It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lana Del Rey : Plagiarist Of Eleni Vitale.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
After Edison stealing most of Tesla's patents and pretending to have invented Cinematograph which was a french invention, may I introduced you to the most recent US thief : Lana Del Rey. Yep : Da 2011 Internetz Buzzy Glamour A-Star-Is-Born Thing.

Sigh... Used to love that song, I've to admit. Now prefer its source. Thank you Lizzy Lazy Lana to infamously make me aware of such a genuine european talent.

Godspeed Eleni Vitale !

edit on 1/2/2012 by Pr0sp3r0 because: Edisonish Intro

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I can't stand her or her music.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by onewithall

Fine. Now you'll hate her yet a bit more.

Her lyrics had - at least to me - the merit to somewhat shift the rotting feminist paradigm toward some more human standard, while politically correctness nowadays tends to obliterate any kind of woman's devotion regarding the male archetype - wich most women are craving for, all in all, - ahah.

Alas, she's just a thief.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I have never seen a newer artist like this so viciously attacked before by so many.

There seems to be real hatred for del ray particularly from many industry critics. I can't help feeling they haven't being bought off by her like so much other sh1t that is warmly embraced by the critics.

Don't get me wrong , its nothing special, but just a little different sounding, a change to the usual.

As for her ripping off someone else. Well this is the norm now. I don't know whether its intentional or not but this is everywhere. There is nothing original left. Everyone is copying someone else. This is bound to happen as we reach the endpoint. And the fact that music or art or anything is all drawn from the same source, some of it is bound to be similar.

Everyone is copying everyone else. Everyone.

edit on 1-2-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Thanks for bringing up this theft of Gainsbourg's work. However himself time to time used to "steal" classic music themes.

However you seem to love Lana as I did. The fact is she plagiarized Eleni Vitale's work. Period. Let anyone be judge.

(your stance about plagiarism as a common rule of today's subculture is your business, not mine).

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Pr0sp3r0

Hi! I am Greek and I admit I 'm also a big fan of Lana. I 've heard this rumor circulating the internet regarding Vitali's song. Frankly, I cannot see any similarity between the two songs.. Some people say the "chord progression" is similar. But I just cannot hear that. Maybe some ATS member who is a musician could provide us with an educated opinion. So far, I consider this rumor as pure HOAX - no offense intended to the OP. It’s just another allegation against this girl who has polarized critics as well as audiences.

But I do think Ms Rey deserves a thread (or two) given that it seems v e r y strange how people seem to hate her while others adore her -both bordering on obsession. Just use a search engine or see the comments below her videos and you 'll see what I mean.

Personally I really love her voice and her looks. She seems to have a quality that sets her apart from all mainstream "artists". On the other hand, I find some of her lyrics odd -to say the least- as well as her recent video for "Born to die". I may go into more detail about such concerns, if a separate thread is created so that I remain on topic on this one.

Thank for bringing this matter up OP.

top topics

join