It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delete a Post After the Four Hours.Can a Moderator Do it? (What can be Done??)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Can I delete a post that I don't want anymore. I see that I don't have the proper rights to delete a post (and only have a window of a few hours to edit one).

To delete a post I made can I contact someone who can do that? A moderator? What or who is in charge of doing post permanent deletions. Do I have to dig up a Orient elder to give me a deletion ability, just one post I made I want to remove!!

Thanks,
Myself

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkScheppy

In your avatar next to the post you want to get rid of, hold the mouse over MEMBER and a list will pop up under it. Click on ALERT. This alerts all the mods out there that you have an issue. Explain why you want the post removed and, with any luck, some nice mod will come along and delete it for you.

edit on 2/1/12 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Thank you! (some things I post I want to disappear.)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkScheppy

THAT is why the four hour limit is there

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Maybe it should be a 24-hour window so those of us that drunk post can sleep it off, come to our senses and have adequate time to remove the offending post.

Not that I have ever done such a thing.

edit on 1-2-2012 by Muttley2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muttley2012

Maybe it should be a 24-hour window so those of us that drunk post can sleep it off, come to our senses and have adequate time to remove the offending post.

Not that I have ever done such a thing.

edit on 1-2-2012 by Muttley2012 because: (no reason given)

A forum I am also on lets you delete a post completely (if yours is the last on a thread) no one posts after yours then you can delete it whenever you want. Days or weeks or months afterwards. Your ideas can change in a period of sleeping off drunkiness.

edit on 1-2-2012 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Yup - just flick us/Staff an Alert and let us know what you'd like done to which post.

We can go in and edit or remove...

Bare in mind though, as strange as it may seem, that there are occasions when we/Staff may elect not to remove a reply/post despite the person who posted it requesting it be done.

It may be that removing the post:

- disrupts the whole *flow* of the thread...particularly if the post requested to be removed is quite a pivotal one in how the thread may have then progressed

- is more a case that the person posted something perhaps, umm, to be honest here "BS" and simply doesn't wish people to catch them out or call them out on it

...but generally more often than not we/Staff will delete/edit or otherwise as requested...

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
It may be that removing the post:

- disrupts the whole *flow* of the thread...particularly if the post requested to be removed is quite a pivotal one in how the thread may have then progressed

- is more a case that the person posted something perhaps, umm, to be honest here "BS" and simply doesn't wish people to catch them out or call them out on it

...but generally more often than not we/Staff will delete/edit or otherwise as requested...

Cheers.

Curious, I didn't know such an intercalating and rhythmic structure can be in the posts! Moderators can be attuned to such personality subtleties.

That's ironic because it is why I wish to have one of my posts removed (a pride/ego) thing. Perhaps it ain't a big deal and the four hours is more than enough time to do and say what you gotta.
edit on 1-2-2012 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

It's not actually 4 hours, more like 2.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Muttley2012

I feel your pain.
I too have been guilty of PWI

(posting while intoxicated)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy

It's not actually 4 hours, more like 2.

This.

It's actually a little less than 2. It should be fixed.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Hey,we all post something at one time or another that we wished we could delete afterwards.
Usually involves alcohol,and the clarity of the mind the next day.

"Damn,did I post that last night???"

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I have actually had my foot in my mouth for several months now because of two stupid drunken threads I started last year. I don't even drink that often. Probably twice in the last year. One of which I decided I would share my "booze enlightenment" with the world of ATS.

Actually have been hesitant to post since then for fear that someone would go to my profile and see those regretful threads and perhaps form an ill opinion of me.

Now how crazy is that? Perhaps I should not worry so much about what others think. Crap does happen, I suppose.

Perhaps I should just drink more often.

top topics

join