked to gold at a fixed rate sounds like a great idea - sadly some think it already is.....nope....the dollar is backed by nothing but hot air, printed out monopoly money supported by good faith.

Vote Ron Paul - Abolish the unconstitutional federal reserve!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ugh, I thought this was going to be a mock up of the actual idea of Ron Paul's face being on the dollar bill.
Okay, but now I feel like I have to make it a real image.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Did you watch the movie, 7 sec in and you get what you wanted - a dollar bill with Ron's face on it.
edit on 1-2-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

No I meant so that it doesn't look like a portrait, but with the same kind of greenish tint the rest of the bill has. Not just a framed picture of him, one that looks like a legitimate bill. I mean, yeah I watched it, but I'll have it done in a few minutes. Okay, it's done!

Not the worst photoshop I did, kinda the wrong tint, but close.

I don't know why Ron Paul wants to regress to the gold standard, but I think it would be detrimental to the amount of work people have already invested in the fiat currency system. I'll tell you that if he does get into office and does plan to do that, it's better late than never.

So, I don't see it as a good thing, but if it happens it's better to get it over with.
edit on 1-2-2012 by Sachyriel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

I don't actually have a problem with the dollar being backed by gold, and I do sympathize with Paulers about the government just printing money, but I think Paul's idea is unrealistic.

Howmuch gold are we going to require to back each and every dollar? Do we have enough gold to trade in per dollar? Will we have enough gold to bring our debt down? How do you propose say we pay China back $1 trillion? Do we even have enough gold for that?

Fort Knox has an estimated $300 billion worth of Gold, this is a small fraction of what's required to get the dollar backed with Gold.

Most economists aren't convinced by reverting the dollar backed by Gold:
blogs.wsj.com...

The idea doesn't sound all that bad, but it's unrealistic from my view. If Paul was in office and he tried to revert the system back, I think he'd cause more harm than good.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

Nice work, looks pretty good to me!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

That's where the fixed rate comes in. There would have to some kind of ratio for 1 dollar = ? of gold, there may not be enough gold at the current rate but that's where the rate would have to be fixed at a reasonable amount.
edit on 1-2-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join