It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Special Assignment- New Madrid Quake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I wanted to post this for anyone who is interested. Tomorrow night at 6:00 EST, one of my local news channels (in central Kentucky) is going to air a special on the New Madrid quakes that occurred 200 years ago and what is likely to happen with the fault in the future. I thought some of you might want to watch, since there has been so much New Madrid talk and speculation lately.

Here is a preview:

For those of you (which will be most of you, lol) who can't watch this locally on WLEX TV, you can watch live online at THIS LINK.

Just in case you check early, the channel only streams during live newcasts, so if you check any other time, you're probably only going to see some of our very stupid local commercials.

Now, I just want to say that I don't know what kind of content will be included in this special, how long it will be, or how good it will be, so if you watch it and it sucks, don't shoot the messenger.
I just wanted to make this available to those who would not see it otherwise. No guarantees that it will be worth your time.

Now, I do find it a bit odd that a local channel is doing a special on the New Madrid even though it is the 200th anniversary, so that in itself is enough to prompt me to watch because "specials" aren't something they do often. The tin foil hat wearing side of me makes me wonder if they are expecting something. Of course that's silly of me because it is fairly well accepted that the New Madrid is going to go sooner or later. I'm just wondering if they're expecting sooner rather than later, but paranoia aside... it is the 200th anniversary and more than likely, that's the only reason.

Anyway, tomorrow, Thursday, February 2, 2012 on WLEX 18 for locals or at the link above for everyone else. For those who miss it, I'll post a youtube link to the special after it's over.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Thanks. I think Captian Kangaroo is on up against it? I guess I'll have to make a sacrifice!

On a serious note... Thanks for posting this I will check it out!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this, OP

It looks interesting. I'm going to try to catch it online.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Both of you are very welcome! I just hope it lives up to its expectations. I never know what to expect from local stations, lol.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
SWEET!!!!

Love stuff like this. Thanks OP!! Now to sync the time with mine and I'll be in business!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Cant watxh it tonite, maybe someone could summarize it ? I'm interested in what is to be said in this special.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

I'll be sure to post about the content of the report and the report itself as soon as I can get it on here. Hopefully quite a few will see it so we can have a discussion about it... if it is worth discussing, that is, lol. I'm hoping for good content and some new info instead of just a rundown of what those of us who have studied New Madrid already know. Let's hope they don't disappoint us, lol. *fingers crossed*

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Just a reminder for those who want to watch that this will be on in an hour and half!
Fingers crossed that the streaming video on the site works for all who want to watch!!! I'll be posting the video of it on here as soon as I have access to it, but just wanted to give a heads up!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Wish they would get on with it. I hate regular news. Hopefully soon...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well, that certainly didn't amount to much, lol.

Anyway, interesting that they think the next big one wont occur for a few hundred more years, but when it does, St. Louis will fall. I guess even laymen could have predicted that... certainly doesn't take a geologist, but it's scary. Definitely a ticking time bomb.

top topics

join