It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentina accused of plotting Falklands blockade

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Ello Brits, have a nice pint of your own medicine!

So you are all for occupation of lands where the inhabitants do not wish to be occupied?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

No I'm very much against it.

How about you?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Is it sinking in yet?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

How about you?

But you're for Argentina occupying islands where the inhabitants want to remain British and have repeatedly expressed this fact, even when Argentina treid to pay them off a few years back, but it would be ok to go against their Human Rights and hand them over to Argentina? Good luck with that!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

But you're for Argentina occupying islands where the inhabitants want to remain British and have repeatedly expressed this fact, even when Argentina treid to pay them off a few years back, but it would be ok to go against their Human Rights and hand them over to Argentina? Good luck with that!

No I'm not. I'm merely stating that the British are on the course for a piece of their own medicine.

I'm against any kind of colonialism.

Allow me to post the same question since you didn't answer it(because your brain can't handle the answer)

How about you?

?

This just seems like a moneymaking scheme from both Argentina and the Brits to me though. And somewhere there's a conflict of interests...lol.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

No I'm not. I'm merely stating that the British are on the course for a piece of their own medicine.

I'm against any kind of colonialism.

Allow me to post the same question since you didn't answer it(because your brain can't handle the answer)

How about you?

?

This just seems like a moneymaking scheme from both Argentina and the Brits to me though. And somewhere there's a conflict of interests...lol.

Britain has repeatedly said that it is down to the inhabitants, they even offered Argentina joint split on the Oil issue, but Argentina didn't want it. Of course now that more gas and oil has been found, everyone wants a piece of the cake, but Argentina's claim is rubbish, the only support is that the islands are closer to them, even though they are still hundrerds of miles from them. You are right that now it could well be about resource, but also political in that Argentina is an absolute mess, I don't know where people are getting glorious rising economy from. Inflation is through the roof, poverty is through the roof and corruption has always been through the roof and these are words from Argentinian guys that I actually know.

I am against occupation of any kind, but the argument that Britain occupied in the past and even still at present with Afghanistan and Iraq and Libya even, is weak. Two wrongs do not make a right for the inhabitants and the general public across the globe, no matter who you are. Regardless of Britian's foreign policy, if the inhabitants wish to remain British, they should have the right and freedom to do so.
edit on 8-2-2012 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Oh Argentina, what are you doing? Islands which have been British for several hundred years and home to a population who wish to remain British you decide are yours. They were never yours, they were uninhabited when the Brits landed and have been British ever since.
But now you wish to claim them, never mind what the people who live there think. This is exactly what colonialism is. Tell the people of a land that you are their leader now and b*llocks to what they want. Luckily the UK stopped that crap a LONG TIME ago but it seems you think its OK.

It wouldn't by any chance be that you want to claim the potential oil for yourselves would it. We can see through your cr*p and please for the sake of lives, don't put yourselves in danger again. You won't win.

If Mexico laid a claim to Cuba would it be OK..... Of course not and Cuba and Mexico are geographically closer, you are just like the Bush family, war for oil.

edit on 8-2-2012 by Dhimmie because: love

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Me thinks it goes far beyond the islands and its inhabitants,,,,it would seem that these days its more about natural resources-which is probably on par with what most of the troubles elsewhere in the world are now concerned with.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I am against occupation of any kind, but the argument that Britain occupied in the past and even still at present with Afghanistan and Iraq and Libya even, is weak.

And it's even weaker for British people to come out and scream foul about colonialism. When did the British ever go to a place, ask the people whether or not they wanted to be colonized, and then colonized them? Never, correct?

Two wrongs do not make a right for the inhabitants and the general public across the globe, no matter who you are. Regardless of Britian's foreign policy, if the inhabitants wish to remain British, they should have the right and freedom to do so.

Yeh yeh, bunch of hypocritical talk...what about the Palestinians? Or the Kurds? Ow wait...Brittain? BBC censors the word Palestinian

Right...

