It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rev 16 Armegeddon- the final battle ...somethings(someone) is missing.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
In the final book of the LOTR series we have the epic battle fought between the forces of Sauron and the decaying world of men huddled in Minus Tirith of Gondor. Classic good vs evil. In their darkest hour they are saved for a time by Gandalf the White (who has been somehow resurrected from the dead) and Rohan and King Theoden. Then ultimately, they are saved by a ghostly or supernatural army (Deadmen of Dunharrow). These forces of Sauron are destroyed on that one battle field. Of course later with Frodo/Sam/Gollum's destruction of the ring Sauron and his kingdom are also destroyed. Thus a new age begins.

In the book of Revelation there is also a final battle known as Armeggedon. Armies gather to do battle in the middle east in an area known as Meggido. In Revelation 9. a vast army of 200 Million(Rev 9:16) horsemen is mentioned. Further it is said they kill one third of mankind. this must happen over a time period leading up to the battle of armeggedon.

Some description is also given of the "horses".
>>17 The horses and riders I saw in my vision looked like this: Their breastplates were fiery red, dark blue, and yellow as sulfur. The heads of the horses resembled the heads of lions, and out of their mouths came fire, smoke and sulfur. 18 A third of mankind was killed by the three plagues of fire, smoke and sulfur that came out of their mouths. 19 The power of the horses was in their mouths and in their tails; for their tails were like snakes, having heads with which they inflict injury.

Past bible scholars have suspected maybe the 200 Million are from China. More recently they think it could be Islamic nations and possibly China. I guess none of them thought of the logistics to get such an army there. It would be months assuming they have food and water then the weopons they carry would be insignificant compared to the weopons of mass destruction we know about. If not China - where are they?

Some have mentioned this is not an army of men! Rather some type of demonic forces. OK going with that idea Rev 16 goes a bit further >>
12 The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East. 13 Then I saw three impure spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 They are demonic spirits that perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty.

Apparently they know when and where God Almighty will be ...right? They are going to Kings of the world to gather them. Must be some demonic knowledge to know how and when..I guess where is covered. It will take time to get them all there. Not just time..where do planes land, boats dock. To get them at a specific place. Doesn't sound like good military strategy to put everyone in one place to me.

I'm just saying a lot of supernatural stuff must be going on now(as it does allude to). Maybe teleportation, maybe new technologies. Maybe John is describing high tech antigrav vehicles(capable of high speed) instead of horses.

I also realize maybe this is more symbolic and not to be taken so literal.

Of course we know that Christ returns and triumphes over these forces of evil and then sets up an earthly kingdom.

To sum this up here are some of the questions I see.
Hard to understand where is the US(maybe the Anti-christ) - are the armies of the East at least possibly partly composed of Chinese? Could the armies be from within the earth- unknown to us now? How are the armies massed?

I guess you see I differ somewhat from Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins (authors of "Left Behind"). Yeah, I'm still a pre-tribber so if this happens in the next few years I believe I will miss it. I know some of you will just say the bible is fiction. Other's will say don't worry or waste your time on such things..

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Let's just accept that we don't even know for a fact IF the world will end, let alone WHEN.

How about we consider that regardless of the end of the world, we will all die someday, and that means we should live life to the fullest, because no one has ever lived twice.

How's that for a theory?

edit on CWednesdaypm595945f45America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The bibles Revelations was written before modern military tactics, you could not find a good analogy for tank in these older prophecies, but things like 'Iron Chariot' exist; while it would be prudent to think that those who wrote these items didn't have the necessary contextual evidence to know what any of their prophecies actually contained, they did go out of their way to write them.

I believe that they are trying to predict the rise of non-believers having access to powerful weapons, that they do not know the internal workings of. While they could not predict something like "an armored horse that can shoot 100 arrows a minute" simply because if they did and their predictions fell into the wrong hands the predictions could be used by the same people they sought to make the losers.

The biblical predictions are quite vague concerning who, what, where, when and why simply because it was up to the believers of the time to take up arms against those who would be aggressive to them; the fact remains that those who received any divine inspiration while writing Revelations knew that God could not tell them the most intimate details of the holy war. Compartmentalization, it's a security measure, if these people wrote too much information to be shared to the believers, any non-believer could use it as well, perhaps tipping the war in a bad way.

I do not mean to make excuses for the other parts of the Bible I do not agree with, I am merely pointing out that you can't read too much into the bible because God doesn't want you reading the Bible to find answers for the Holy War; he wants you to fight the war with the tools that are given to you, for the reasons you look to the bible to fight with them.

It does seem like the Revelations book of the bible is a 'teaser' of sorts, alluding to what is to come, but without any identifying information about the 5Ws. It is what you make of it, because if you truly believe you are guided by God you will have no trouble with wielding the weapons you need.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

I did a thread on this which I can't really summarise quickly.
Let's just say that I proposed to identify them as "the forces of anarchy";
Try this location;The Second Woe

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
lord of the rings isnt revelation
snnd

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Let's just say that I proposed to identify them as "the forces of anarchy";

Uhm, excuse me, there are plenty of Good anarchists, there are even people who describe themselves as Christian Anarchists, those who believe in No Ceaser, only God.

en.wikipedia.org...

