It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to use a sewing awl.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I came across these videos by chance and thought this might be a good tool to have in your survival kit. I checked the search and didn't find any thing explaining how to use one.

A small sewing kit would be good for repairing clothing, but if your shoe/tent/backpack rips a seam, you'll need something more substantial to repair it. I've seen sewing awls, but no one has ever showed me how to use one. I thought this guy did a pretty good job of explaining what they are and how to use them to create a locked stitch.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I prefer the larger awl, it can be used to penetrate the jugular, brain stem,eyes, abdominal aorta,kidneys and much much more. It is good for taking out sleeping would-be attackers. The awl is a must for any bunker.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Thank you so much for posting this! You have just helped me tremendously in figuring out how to sew my canvas grocery bags for surviving now with nothing but a Honda scooter as transportation.

The man in the videos is an excellent teacher and I will certainly have to go to his YouTube links when I get and chance and thank him also.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Good skills for repair or simple gear modifications. I've tinkered with the conventional sewing awls before to repair some old sails. However, I have evolved and have begun to use the Speedy Stitch for my heavy duty projects. Pretty cool, simply and very tough thread.

Thread and needle in a nice little package.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This could be very useful if society fell apart and there was not an endless supply of clothing and services. Thank you very useful.

new topics

top topics

join