Stop speaking on behalf of your government and start speaking for yourself, for crying out loud...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

or the indigenous people forced and exterminated from their land by the originators of the Argentinian state- open yer own eyes

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

My eyes are wide open, maybe you should close yours a bit so they don't water that much and you can actually read what people write? :-)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Britain exterminated 1.8 billion in india so like how can I believe British propaganda.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

as the tension mounts lets see proof of the body count

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
Britain exterminated 1.8 billion in india so like how can I believe British propaganda.

Clearly you are prone to exaggeration. Methinks a book on Great Britain and India’s history should be on your next Christmas list. Try to be factual.

Regards

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Flavian

As the tridents are made in USA,you will need our permission to launch the tridents,else we could reprogram the Trident IFF codes to target London .

We americans would like to have falklands for ourselves.

Incorrect. More conspiracy based non-sense. The warheads are British. No US permission is necessary for the UK to operate its nuclear deterrent. It is a complete myth. You are talking complete non-sense.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by andy1972
Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
The government of Cristina Fernández de Kirchner has publicly threatened to cut the weekly route between Punta Arenas and Port Stanley, the islands' only air link with South America and its main link with the outside world.

How can Argentina block anything in CHILE...or is Chile choosing sides now.
If it is so, and Chile is part and parcel of this plot, then the next time theres a huge #ing earthquake and 5000 are under rubble, i sincerely hope i DON'T see British firemen and sniffer dogs looking for them.
Argentina smell's black gold, and is using the "somos todos latinos y los gringos que se joden, hijos de putas" card (which means , "we are all latinos, and as for the British, # them, sons of whores).
What's Argentina promising Chile for this...??
edit on 1-2-2012 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

Ahh another Arrogant European. Britian donated less than 1 million USD to help Chile(50,000 USD in Cash aid, and a few water engineer teams). While Argentina sent dozens of field hospitals and 1,800 tons of food to aid Chile. As well as 4 water purification plants and 4 electric power generators.

Heck the Cubans did more to help Chile then all the Nations of Europe combined(initially I believe, the nations of Europe decided to hold committees while the real Nations of the Earth went about trying to help).

The USA for it's part gave Chile(not sure if it was a loan or a gift) several C-130 Cargo Planes(Each valued at about 63 million USD) for use in transporting supplies and evacuating refugees.

Britain has no real political capital in Latin America. And in fact Brazil blocking the British from exploiting the natural resources of those islands only benefits Brazil(and other oil exporting nations).

This could get big, and give Latin America an excuse to form their own kind of Political/Economic/Military Union.

As history show's, the British have a knack for causing people who really don't care for each other to unify against British aggression.

Err you do realise that Chile helped the uk in the last falklands war , and that the RN sold chile loads of ships recently to become really a representative for it ,,Chile has its own territorial disputes with Argentina , the argentinian president is in danger of believing her own rhetoric imo...
edit on 10-2-2012 by gambon because: (no reason given)

btw its a complete fallacy the uk needs usa permission to lauch thats the whole point of the subs bu if thats what u want to believe the misinformation must be working...

edit on 10-2-2012 by gambon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

You are yet again spoiling threads by making these completely untrue allegations.

Unless you have any actual evidence for this, I would suggest you refrain as it seems you are making disparaging comments against a group of people based on their ethnicity.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

reply to post by ComeFindMe

Clearly you haven't read indian history.NCERT and indian historian estimates indian deaths due to british genocide at 150-250 million.But real figures are higher with levels of 1.8 billion.

sites.google.com...

It is estimated that 1.8 billion Indians died avoidably from dire deprivation under the British, notable atrocities including 10 million Indians butchered in reprisals for the 1857 uprising (see Amaresh Misra's book “ “War of Civilizations: India AD 1857” –(Volume I -The Road to Delhi; & Volume II- The Long Revolution) ” : warofcivilisations.blogspot.com... ), the Great Bengal Famine of 1769-1779 (that killed 10 million Bengalis, 1/3 of the population), 2 centuries of British-imposed famines that killed scores of millions, most notably in the latter half of the 19th century and culminating in the 1943-1945 Bengali Holocaust, the man-made atrocity in which 6-7 million Indians in Bihar, Bengal, Assam and Orissa were deliberately starved to death by the British in the World War 2 Bengal Famine (see the transcript of the BBC broadcast “Bengal Famine” involving me, Nobel Laureate Professor Amartya Sen and other scholars: www.open2.net... ; see also Gideon Polya's book “Jane Austen and the Black Hole of British History”: globalavoidablemortality.blogspot.com... ).
www.countercurrents.org...

newbritishempire.site11.com...