I think labeling the demonic forces anarchy is only serving to show your own ignorance, but easily corrected I know you mean no disrespect to your allies by telling us we're not on your side.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The Battle of Armageddon takes place after the unveiling of the Anti-Christ, and the implementation of the Mark of the Beast. I feel that the Armies of the Kings of the East are the worlds' surviving population in their final challenge to the King of Kings.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I am a fan of LOTR series, enjoyed it's entirety, but let's not be too hasty my little hobbit.

I fail to see your connection to Armageddon. If you think that war between mankind (ie. Battle for Middle Earth), that's one thing...keep reading your church stuff and watching movies.

I for one think Armageddon could happen anytime with an asteroid hitting our planet, like in the movie Armageddon? But that is just one theory.

Interesting thought though.

edit on 1-2-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yep, the Demonic forces are simply put the evil people in high places.....those with all power and no mercy.
The tempatation to use bacteriological, and energy, as well as nuclear weapons on people, these are the demonic forces, those who have loved their power so much as to have become addicted to its aquisition.....
Drusg, greed, sloth, things like that, they are also demonic forces believe it or not....

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The Greek words used are idiomatic for 'a great multitude'...
...it does not mean a specific number.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

everything is different, from different perspectives, depends on your point of view. from heaven the four horsmen, may be the four nukes, that will land, in london, new york, china and the east, creating war, famine and death and such, the clouds behind may be the snakes tails, the mushroom cloud is the dangerous flames emiting from the mouth when they "land".

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

I called them the forces of anarchy because the actual effect of practical anarchy- the removal of all government from the world- would be precisely the kind of destruction and mayhem that is described in that passage. It would be a hell on earth.

I don't charge theoretical anarchists with anything except lack of realism, if they're expecting any other result.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

If you decide to spend your time looking at inconsistencies in the bible, be prepared to do devote a LOT of time to this purpose. The Bible is rife with crossed threads and whatnot.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Or they are demonic dark forces from Hell, they Abyss which the Angel Abbadon keeps the lid on.
Have you felt stings like a scorpion, tearing around the calves of your legs and stings around your neck, I have, maybe they are already out but we don't know it, could be spiritual too, unless there is some vampire activity going on.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Why would Jesus want to destroy the Chinese then afterwords wait to terminate half the entire billions of humanity including babys? All the posts adding together colliding as a master blue print.

Woah!!!!! Maybe Jesus was actually a terminator created by skynet. Yes this has to be true because chapter 1256789443234358659419 says in the future his righteous preists have the key to Jesus termination( revelation) unleasing robotic horse drones, as his angels directing him with angelic winged skynet missle launchers, then demon particle laser beams fall from the skynet ships.

oh my love thy neighbor! We figured out the final secret to access the data of the terminator jesus micro chip!!!!
edit on 1-2-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

It's about making choices, the central point is for the Jews to make peace with God who they have rejected even if they believe in the Jesus story and the powers that try and stop them and Juruselem taking part in history to try and stop that happening. In between the Gentiles, non Jewish people were given a time period in which to become the faithful towards God.

It will become a choice between choosing God or the Devil.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

i would reply but your gay for gaga, already a lost cause, if your lucky jesus might give you a taco

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
One curiosity I find with apocalyptic religions is that they always claim that they are the only ones who can save us from the horror which lay on the imminent horizon. I would take a Christian much more seriously if they were to say something like, God spoke to me and told me that the Hindus are right!
edit on 3-2-2012 by mikesherlock because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
I

In the book of Revelation there is also a final battle known as Armeggedon. Armies gather to do battle in the middle east in an area known as Meggido. In Revelation 9. a vast army of 200 Million(Rev 9:16) horsemen is mentioned. Further it is said they kill one third of mankind. this must happen over a time period leading up to the battle of armeggedon.

first off the verse you cite as Armageddon is incorrect....
this describes only the 2nd woe.... (of 3 woes)

the "1/3 of mankind killed[ are during this campaign.... which starts after the 4 angels of the Euphrates are let loose
~ this sounds like a future Islamic Caliphate has been born again, this Caliphate links together Iran-Iraq-Turkey which are the States where the Tigris/Euphrates are begun, i.e.: loosed upon the Earth)
and this Union and Campaign can only begin after the Apollyon the King of the demons is set free from the Abyss, just before the Caliphate comes into existence

REV 9:11 ~the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue [is] Abaddon,
but in the Greek tongue hath [his] name Apollyon.

REV 9:14-15
~

,,,Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.
~And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year,
for to slay the third part of men.

you are jumping the gun with calling that "Second Woe" the final battle.

what is interesting (perhaps) is that the horses/steeds of the 200 million man calvary/army wear the colors
Red,Blue,Yellow= might this indicate the 3 State Union that comprises the future Caliphate at the head waters of the Euphrates?

in another direction... the colors of Red-Blue-Yellow are found on the present day flag of Romania
en.wikipedia.org...

In any event, the slaying of 1/3 of humanity would not just be of one battle, it would likely span up to the 42 months the AntiChrist empire is around---and in conflict with the Caliphate then the Armies of the East
which will lead directly to the 3rd woe and then the final battle of Armageddon (a good-v-evil thing)

edit on 3-2-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Nothing in Rev will happen.

Why?

It's a false book.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join