It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP in Limbo: How Low Can You Go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Front Porch Republic

In this January 26 article by Jeff Taylor at the Front Porch Republic, Newt Gingrich is attacked and criticized by a Traditionalist Conservative. What this provides spectators with is an argument against Newt Gingrich from a genuine member of the political Right-wing. Jeff does not seek to play nice with Gingrich. Elaborating upon his adultery, duplicity, and perhaps out-right sociopathic tendencies.

Please understand the context, he wrote this following the South Carolina primaries thus his criticism is directed towards events which unfolded in SC. A major issue to him was the booing from the crowd directed against, not Ron Paul, but Paul’s assertion of the ‘golden rule’ in regards to military operations. Such a thing, echoing in the auditorium of a state bathed in evangelical Christendom, reeks of ignorance, hypocrisy, and exemplifies the epitome of cafeteria Christians.

One searching for an intellectual, theologically inclined, and genuinely Conservative assail against the GOP, should look no further.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Excellent article! Thanks for posting. Loved the last paragraph...

When I hear things like this audience booing the Golden Rule and Newt's "come to Jesus" claim, I just feel SO terribly saddened. Are people really like that? Do they really hate so much that they'd rather hear Newt yell, "Kill 'Em"! than be reminded of the Golden Rule they supposedly follow? How can people claim to have these basic Christian beliefs (love one another, judge not, help the less fortunate, etc) and then carry so much hatred and fear in their hearts?

Sorry, you probably didn't want to get 'mushy' but that's how I felt when I read the article.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Fundamental Christian value by those who purport those values is "Judge not lest yee be judged" with a side of "Forgiveness is divine"

Being an evil Right winger who has a core value of religious views are between them and their maker it seems everyone is trashing Newt from forums both liberals and conservatives to mass media Fox News and other networks.

It's not how low the Gop can go but how far both lberals and conservative have fallen same crap different day.

Have to remember those who are bashing Newt are the same ones who praised McCain and now Romney both R.i.n.o.s.

As for blood lust seriously with that comment guess they have been paying attention to the last 3 years with the current war on brown people and the constant usaged of murder team 6 that was praised in the last state of the union.

I have severe problems with those who tout the holier than thou attitudes when it has been shown the blood
lust goes around quit a bit and is not unique to party lines.
edit on 1-2-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Excellent article. I was wondering how long it would take for a true Conservative to call out this sort of behaviour.

This paragraph from the article really struck me as spot-on and quite ironic...

Yes, the crowd actually booed the golden rule of Jesus Christ. You could argue they were booing Ron Paul, but it was Paul’s proposal that U.S.foreign policy be guided by the golden rule that elicited the booing. The apostle Paul, archangel Michael, or Jesus himself could have been on the stage and they would have gotten the same reaction. It was the message, not the messenger, that outraged the audience. The crowd reaction to the militaristic, hateful pandering of a group of chicken hawks was shameful in the extreme. Sadly, it’s the norm for purportedly Bible-believing Christians so it barely raised an eyebrow.

I very much miss the old-fashioned Conservative, such as my old boss. Back in the late 90s he lamented how the Republican party was being hijacked by Christian Fundamentalists that could not seem to reason objectively.

Seriously, is this the best and brightest from the party of Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The GOP is really a party for hypocrites. Its a "do as I say, not as I do" party.

Really, Family Values from Newt , gotta make you laugh.

Job Creation from Romney, Ya he created jobs, a lot of extra help in the Unemployment office when Romney comes to town.
:lol

Most people have awakened to the GOP crap, and if its not Ron Paul, its Obama.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

There is definitely a hypocrisy level with Christians in this country.. I think it's particularly strong with the Evangelicals, they have this extreme hatred of all things Islamic.. just watch their programs, I find it disturbing. Three is also the absurd and frankly bizarre belief that they have a duty to protect and support Israel (while simultaneously hating Muslims). It certainly isn't all Christians that believe this; I know the Church I go to, the priests are all very anti-war, as most Catholics are. But the Evangelicals have a huge foothold in the Republican Party, and we have to suffer their idiocy constantly (with asshats like Santorum).

I blame the Evangelical base for forcing the Moderate Republicans out of the party more often than not, leaving us with crazy candidates because the religious right refuses to support anyone else and the moderates opt for a moderate Liberal. The two biggest financial bases are the corporatist and the evangelicals. Or a combination of the two (Bush?).

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Right On,,I live in Myrtle beach, My friend works at the convention center. There were 200 seats reserved for Fox news. That whole thing was a setup. WE LIKE RON PAUL...........see ya on the dark side of the Newt. lol

new topics

top topics

join