This is more evidence (if more evidence were wanted) of India “moving forward” (to quote the horrible contemporary Newspeak) after suffering 2 centuries of genocidal British rule in which avoidable deaths in India from British-imposed deprivation in the period 1757-1947 totaled 1.8 billion, an Indian Holocaust and an Indian Genocide as defined by Article 2 of the UN Genocide Convention. Using census and other estimates of Indian population in these periods, post-invasion excess deaths totaled 0.6 billion, 1757-1837; 0.5 billion, 1837-1901 under Queen Victoria; and 0.4 billion in 1901-1947; this being 1.5 billion in total and 1.8 billion victims if the carnage in the various royalty-ruled Indian British Protectorate States are included.
mwcnews.net...

You are the biggest mass murderers on the entire planet.

Madhusree Mukerjee systematically successively analyzes the background to the Bengali Holocaust in a prologue that deals with British India and the massive recurrent man-made famines, commencing with the 1769-1770 Bengal Famine in which 10 million people died due to British greed. Not quoted is Amaresh Misra’s book “War of Civilizations: India AD 1857” that estimates that 10 million people died in British reprisals for the 1857 Indian rebellion. While the appalling famine history of British India is outlined the genocidal aspect is downplayed. Thus it can be estimated from British census and comparative mortality data that 1.8 billion Indians died prematurely less than 2 centuries of British rule. While Mukerjee makes clear the British economic exploitation of India, she downplays the reality that endemic poverty and hunger in India made it possible for a distant island of scores of millions to rule hundreds of millions of disempowered Indian subjects with the help of well-fed sepoys and other collaborators...
mwcnews.net...

It is estimated that 1.8 billion Indians died avoidably from dire deprivation under the British, notable atrocities including 10 million Indians butchered in reprisals for the 1857 uprising (see Amaresh Misra's book “ “War of Civilizations: India AD 1857” –(Volume I -The Road to Delhi; & Volume II- The Long Revolution) ” : warofcivilisations.blogspot.com... ), the Great Bengal Famine of 1769-1779 (that killed 10 million Bengalis, 1/3 of the population), 2 centuries of British-imposed famines that killed scores of millions, most notably in the latter half of the 19th century and culminating in the 1943-1945 Bengali Holocaust, the man-made atrocity in which 6-7 million Indians in Bihar, Bengal, Assam and Orissa were deliberately starved to death by the British in the World War 2 Bengal Famine (see the transcript of the BBC broadcast “Bengal Famine” involving me, Nobel Laureate Professor Amartya Sen and other scholars: www.open2.net... ; see also Gideon Polya's book “Jane Austen and the Black Hole of British History”: globalavoidablemortality.blogspot.com... ).
www.countercurrents.org...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

Come on Mods, when are you going to ban this idiot?

Once again he is off thread with his 'revisionist history' and anti British bigoted diatribe.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
news.sky.com...

My first post on here. I really cant get my Head around why the Falklands are disputed. In my opinion we settled before argentinia even exsisted. The islanders want to remain british out of choice. The fact that argenina are planning on cutting off the suplies to the islands shows the mentality of the argentinian government. They have NO legitimate claim to the islands.

On the issue of the sky article, i think sean penns comments are very short sighted and laughable. The fact we have tried to negotiate over island that legitimately belond to us shows we are not being colonial at all. He should stick to acting or at least google falkland islands before he starts spouting off. South america and north america were colonised bu i dont see any britsh actors demanding that the respective governments enter into negotionations with the indigenous peope over the handing back of thier land. I do believe the argentinian president is of spanish-german decent herself. People in glass houses and all that.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join