It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO above Wadden Sea

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

You do realize the cruising speed of many touring helicopters is around 150mph correct? A balloon passing at 150mph would look rather fast, don't you think?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Great vid OP
I think this one looks like a classic UFO , And filmed by a professional film crew, that makes it more reliable only we don't know if this was staged to see what kind of reaction it would cause, Do you know what this documentary was about?

S&F

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
reply to post by dadgad

Great vid OP
I think this one looks like a classic UFO , And filmed by a professional film crew, that makes it more reliable only we don't know if this was staged to see what kind of reaction it would cause, Do you know what this documentary was about?

S&F

Good question. To my knowledge they are very serious about it. It is indeed a state sponsored organization that has ties to one of the national television channels(VPRO) and some private sponsors as well it seems. So partly tax-funded and partly investment, a very common combination here.
I believe that for them to be exercising some kind of public experiment would be rather damaging to their image and runs counter to their objectives which they seem very serious about.

Their objective is described as such:

Nederland van Boven is een ode aan het maakbare Nederland. Door middel van datavisualisaties, indrukwekkende luchtbeelden en portretten van helden op de grond laten we zien wie we zijn en hoe onze mentaliteit ons land gevormd heeft. Wie naar de krioelende mierenhoop kijkt die Nederland is, vraagt zich af waarom ons land niet elke dag totaal vastloopt in een ongelofelijke chaos. Maar wie van bovenaf naar ons land kijkt ziet iets heel anders: een precisie uurwerk. ‘Nederland van Boven’ kijkt vanuit vogelperspectief met behulp van helikopters, paragliders, ballonnen en vliegers naar de ritmes en patronen van Nederland.

Basically it comes down to them wishing to educate people about the Netherlands by providing a different view. Our country is almost entirely man-made, which really makes it a remarkable project to look at. Most Dutch people are completely ignorant about this. Many aren't even aware that we survive because of our incredible dike system. Without it the country would flood within moments!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Very interesting I clearly see a path how this object is behaving... I made a 3d compilation of this object and behavior. What stunned me was that he turned from the left position to straight position , looked like he came from a U turn around the helicopter..

High resolution photo from this event..

nothing like a balloon to me..and no CGI like what I made..

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The camera seems to be focused on the sea. I seem to discern some small wave movement. The UFO seems to be slightly out of focus, which makes it less of a chance of being a hoax. We need a bonifide language translator for this thread.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

On October 23, 2011our helicopter cameras filmed a particular object over the Wadden Sea. We have no idea what it is. Who can help us?

It was filmed between Harlingen and Terschelling, looking southwest (in the distance you see the closure dike ), probably between 16.30 and 17.00. Keep in mind that the camera can zoom in .

So the speed at which the object seems to fly, can be influenced by zooming in. We really not know what it is. It may simply be a bird, but it seems to have strange shape for a bird. Who makes us wiser?

UPDATE: We get many mails that allow a UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) would be and also the suggestion of a bird of prey is done on several occasions. The theory we Self see that it is simply a balloon (people report that a string is shown below the UFO). In that case, the camera would move under the helicopter and balloon, almost hovering.

Vpro

Translated

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
The camera seems to be focused on the sea. I seem to discern some small wave movement. The UFO seems to be slightly out of focus, which makes it less of a chance of being a hoax. We need a bonifide language translator for this thread.

lo! I can translate anything you wish, it's my mother tongue!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

reply to post by dadgad

Very interesting I clearly see a path how this object is behaving... I made a 3d compilation of this object and behavior. What stunned me was that he turned from the left position to straight position , looked like he came from a U turn around the helicopter..

High resolution photo from this event..

nothing like a balloon to me..and no CGI like what I made..

Interesting. Nice work. I also notice the turn it made. It seems to me like wobble though...

I am having a hard time going with the balloon hypothesis. But then again the helicopter is going in the opposite direction which would make it seem to move faster then it might right?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Well we don't have much information for reference. Because when flying on open sea,from harlingen to terschelling on what occasion do you bump into some freaky looking balloon, to me it definitely looks black and you see the shape is overall very good. also why would a balloon divert from its position, and yes UFO's do hover.. but this one I think moves, the tilt betray the movement is my guess.

