It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humpback Whale Shows Amazing Appreciation After Being Freed From Nets

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
So.. All who believe this whale showed appreciation for being rescued stand up and follow this gentleman out of the room into the white van and down the cliff - good riddens.

Er.. this while was restrained for a bit.. he got up and stretched his fins.. anyone would do the same. If you believe this whale was really doing this on behalf of the humans then you have just swallowed a whale of a story.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I didn't catch this first time round. I don't think I would have ever searched for this either. Thanks for taking the time to post this as it was awesome.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Good Stuff! Best thing I have seen this year!
I wish I was there to help.
Thanks for spreading the word.

S&F

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
i don't think that was appreciation. that was the whale version of the one finger salute.

first for getting caught in the net, second for having the misfortune to witness as everybody else who saw the video of an old fart in this wive's panties.

edit on 2-2-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanPitBull
LMAO at all the wannabe mods on this site! OMG! someone else posted this better make a meaningless post to spank the poster. Thank You OP! This was worth seeing and I did not catch the other post. On a site this large it is often helpful to have some things appear more than once as the flow is so large things get washed under quite quickly. So from me thank you.
APB

Ah thank you from me to you would be in place as well.
Thank you for sticking up for me!

Hope you enjoyed the vid.

Take care mate.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK
Nice vid and has been posted before as already shown.

Running late..........lazy..........let the mods (someone else) delete (do the work), kinda makes you wonder why this world is so screwed

And yet you still have managed to post a reply lol

Wolfie

Nah Wolfie, it doesn't make me wonder why "this world is so screwed".. I know why it's screwed and it's not because of people like the OP for **gasp** not checking to make sure somebody else hadn't already posted a cool youtube video about a whale.. The world is screwed because of people like you and the fact that instead of simply being annoyed and moving on, you felt inclined to express your annoyance and bring a well-intentioned person's feelings down in the process. Get your head straight

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
And by the way, like many others, I had missed this first time around. Kinda sad that you managed to catch it both last year and this year. Perhaps its time to find a hobby?

Thanks for the video OP

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Great post no matter how many times. Watched it again.

Here is a pretty cool story involving a lion reunion. It too has probably been posted but worthy of another viewing.

Check out this video on YouTube:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
good for you whale! and good for those who saved the whale!

awesome job with the freeing of the nets and the escaping and not dying and such!

gewd job.

i like to hear happy news like this.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

That was truly enjoyable and renews faith in humankind. Thank you for posting it. However, some of the unjustifiably cynical comments make it that much harder to enjoy... let alone start posting!! Chill out and enjoy people! Your dignity was admirable.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanPitBull
LMAO at all the wannabe mods on this site! OMG! someone else posted this better make a meaningless post to spank the poster. Thank You OP! This was worth seeing and I did not catch the other post. On a site this large it is often helpful to have some things appear more than once as the flow is so large things get washed under quite quickly. So from me thank you.
APB

It's called keeping the website organized. I guarantee you that the real mods appreciate when your so-called "wannabe mods" point out that a thread has been posted before. Because, as you pointed out, this is a huge website, and therefore reducing redundancy and keeping things organized is a tough yet important job.

You seem to think that you never would have found this thread unless the OP had posted this. But that's simply not true. If they had searched for and posted in the original thread, that would have come to the top of the 'Recent Posts' page, with its towering 330 flags. If anything, posting in that thread would have probably alerted even more people since users tend to pay more attention to threads with many flags.

No offense to the OP, it happens all the time. I just disagree with using faulty logic and ad hominem attacks to defend a re-post.
edit on 2-2-2012 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Thank you for sharing.

Incredible video and this started my day out right. Nice to see kind people helping out such a incredible and beautiful fellow species.

What a beautiful video. The whale made did some pretty interesting vocalizing.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I appreciate the OP posting a video us newer members may not have seen.
No need for condescending or snarky posts, that's why there's moderators, to merge these topics if they wish.

Guy posts a nice video and gets ripped for it, come on!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

I appreciate the OP posting a video us newer members may not have seen.

I'm glad i could show you something new!

But don't worry, i can handle the 'mini-mods'.

Lets stop derailing the thread and focus our attention on this beautiful act of nature.

Please guys?

It's painfully obvious right now that this thread has been posted before.
The mods didn't close this one as of yet.

So let the people who haven't seen this enjoy it and please refrain from posting if you're going to point out this has been posted before.

Lets get back on track

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
My best animal friend is a dolphin that hangs outside my uncle's restaurant. He (heck, she, I have no idea, lol) begs for table scraps from those that eat on the water side deck (didn't know dolphins like fried foods, but then again who doesn't?). The funny thing is that after my uncle leaves and goes home (also a waterfront residence) the dolphin show up within 10-15 minutes and wants to play. Craziest thing ever. His (her) favorite toy is a a cheap blow up beach ball......it likes it when you jump in the water and hold it high above your head. It circles you a few times and them pushes you out of the way so you drop it. It then takes off and keeps lifting it out of the water trying to get you to play keep away with him. A couple of times I was quick enough to shove him out of the way and steal the ball from him, and I swear if dolphins can laugh that's what I heard.

Also, funny thing is he (she, it) hates the neighbors. Don't know why. They are great people. Hell, I'm the evil on (seriously, look at my posts) but it likes me (must be the french fries). What I want to know is how the hell the damn thing figured out where my uncle lives. Weird.

So yeah, I have no problem seeing videos of certain animals (saltwater mammals and elephants) and thinking that they are 100% self aware.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Poster before or not, I missed it the first time round and so glad I caught it on it's return.

Many thanks

link   
Poster before or not, I missed it the first time round and so glad I caught it on it's return.

Many thanks

link   

Many thanks

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

That video was wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

It also helped remind me that there are good people out there who spend their time doing great things although we never hear about it on a daily basis.

Long live Valentina and the Great Whale Conservationists!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
amazingly heart warming video , thanks for bringing this to my attention , i would have missed it eleswhere,maybe the other post should of used the direct title of the article(like you did)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join