It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Possibly the Most Incompetent TSA Story Yet
- TSA screener finds two pipes in passenger's bags.
- Screener determines that they're not a threat.
- Screener confiscates them anyway, because of their "material and appearance."
- Because they're not actually a threat, screener leaves them at the checkpoint.
- Everyone forgets about them.
- Six hours later, the next shift of TSA screeners notices the pipes and -- not being able to explain how they got there and, presumably, because of their "material and appearance" -- calls the police bomb squad to remove the pipes.
- TSA does not evacuate the airport, or even close the checkpoint, because -- well, we don't know why.
I don't even know where to begin.
TSA officials said the checkpoint was not closed, nor was the terminal evacuated, during the incident. The bomb squad was called "out of an abundance of caution," the TSA said.
Originally posted by webpirate
reply to post by Asktheanimals
I say fire them all and replace them with adequately trained individuals who are actually going to be a deterrent, and capible of preventing a terrorist attack. What we hear about the current group is more horrendous or in this case comical everyday.
These could even hide their own Easter eggs.