The only thing I don't understand is why wait so long to ask the public what this is, It's bothering them not to know what it is I think?
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Well we don't have much information for reference. Because when flying on open sea,from harlingen to terschelling on what occasion do you bump into some freaky looking balloon,

Open sea?? You may want to check Google maps for Waddenzee. It's not as large an area as you would think.

(NOTE: The NORTH Sea perhaps, but they clearly said Waddenzee)
edit on 2-2-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Wadden they sea? A 'UFO' is not what you describe.

Originally posted by dadgad
Let us first make clear what the very word UFO means again. It's very simple. It means unidentified flying object and lets stick to that definition.

edit on 1-2-2012 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

The UFOs that I know are one of luminous light, blue, green, white. They come down to the treetops, and people see them. They are identified. Some people see them and find themselves in the road facing strange humanlike people, but strange, and then them miss some time..
edit on 2-2-2012 by greyer because: spelling
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gavron

you're right but it still has 30 kilometers or what between the two places , and the island isn't that big either and almost a desolate place for what I know

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
reply to post by dadgad

Let us first make clear what the very word UFO means again. It's very simple. It means unidentified flying object and lets stick to that definition.

The UFOs that I know are one of luminous light, blue, green, white. They come down to the treetops, and people see them. They are identified. Some people see them and find themselves in the road facing strange humanlike people, but strange, and then them miss some time..

No. You are already distorting the actual meaning of the definition. Read again. Unidentified flying object.

What you describe to be a ufo is actually an identified object.You are already applying characteristics. You should use another word, not UFO. extra DIV

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
It looks like we are seeing a partially frozen ice sheet on the sea. Am I correct? I wonder what altitude the helicopter was at, during the time of filming? Did the helicopter crew actually witness the UFO itself? Can anybody explain the rope or antenna protruding below the object, during the stopgap zoom portion's?

Thanks,

Erno86

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

Its very shallow waters sometimes you can almost or totally walk from the main land to the islands, what you see is wet mud banks that surfaces out of the water.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You should use another word, not UFO.

I agree, for all alien craft that have visited earth I use the term "strange lights,"(often there are more than one together) and that is what the people who see them refer to them as. UFO was a term made by the government in 1952 in order to direct away peoples attention from the alien craft that glowed in many different colors of lights. The thing that makes me believe it is because in recorded history there have been people who got out of their cars and saw strange people by the landed craft lights.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Nvm.. Have to learn to read first haha

edit on 4-2-2012 by Alyssjee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I have lived in the netherlands for 5 years and i learned to speak dutch (with a american accent,and they love how i say Xbawx
)

What i can tell everyone here is that that tv channel 'VPRO' is very established and sober and intellectual in its ways. No one will ever expect any sensationalism from them and for good reason and as many have pointed out already analyzing the video it all checks out ,no fakery or trying hard to make this into something that it is not,it would be very unlike the vpro to do that.

This is also why i think that if it was a balloon that only seems to pass at high speeds because of the hellicopters own speed that the people that were working on this film would not even put this call for help in identifying this out there.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

reply to post by dadgad

You should use another word, not UFO.

I agree, for all alien craft that have visited earth I use the term "strange lights,"(often there are more than one together) and that is what the people who see them refer to them as. UFO was a term made by the government in 1952 in order to direct away peoples attention from the alien craft that glowed in many different colors of lights. The thing that makes me believe it is because in recorded history there have been people who got out of their cars and saw strange people by the landed craft lights.

What is the point you are trying to make here?

First you say :
It is not a UFO because UFO's are suposed to be shiny luminous and colorful.In adition, humanoid forms and people with missing time...

Which is totaly ridiculous imo unless considering this thread, you have the bog standard hollywood style in mind.
Then you come back and say that the term UFO is not correct because it is a government ploy.

How is any of this useful or even make sense in relation to the thread?

edit on 5-2-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

Ahmose

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

wow very niice find!
Good post/thread! Thanks dadgad!
This is a great change from the recent "UFO" rubbish. lol

Looks even better when downloaded and viewed fullscreen.
You rock.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join