It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Radiation Blamed for Phobos-Grunt Crash

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The Phobos-Grunt mission was originally supposed to be launched in 2009. They delayed the launch until 2011. If they missed this launch window, they would have to wait until 2 years for the next one.

I'm guessing that Phobos-Grunt was killed by management. They could not contemplate a second aborted launch. They cut corners, purchased low-cost, inferior parts and rushed to launch. I guess the management now thinks "Well, we met our deadline, it's someone else’s problem now". I see this all the time where I work, the MBAs meet their timelines and don't really care about the final product.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel
The Phobos-Grunt mission was originally supposed to be launched in 2009. They delayed the launch until 2011. If they missed this launch window, they would have to wait until 2 years for the next one.

I'm guessing that Phobos-Grunt was killed by management. They could not contemplate a second aborted launch. They cut corners, purchased low-cost, inferior parts and rushed to launch. I guess the management now thinks "Well, we met our deadline, it's someone else’s problem now". I see this all the time where I work, the MBAs meet their timelines and don't really care about the final product.

Plausible, very plausible. Still kinda strange they fail 17 times in a row without what seems any thought of implementing some kind of quality control/improvement mechanisms to stop these kind of mishaps to happen over and over again... don´t you think?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel

Dismantling the empire works. The future of Mars missions (obviously) are companies with red logos, that is why educated morons come to the threads and talk about how government "can't" do it (sarcasm).

Because government could never do it, especially not government whose controllers have bankrupted them on European central bank policies. Basic infrastructure requires thinking beyond the "money-system" that is why it has made all space missions now, like Phobos-Grunt a miracle.
edit on 1-2-2012 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I hate to say it but maybe Russia should outsource their next Mars mission to NASA. We are using them to get to low earth orbit perhaps they could pay us to get them to Mars. /Shrug. Best thing humanity could do is combine resources and do it together.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
I hate to say it but maybe Russia should outsource their next Mars mission to NASA. We are using them to get to low earth orbit perhaps they could pay us to get them to Mars. /Shrug. Best thing humanity could do is combine resources and do it together.

The crashed disks and the witnesses have not EVER reported a company logo. If extraterrestrials have common sense not to allow companies to do things (because of incompetence) why are Earthlings so moronic to believe corporations have the ability to produce a miracle. You think drinking coke out of a bottle is a miracle, then, you need a counselor (this is not unrelated subject matter.)
edit on 1-2-2012 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
People are idiots..
Russians have failed some 17 odd missions to Mars[or close by]
and people are surprised that they've failed yet again.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The US has had failures too:

1964 Mariner 3
1971 Mariner 8
1992 Mars Observer
1998 Mars Climate Orbiter
1999 Mars Polar Lander

The Mars Climate Orbiter failure should never have happened. Lockheed Martin used the imperial system of measurement and NASA used metric. Sooo, the craft plunged into the martian atmosphere burning up. When will the US cast off the yoke of British Imperialism and adopt the GLOBAL metric system

Seriously, it's hard to get to Mars.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 1-2-2012 by Nicolas Flamel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

Not gonna happen Obama told NASA NO to going back to the Moon and no Mars for 25 years. And NASA is not allowed to take corporate funding. That is why Russia runs the ads for Pizza Hut, Lego, Radio Shack and Popular Science and charges 20 miilion a pop for 10 days on the ISS

So yeah its likely HAARP radiation, US Particle Beams in Space or ticked off Aliens sabotaging the Ruskies... because up until NASA canned the space shuttle Russia was doing very well with launches. Now suddenly one failure after another?

Something smells like

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by DJW001

Phobos is off limits.

They should have known better.

I thought Europa was off-limits.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The1Prettiest1One

Just Phobos. Europa says come on over. We need the tourism.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

reply to post by DJW001

Phobos is off limits.

Why should one country get claims over a monolith they'll never actually touch?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact

reply to post by DJW001

Phobos is off limits.

Submit your complaint to the Federation of Planets.

There are other planets to travel to .

The Zeta Reticuli Star System is only 39 light years (12 Parsecs) away.

Bring your sunglasses. It's a binary star system.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

reply to post by DJW001

Phobos is off limits.

Submit your complaint to the Federation of Planets.

There are other planets to travel to .

The Zeta Reticuli Star System is only 39 light years (12 Parsecs) away.

Bring your sunglasses. It's a binary star system.

Sounds like I better bring some sun screen also, SPF 2500?
edit on 3-2-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Just stand in the shade. It's not a problem.

It won't take long to get there.

Care to take a guess?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Care to take a guess?

Hmm well if we go the speed of light, slightly under 39 years?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Care to take a guess?

Missed on that guess.

The starships travel in nonlinear time. Try again.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Care to take a guess?

Missed on that guess.

The starships travel in nonlinear time. Try again.

well since time is really just a delusion that exists in our heads.... Im not sure? We'd get there when we'd get there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join