It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are you Australians going to go when SHTF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hi,
Nice and simple...
Where are you Aussies going to go if SHTF?
I've been thinking of places. I have thought of a place which is 200KM's++ from my home, for the most part I can travel through the bush to get to (trail bike).

But what other area's could you go to?

I have thought of basic bush, but there could be limited water. With all the flooding over the past 2 years, the bush regions could be come flooded.. Who knows..

Any ideas or where are you people going? You don't have to say the exact area, just around abouts..

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoddball

There won't be any need to go anywhere when tshtf because ts will be all over.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well mate.. it really depends what the scenario is, like you I would be heading for the bush/mountains.. with my rifle.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
actually given this a fair bit of thought myself since im in a coastal region and if the SHTF around me its going to be the ones that have a plan that survive.

theres not many roads in and out from where i am so i plan on doing it in a few stages. first i will find somewhere to hunker down safely until the rioting, murdering, general chaos dies down a bit. dont want to be on the open road in car or anything during the first stages of SHTF.

already made sure i have a good stock of 3months of food and water at least to tide me out in the begining.

then if i survive that i plan on making my way out west to the mount etna caves.

maps.google.com...,150.475278&spn=0.01,0.01&t=m&q=-23.160278,150.475278

i think it will be a viable place to hunker down for survival over a longer period, there is fresh water nearby and the caves should go deep enough to form a natural bunker of sorts.

being only 160kms from where i live i feel its one of the most viable places to seriously considering moving to in the event of a serious SHTF scenario.

feel free to join me

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Society will eventually divide there between the others and the community people. The community people will probably build large underground cities to keep the others out. Aboriginals will probably earn work being spies for both sides while they build new metropolis in the outback.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'd love a rifle and shotgun, but it's a PITA getting them in Oz. I don't want to have to pay a hell of a lot for a safe, have random checks by the police on a safe.

I want one... Effort.
Besides, my wife is saying no.

Now, as for survival... I have thought of a location, has plenty of water, underground caves, a massive national park attached. Food and water is fine.
Could probably accommodate 1000 people above + below. Winter would be crippling though.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The bush. Best part of Australia is that's it's a BIG place...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

Sounds good.

HOwever, I wouldn't wait too long for things to die down.

When things are still chaotic it should be easier to move about successfully.

Waiting too long would likely mean routes are more monitored and restricted.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoddball

Seems like a non extinction event...or you expect to be REALLY lucky. Non extinction scenario and amazingly you find yourself alone in the wild you would become food.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I agree with that. Becoming food/prey would be likely. It's a shame.
You would need a "tribe" to stand more of a chance.

Moving during chaos seems much easier once I thought about it. My movements are going to be made via bush/fire trails. Hardest part will be traveling the kilometers via roads to the trails.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
im goin to dunolly when shtf. Dont worry about the bush (in vic/nsw) flooding, the creekbeds up there are decades old and deep as sh**.i know carrisbrook flooded but ironically it was the town not the outskirts. you dont really need a gun or a tribe to survive. Get a bow n arrow, (class e gun license) cheaper and easier to get / use, and it'll do the trick to keep you fed.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JarredAus

I used to have a nice hunting bow. But it just felt cheap. Time to replace with a quality bow. In NSW you need no licence.

I'm looking at a FUBAR as something I feel I would need. www.stanleytools.com...

It's an all in one tool (hammer, too!)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I live in the NT, born and bred. Been hunting up here all my life (pigging with dogs and knife, shooting and using a bow) I know the lay of the land around the coast and know alot of small islands that are accomodating enough to survive on, hell all aussies know the fishing in the NT is insane.

If i find myself headed south, Arnhem land between darwin and gove has tons of caves in the escarpments that i've/we've used in the past.

Helps having aborigional mates, never seen anyone live of the land so easily as them.

new topics

top topics

join