It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early Filers May Have to Wait Longer for Their Tax Refund

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm not really sure where this goes, so Mods please move if needed.

This was published yesterday and for those of you like me who file taxes as soon as we get all our paperwork, it look like we will have to wait an extra week to get what's due to us.

Article Link

Some taxpayers who filed their federal tax returns early this year will have to wait a week longer than initially projected to get their refunds.

The delay was caused by new safeguards installed in Internal Revenue Service computer systems to prevent refund fraud, IRS spokesman Michelle Eldridge says. The problem is limited to taxpayers whose returns were filed before Jan. 26. Taxpayers whose returns were accepted on or after that date will not be affected....

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Doesn't it always seem like there's some weird penalty or another almost every single year if you file your taxes too early? It seems that early February is the earliest they'll let you file without having something or another to hold you up or annoy you.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I am used to the IRS taking their time with refunds. Due to the way I am required to file, it takes 2 months to get my refund...and it's never that big.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Doesn't it always seem like there's some weird penalty or another almost every single year if you file your taxes too early? It seems that early February is the earliest they'll let you file without having something or another to hold you up or annoy you.

I agree! We get a penalty if we file late. They should pay us an extra $35 for them causing a delay in paying us.

I know I'm dreaming.

new topics

top topics

join