It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN nuke inspectors hail 'good' talks with Iran.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Source Link MSNBC

Looks like the UN inspection on Iran's nuclear facilities went well. I don't have time to stay on this thread and post since I am at work. I saw this headline on the MSNBC website and figured I'd share. Although even after the good inspection, I doubt that will relieve any of the tension in the Straits.

The leader of a United Nations nuclear inspection team said Wednesday that their visit to Iran had been a "good trip," and announced plans to revisit Tehran "in the very near future."

"We had three days of intensive discussions about all our priorities, and we are committed to resolve all the outstanding issues," Nackaerts told reporters. "And the Iranians said they are committed, too.

^^^ I like the sounds of this part of the article
But then again who knows if this is just a front.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jeenyus2008

Sounds like all they did was talk, about having more talks.

Its a start I guess,better than Cruise Missiles flying around.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
there is no reason for this not to be true. Iran has been trying to build up its economy and well being. They dont want sanctions anymore than anyone else. I am sure that if no ill willed action is done against them, and no lies are made up about them that nothing bad will happen with Iran.

In the end they are people too and just want prosperity like the rest of us. Making them out to be crazed maniacs is not very accurate or sincere to the truth. No nukes, no problem. So let's not invent a reason why when there is none.

link   

First off OP allow me to say

S & F

Thanks for posting this.

Second, Let me go through all the usual retorts and rhetoric.

You cant believe everything the MSM says, they are demonizing Iran while trying to brainwash the masses. WW-III is just around the corner etc etc etc

Oh wait...

This is good news being reported with no Gloom and Doom
Never mind

link   

One does have to wonder if the inspectors are putting on a show because they are being paid VERY good money to make it look as though there is no threat...but in reality, our governments are conspiring against Israel or some other country.

There will be a little scuffle, Iran will nuke someone, U.S. will step in over some little technicality and protect Iran. We get all the oil, they get freedom or new land or whatever, and no one is the wiser...because no one will ever talk about what really happened (now that we have self-guiding bullets
)

Just a thought that occurred to me.
edit on CWednesdaypm060609f09America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I really like hope. Hope is a good thing. You should know, though, that I'm only talking about hope that has some basis in reality.

There wasn;t any "UN inspection on Iran's nuclear facilities." Nor did anyone come home "after the good inspection."

The only thing that happened was talk.

"We had three days of intensive discussions about all our priorities, and we are committed to resolve all the outstanding issues," Nackaerts told reporters. "And the Iranians said they are committed, too.

Talk is fine, but there has been talk before. The only thing the Iranians said is that they are committed to resolving all the outstanding issues. Whatever that means.

Sorry, I'm feeling crabby today.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

One does have to wonder if the inspectors are putting on a show because they are being paid VERY good money to make it look as though there is no threat...but in reality, our governments are conspiring against Israel or some other country.

There will be a little scuffle, Iran will nuke someone, U.S. will step in over some little technicality and protect Iran. We get all the oil, they get freedom or new land or whatever, and no one is the wiser...because no one will ever talk about what really happened (now that we have self-guiding bullets
)

Just a thought that occurred to me.
edit on CWednesdaypm060609f09America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

you may be onto something. if i remember correctly and i could be wrong, but didn't the UN's WMD inspection in Iraq come back with nothing conclusive found?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

you may be onto something. if i remember correctly and i could be wrong, but didn't the UN's WMD inspection in Iraq come back with nothing conclusive found?

Thats because there was nothing to find.

Didn't matter though, a country had to be destroyed to confirm, nothing there.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Sounds like all they did was talk, about having more talks.

Its a start I guess,better than Cruise Missiles flying around.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You have nothing but the word of your government to confirm that. How much do you trust your government to tell you the truth?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You have nothing but the word of your government to confirm that. How much do you trust your government to tell you the truth?

i'm not sure the T word has been used in D.C. in over a hundred years.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
We must nuke Iran

in order to make sure they don't have nukes (after all, nukes are dangerous).

Its the only way to be sure

Serious note: Great, anything to slow down the warhawk nonsense is a good thing. I admit, I didn't read much on the topic, but are the inspectors currently in Iran while giving the statements? If they are on safe shores, then its a good report..if they are standing in the center of Tehran with 4 soldiers behind them saying it, its nothing to take seriously.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

-buys you a sarcasm detector-

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Do you remember this story from a couple of years ago about one of those "Inspectors/Monitors"?

The ATS crowd at the time seemed split between the monitor found something that incriminated Iran and the Iranians took him out OR the Israelis bumped him off because he found nothing incriminating Iran which supposedly flew in the face of their war plans against Iran.

Take it for what it's worth.
Iran Nuclear Monitor Dies Mysteriously

Police in Austria are investigating the mysterious death of a British nuclear monitoring expert. Early news reports said that Timothy Hampton, who worked for an international monitoring unit called the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO), died after falling 12 stories in a building in the Vienna International Center, one of the United Nations' main office complexes in Europe.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks for bringing that up Slayer. With all the scandals in todays society, it would surprise me if this was an honest man doing an honest job...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The talks are going well (sarcasm)

www.msnbc.msn.com...
-Iran stonewalls U.N. nuclear watchdog on site: diplomats-
"Iran's apparent reluctance to let U.N. inspectors visit a military site near Tehran underlines the uphill task they face in getting the Islamic state to address suspicions it may be seeking to develop nuclear weapons, Western diplomats say. They say the U.N. nuclear watchdog sought access to the Parchin complex during three days of talks in the Iranian capital, so far without any sign that Iran would agree to it."
edit on 3-2-2012 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: reasons undisclosed

top topics

join