It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humpback Whale Shows Amazing Appreciation After Being Freed From Nets

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Awsome thanks for posting nice to see there are still some humans left.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Fantastic to watch, thank you for posting!

I like all the tail flaps at the end.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Good story, glad the whale made it to freedom. Those nets are horrible, I sure hope we can find a better way in the future.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

That is really beautiful!

When I see this film, it makes me think that humans probably are put on this earth to take care of all species which have accidentally put themselves in trouble or need.
The ones without hands, arms or general means to take care of them selves in dire situations.

Sort of guardians for the ones whom can not handle some situations themselves.
Something like, that all humans should be general "park rangers" for this planet or kinda humans being the Oompa Loompas, and the Earth and other inhabitants our Chocolate Factory to handle the best way possible.

But instead, it hast turned out totally different (in at least the very most), where it could have been help, love and compassion for the other species on Earth, we find hate, abuse, slaughter, use and ignorance.

Imagine how much different all could be...
edit on 2-2-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Today has been a very sad day for me. This video was so heartwarming, and put smile on my face, so thank you for posting it.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Most excellent. Thanks for posting this. With all the damage that humankind is doing to the oceans it's nice to see that we are also doing SOMETHING for other cognitive species there. Now, if we could do something about other species as well.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Most excellent. Thanks for posting this. With all the damage that humankind is doing to the oceans it's nice to see that we are also doing SOMETHING for other cognitive species there. Now, if we could do something about other species as well.

man.

thanks for the comment but that was heavy to watch.

we can be such a destructive yet beautiful species at the same time.

but that made me sob a lil´

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I didn't mean to jack your thread but our own survival is related to sharks. Watch that movie when you get the chance. It explains how these creatures that have been around for half a billion years are important to our own survival.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I didn't mean to jack your thread but our own survival is related to sharks.

No don't worry!
i'd like every contribution to my thread, even if it's a little hard to watch

Watch that movie when you get the chance. It explains how these creatures that have been around for half a billion years are important to our own survival.

i just watched the trailer.
there a full movie on there?
i will when i'm a little more 'up'.
not feeling to well last couple of days, but that's another matter.

and i believe every living thing is important to our of someone elses survival, else it wouldn't exist imho.

i believe it was einstein who said that if the bee's die out, humans follow within 4 years.
yet another example of how a seemingly insignificant insect can have such ramifications on nature itself.

once again thanks.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

Yup:

www.imdb.com...

I'm not a big fan of documentaries but this one was well done. This won't leave you with a warm and fuzzy feeling. It's meant to educate people on what human greed is doing to the oceans and the planet.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
amazing video. makes me so angry at british petroleum for the oil spill and the japanese whalers. a lack of empathy, we need more international anti-poaching laws and enforcement. the torturing of animals for human greed in asia is just disgusting. we can get along just fine with plants and can get our protein from other ways. ill admit i do eat chicken and the occasional hamburger, but am a believer that animals like this should have very good living conditions for the duration of their lives, and veal should be illegal.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

Yup:

www.imdb.com...

I'm not a big fan of documentaries but this one was well done. This won't leave you with a warm and fuzzy feeling. It's meant to educate people on what human greed is doing to the oceans and the planet.

thanks for sharing.

and so true again mate!

here's another example of human greed and the refusal of taking resonsibility for our actions.

this instanty sprung to mind.

Great Pacific Garbage Patch

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
that was spectacular. it's amazing what animals will do when you show them some love!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Incredible video. What an experience, and to have it documented to share is so kool!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
That was a truly amazing video.It was only right that man freed the whale from entrapment considering man was the one that set out the fishing line.From the brink of death to the joy of being free I hope this whale learned to steer away from the fishing nets in the future.You are a mammal whale, not a fish so stay away from those fish nets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join