It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Time to End North Korea "Genocide"

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Something that has always bothered me was how little the media pays attention to the real events happening in North Korea. Who care about the whole leadership succession. Millions of people have died through starvation, torture, forced abortions etc. This article give an experts assessment. The author sneaked into North Korea to demonstrate the plight of Christians there. I wonder what you guys have to say?

the-diplomat.com...




posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by travis911
 


Nothing's done about them because they have a huge military and are very unstable.

If anyone was to condemn them and do something about it, they would freak and throw missiles everywhere.



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by travis911
 


Looks like more warmongering propaganda, targeting the countries which does not yet conform to the world banks. This is getting old. Are you a warmonger, or just having trouble to see through the charade?


You gotta ask yourself, why is it always the independent countries not under the control of the FED/IMF being targeted by this propaganda?
edit on 1-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Not at all. Please no not a war monger at all.I just feel awful for the people.



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by travis911
Not at all. Please no not a war monger at all.I just feel awful for the people.


Yes and that is their goal with articles like that. They will want to get the people to "OK" a bloody murderous war/invasion killing thousands of people in order to overthrow the regime and put their own bank in, and their own puppets. It has nothing to do with helping the people, that is just their trick to influence the lazy-minds that don´t bother with doing the proper digging into these matters... That is called war propaganda.
edit on 1-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain
 


Give the guy a break.

Any rational human being can see North Korea, are a harsh military first regime. That starve their own people.

The OP is not a war monger. He is a concerned Human, fighting for equality.



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by travis911
 


Nothing's done about them because they have a huge military and are very unstable.

If anyone was to condemn them and do something about it, they would freak and throw missiles everywhere.


Actually I believe that the real reason is there is nothing to gain afterwards.

Why would the US do anything when there is no payday at the end? For humanitarian reasons?


Peace



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Nothing's being done because most people in power really don't care. Anyone who does care is powerless.

Look at the starving in Africa, or the thousands chopping each other up with machetes. Sure there are dozens of charities and I'm sure a lot of people have had some help but nothing's ever sorted. We see as many starving babies on TV as much as we did in the 70s and when it became "trendy" to help in the 80s.

People in China who make our lovely toys are worked till they drop but this week it was reported in the news they have new suicide nets set up to stop them killing themselves. How helpful is that when your life is just shiite? Nothing stops.

I don't believe that millions of people were killed in Nazi Germany and beyond from 1939 - 1945 and our dear world leaders were oblivious to that like they'd have us believe. They were the real holocaust deniers.

The world is run by stupid, wicked people. And they're mostly, if not all, too selfish to care.



edit on 1-2-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


True, but I'm sure they could pull a deal with South Korea, for some kind of reward.



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Where is the payday for any of the wars the US has been in lately?

The US is going bankrupt.

Nothing but debt and dead soldiers is coming back from war.



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by jude11
 


True, but I'm sure they could pull a deal with South Korea, for some kind of reward.


But what would that reward be? The US wants resources only.

They also want their cronies to get rebuilding contracts. SK has the US beat when it comes to that. Samsung, Hyundai, Posco etc.

There is also the fact that China won't allow the US to be that close to her borders.



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I just think we should do something. Not a war...maybe get the word out more in some respect. There are some parts of the story that made me ill..



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by travis911
 


Looks like more warmongering propaganda, targeting the countries which does not yet conform to the world banks. This is getting old. Are you a warmonger, or just having trouble to see through the charade?


You gotta ask yourself, why is it always the independent countries not under the control of the FED/IMF being targeted by this propaganda?
edit on 1-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)


Really? Propaganda?

Try watching the video in this post...

Inside North Korea

Probably wont tho, because you wont be able to throw out that warmonger/propaganda line.......

BTW National Geographic did that documentary............go ahead and tell me how they are tools of the gov
edit on 1-2-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by NeoVain
 


Give the guy a break.

Any rational human being can see North Korea, are a harsh military first regime. That starve their own people.

The OP is not a war monger. He is a concerned Human, fighting for equality.


They dont want to see that, because if they see that , they cant continue to bash America when they condemn NK for the treatment of its people......



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Then we play China and North Korea against one another, get China to sort out Korea themselves somehow.

The last thing an emerging world power wants on their doorstep is trouble close to their borders. So overtime, it may be easier to strain the ties of the two.



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
reply to post by jude11
 


Where is the payday for any of the wars the US has been in lately?

The US is going bankrupt.

Nothing but debt and dead soldiers is coming back from war.


The "governments" are not the ones benefitting.

It's the international corporations.

They reap the wealth, convert everything into "money" that eventually gets "re-invested" somewhere else or just sits in the investment banks as "ownership credits" (stock).

Most of the exploited resources never return to the original places.

That's one reason the U.S. and most other nations are "broke".



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by travis911
 


Sneaking in to find the truth can get you killed.
Sneaking out to report truth can get you killed.

How do you propose meddling with "sovereign" territory without someone getting killed or starting war?



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by travis911
I just think we should do something. Not a war...maybe get the word out more in some respect. There are some parts of the story that made me ill..


Yes well, are you sure it´s a good idea?

There are pretty much only two things that can be done; sanctions and an outright invasion. In both cases, the civilian populace would take the most damage.

No country with nuclear capabilities have ever been invaded, and i don´t think North Korea will be the first one, as they would surely retaliate with a few hundred nukes well placed all over the aggressor country.

No, the best solution is always to let countries sort their own problems out, if the oppression gets too harsh, historically there have always been a revolution, a civil war, overthrow of old regime and something new taking it´s place, in all countries. That is just a natural part of a countries evolution, a chance to mature, for the populace to learn to fight for freedom and equality, so that they will better appreciate it and defend it in the future.

Anything less than that, will just cripple the country and do more bad than good, just look at Iraq, Libya, Yemen etc....

edit on 1-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
China is exploiting N. Korea in some ways.

The Chinese corporations do the exploiting.

May 04, 2007 article -- EnergyDaily

China has sharply expanded its business ventures in North Korea in recent years, tapping into the country's natural resources as it seeks to boost its leverage over the communist state, South Korea's state-run think tank says. What's more, China will exploit its impoverished neighbor further in future -- Beijing sees Pyongyang as a potential part of its northeastern area, bordering Russia or Mongolia, the research institute run by the Korea Development Bank opined.


China Taps North Korea Resources




North Korea has offered China the right to develop its underground resources to win much-needed hard currency and win Chinese protection from U.S. pressures, the institute said in a recent report.

China invested a total of $14.37 million in North Korea in 2005, up $9 million from 2004 and $1.5 million from 2002. China invested only $160,000 in 1998 and $480,000 in 1994.

It is believed more Chinese capital is flowing to the North because of the opaque nature of both regimes. But it is clear that China's investment has jumped since 2002, when North Korea adopted an economic reform package which eased restrictions on foreign investment.



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by travis911
Something that has always bothered me was how little the media pays attention to the real events happening in North Korea. Who care about the whole leadership succession. Millions of people have died through starvation, torture, forced abortions etc. This article give an experts assessment. The author sneaked into North Korea to demonstrate the plight of Christians there. I wonder what you guys have to say?

the-diplomat.com...


General Douglas MacArthur had the Chinese and Korean troops on the run.

MacArther wanted to chase the Chinese and Koreans across the Great Wall of China and into the sea.

President Harry Truman relieved MacArther of duty in Koreo.

It's been a mess over there ever since.



new topics

top topics



 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join