It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops! FBI uses chain saw on wrong door

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Wonder if they ever thought of knocking on the front door.

Damn adrenalin junkies with a chainsaw....

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Wonder if they ever thought of knocking on the front door.

Damn adrenalin junkies with a chainsaw....

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

I wish I did, but the last time I read it was 2009 or 2010.

I think it occurred in 2007-2008, so it's pretty old at this point.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Ah, I see I was wrong then.

But that makes sense, thanks.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

That has happened before.. police with no knock warrants break down the door and the homeowner begins firing. Almost always the homeowner dies. Which is worrying.. because unless I saw it was the police I too wouldn't hesitate to begin firing (especially if I see a freaking chainsaw blade through my front door! seriously, who does that???)

I hope she sues the crap out of those idiots..

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This is what cracks me up....

"I took two steps, face the second door, and I heard the click of a gun, and saying, ‘FBI, get down,’ so I laid down on my living room floor,” Sanchez told WHDH.com. "I was screaming, ‘You have the wrong apartment, you have the wrong apartment,’ over fifty times. And then I seen the big blade coming down my door."

If they were already in the house, why did they need to take a chainsaw to the door? Couldn't someone just reach over and open the door for them?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The mom told WHDH she now sleeps with a baseball bat next to her bed.

LOL. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I'm guessing that since I've never.. ever .. ever heard of police using a chainsaw on a simple door before that it was a new toy the boys wanted to try out.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

The mom told WHDH she now sleeps with a baseball bat next to her bed.

LOL. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.

Like that bat is going to stand up to an MP5.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I'm guessing that since I've never.. ever .. ever heard of police using a chainsaw on a simple door before that it was a new toy the boys wanted to try out.

Could be!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
F this poor lady could've have been killed..Sad that the only repercussions which have been offered by all the gun nut patriots is a lawsuit, which essentially only hurts taxpayers..Good work patriots

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I think you're spot on there. Those cuts were very precise and I just can't imagine anyone being dumb enough to use a chainsaw on a door. Maybe if they were dumb enough to get the wrong address... oh wait...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I agree with you RP

Last year, and right down the road, this same thing happened. However, in this instance the police shot and killed and innocent man.
boston.cbslocal.com...

A few more recent local "mishaps"
www.bostonherald.com...

An on-duty Framingham police detective accused of pulling over to relieve himself in a private yard, then drawing his gun on the home’s resident, has been indicted on criminal charges, the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office announced yesterday.

www.boston.com...

BOSTON—A Massachusetts state trooper on military leave has been arrested after allegedly driving drunk then pointing a gun at an off-duty Boston police officer.

edit on 1-2-2012 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm very surprised that they would use a chainsaw when there are far better options for door breaching available. The chainsaw kind of takes the element of shock and aw out of the raid and good luck using one a steel door. Nothing says hello like a chainsaw firing up on your doorstep.

Wow!!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Even though I am on the left coast, now for 2 years, the city I live in is famous for its residents beingactive or retired cops and fireman (Simi Valley). So this is more like Texas as all my neighbors are probably better armed than myself.

I think the cops are pretty careful here.

Although they seem to have not much to do...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by jessejamesxx

There have been cases where a home owner has shot at a swat team after they broke into his house in the middle of the night. I think there was a brief stand off, the SWAT team realized they were in the wrong home, and they stood down. He even hit several officers, there were no charges to the home owner because of their mistake, and he had assumed it was a home invasion. Not the police conducting a raid.

But in most cases I'd bet they still try to charge you. But if you don't kill or seriously injure any of the members of the police/swat/federal agents, I don't think a reasonable jury could find you guilty.

That doesn't sound right at all. From all of the stories I've heard in the last year, the cops would've kept shooting until there wasn't anything alive in the house whether they were at the right place or not. (thinking back to the arizona killing with 76 rounds fired)

I guess the person in that particular story got very lucky.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
If this lady would of shot
she could not of been held
accountable.

It is never good though
to be too quick on the trigger.

I would of perceived this as a imminent
threat. I mean i am no where near this ladies age
I can only imagine she was gripping her pillow tight.
Moral of the story,
Make sure grannie has a gun folks.

If this would of been a real psycho
she would of been chop liver!

How do them nitwits expect to hear
anything over a chain saw?
edit on 2-2-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I'd like to see the chainsaw they used. Especially the blade.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
That is what shotguns are for.

I hear the chainsaw, or anything else at the door that does not go away, out comes the shotgun.

Those FBI guys are lucky to be alive.

I bet they would have been more careful if they were working in TX.
edit on 1-2-2012 by kawika because: add text

Chainsaw seems like a horrible idea.

Unless it's somehow a lazer instant chainsaw that can slice a door in 1 second it's just setting them selves up to get shot at easier.

They need to invent a silencer for that chainsaw...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Can't help but notice all these examples are big east coast cities that are populated by mostly unarmed citizens...

I see a trend here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join