It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto may be behind Bee Colony Deaths

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Monsanto may be behind Bee Colony Deaths

bbs.chinadaily.com.cn

Soon to be whistleblower who worked for Monsanto will be releasing documents detailing how Monsanto planned to kill off bee colonies in order to introduce a “new and improved” species of bee that will only pollinate Monsanto crops
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.businessweek.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
DEA is Investigating Montana State Legislators Over State Laws
USDA Forces Whole Foods To Accept Monsanto
Monsanto *is* The Federal Government - The Venn Diagram
Monsanto & Cancer Milk: Fox News Kills Story & Fires Reporters

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I can't confirm this information. Monsanto is just one of those companies that seems to Benefit from misery and the dependence on GMO crops. It's kind of like the incentive that private prisons have to lobby for harsher sentencing and keeping narcotics illegal RATHER than reforming prisoners.

The ONE thing that really makes me feel like this is legit is finding out Monsanto bought a corporation investigating the bee deaths;

bbs.chinadaily.com.cn
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-2-2012 by VitriolAndAngst because: grammar error

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It seems like the author is very much encouraging the standing perception of Monsanto as "evil."

The sensational nature of the claim must have some purpose which translates into international or corporate relations. The question remains; can it be true? And if it is... whose jurisdiction does it fall under... the HAGUE?

Let's assume this is accurate, and soon a whistle-blower will risk his or her life to "prove" that there was a plan to eradicate natural bees in preference of GM Bees. Does Monsanto have a patent on such bees..., and if so, with which office?

Surely this has to be propaganda right? No one could be so utterly devoted to short term profit as to endanger the planet, right?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Been seen before - www.abovetopsecret.com...

AFAIK the whistleblower has failed to make good on his promise to reveal details to date, and a more likely cause for zombie bees has been identified.

so looks like just another internet wannabe trying to get is 15 nanoseconds of fame.
edit on 1-2-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If this proves true, I hope a million bee's sting each and every one of Monsanto's management on the tongue.

Really, I wouldn't put it past them. Not so sure about the new species of 'Monobee', but perhaps they bought the bee investigation (allegedly) company because they've discovered its monsanto's practices that are responsible for the bee deaths?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well, if they are willing to kill off humans, why would bees stand a chance? I would love to know who this whistle blower is and see those documents.

Seems like more and more information about the bad Monsanto does is coming out faster and faster, yet Joe Public doesn't seem to care.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I don't mean to dispute the parasite story... except this is not a reasonable explanation for the years of hive collapse that have occurred with no 'parasites' found. Now if we want to speculate that the parasites themselves were nefariously created/modified/inserted into the ecosystem.... well that would require proof... of which there is none.

I wonder if the Chinese source of this OP used "Beforeitsnews" as its source? That would be kind of funny... sort of.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Given that the parasites have just been identified how do you know they haven't been there unidentified? No-one was looking for them after all.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Didn't they already agnoledge that they infact did release some fertilizers or insecticide with chems that were harmful to bees?
Not Monsanto...Bayer Corp.
Bayer Corp. in bed with Monsanto.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Surely this has to be propaganda right? No one could be so utterly devoted to short term profit as to endanger the planet, right?

Right!
Long Live Monsanto!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Bees are not native to the US.

That is why there are European honeybees and African honeybees but no American honeybees.

So a gentically modified honeybee is no more an abomination then an imported one.

edit on 1-2-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
if it wasn't for the absent minded professor who knows how long before we found out about the mites.

here is the important part of the bee mite zombie article

the discovery was made by accident, after San Francisco State University professor of biology John Hafernik collected some bees he found outside his office so that he could feed them to a praying mantis he had collected on a recent field trip.

“Being an absent-minded professor, I left them in a vial on my desk and forgot about them. Then the next time I looked at the vial, there were all these fly pupae surrounding the bees,"

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I am not buying it, it is way over sensationalized and then you just had to slip in the legalization of drugs thing for no apparent reason. Just a bunch of hot air

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Wellwellwell. Things are suddenly starting to make a lot of sense.

Funny how analysts have known for years that corporations are the most likely bio-terrorists - they have the resources, power AND motivation. But all the panic is about the desperate little political terrorists - who have no money, laboratories or power.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Monsanto needs bees cross-pollinating their GM crops with others so that they can continue prosecuting farmers for unauthorized use of their products. Picky bees and franken-flies need to be introduced later on.

Bees and other pollinators:

en.wikipedia.org...

Apis mellifera (common honeybee) is not native to the Americas and therefore were not present upon the arrival of the European explorers and colonists. There were, however, other native honey bee species kept and traded by indigenous peoples. In 1622, European colonists brought the dark bee (A. m. mellifera) to the Americas, followed later by Italian bees (A. m. ligustica) and others. Many of the crops that depend on honey bees for pollination have also been imported since colonial times. Escaped swarms (known as "wild" bees, but actually feral) spread rapidly as far as the Great Plains, usually preceding the colonists. Honey bees did not naturally cross the Rocky Mountains; they were transported by the Mormon pioneers to Utah in the late 1840s, and by ship to California in the early 1850s.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Many other insects accomplish pollination. Wasps (esp. Sphecidae and Vespidae), bombyliid flies and syrphid flies are important pollinators of some plants. Beetles, midges, and even thrips or ants can sometimes pollinate flowers. Green bottle or carrion flies are important for some flowers, usually ones that exude a fetid odor.

Birds, particularly hummingbirds, honeyeaters and sunbirds also accomplish much pollination, especially of deep-throated flowers.

Bats are present throughout most of the world, performing vital ecological roles of pollinating flowers and dispersing fruit seeds. Many tropical plant species depend entirely on bats for the distribution of their seeds. Bats are important in eating insect pests, reducing the need for pesticides.

edit on 1-2-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Wellwellwell. Things are suddenly starting to make a lot of sense.

Funny how analysts have known for years that corporations are the most likely bio-terrorists - they have the resources, power AND motivation. But all the panic is about the desperate little political terrorists - who have no money, laboratories or power.

A dirty little secret of the computer Anti Virus companies is that -- and there is no way to be sure if it's some, half or most -- of the "virus signatures" they get from bounty hunters is from those who made the virus in the first place.While there is a big business in turning zombie computers into sources for botnets and spam email, there is also a source of revenue for the independent hacker in creating viruses only so they can get compensated for turning a signature in to the AV company.

It's probably not anything that was maliciously set up -- it's just an organic process of having a bounty for anyone turning in the virus. However, AFTER this situation is known, it becomes a self-created market.

>> The same "negative feedback effects" have happened in the War on Drugs. One can wonder if the FBI doesn't try to create terrorists so that it can catch them -- we haven't really had any without Handlers, or some agent who "tracked them for years."

>> But the US government should have long ago split up companies like Monsanto. They've got their fingers in the creation on allergy medications -- so they have a negative feedback incentive that they profit more if some transgenic gene in food causes an allergy. Though we cannot be sure if GM foods create allergies -- it could be immunizations, lack of sunlight and exercise, or trying too hard to prevent infectious diseases that might be required by the immune system to "set it's gauge."

Pretty complicated stuff.... the point is, however, that any time a corporation benefits from creating a problem -- the problem will only get worse.

>> I just thought I'd bring it up as another angle in the Bee colony mystery. Monsanto is guilty of a LOT OF THINGS -- but I have to admit, there isn't a lot of evidence yet for Bee deaths. However, if they bio-engineer bees, you can bet that eventually they'll have plants that kill of normal bees.

Since they engineer toxins to kill bugs into their plants -- how can we NOT consider that the plants might be killing the bees? Did Bees have allergies to pollen BEFORE Monsanto was a business?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I don't mean to dispute the parasite story... except this is not a reasonable explanation for the years of hive collapse that have occurred with no 'parasites' found. Now if we want to speculate that the parasites themselves were nefariously created/modified/inserted into the ecosystem.... well that would require proof... of which there is none.

I wonder if the Chinese source of this OP used "Beforeitsnews" as its source? That would be kind of funny... sort of.

>> I actually think there might be TWO problems killing bees; ONE is the parasites, and TWO is bio-engineered plants with built in toxins to kill pests which might not discriminate against bees.

The REAL problem here, is that Monsanto might have bought a company to keep it quiet -- so bee keepers and farmers don't go after the mites but buy up Monsanto's new improved Bee. There is a built-in market incentive to make the bee issue worse if you stand to profit from the bee that isn't affected.

I don't bring this story up as definitive proof -- just as a point for people to start wondering if the reason we don't know WHY the bees are dying might be because some corporation can profit from it.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshF

I am not buying it, it is way over sensationalized and then you just had to slip in the legalization of drugs thing for no apparent reason. Just a bunch of hot air

Look -- I'm not saying this is definitive proof. It might just be some wild-ass-speculation.

However, we need to consider that SINCE the Bee Collapse Disorder has not been solved -- that there might be a reason for that. Always follow the money.

>> My point about Drug Legalization is that it would economically harm Private Prison Corporations (which spend a lot of money lobbying) and that it would REMOVE power from police and judicial systems that enforce drug control. There would also be a cost reduction for thousands of opiate-based pharmaceuticals, and new competition if Marijuana-based drugs.

There was speculation that Marijuana became illegal in the first place because DuPont and the Hearst corporation didn't want the competition with hemp (especially versus synthetic fabrics). The pulp mill industries were also concerned because hemp paper is cheaper to produce than lumber based paper.

I think if anything -- my quip about the War on Drugs is the MOST pertinent to why many problems are so persistent and never solved.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
2 weeks since the initial promise of a revelation "soon" - has anyone heard any more??

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I thought some leak came out a while back linking the death of the bees to a farm chemical company called Bayers. The US environmental agency gave them the go ahead to release a pesticide even though they new it was going to have a real bad affect on bee populations.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join