It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO above Wadden Sea

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hi.

I had actually told myself to not again post anything related to UFO's. However since ufology is one of my many interests, I just had to share what I just came across.

Let us first make clear what the very word UFO means again. It's very simple. It means unidentified flying object and lets stick to that definition.

So this is titled 'UFO boven Waddenzee' (UFO above Wadden Sea). The people that filmed this were a crew of a state-sponsored (I assume) organization that deals in filming Holland from above. While filming the Wadden Sea from their helicopter they caught this object on film. And it does very much seem to look like a tiny saucer (domed?) shaped object, hence the confusion.
They have no idea what this exactly is and are asking the viewers for assistance in determining the origin of this exotic object. Some people they say suggested it be an UAV (unmanned arial vehicle), others suggested a bird. They themselves lean towards a balloon. So.. you decide. Help them out!

nederlandvanboven.vpro.nl...

edit on 1-2-2012 by dadgad because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It appeared, to me at least, to have a slight double domed top. Wish it was on film for longer. I haven't a clue what it was, but it was interesting.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Nice to have a decent bit of film to analyze for a change, this is pretty interesting

Its certainly not instantly obvious what it is. Would be helpful if we knew the height and speed of the craft that was doing the filming.

It looks like its just sitting there rather than flying about but its hard to tell from that short clip. If thats the case its probably not any type of 'exotic' craft.

edit on 1-2-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Nice footage,

My guess would be a falcon or other air hunting bird in dive flight.

edit on 1-2-2012 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
If you pause the video at 0.14 it would appear there is something hanging from the UFO .....balloon maybe ?

edit on 1-2-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
website almost crashed my computer. what scripts do they have on their webpage, didnt even get to see the movie

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
If you pause the video at 0.14 it would appear there is something hanging from the UFO .....balloon maybe ?

You're correct and that is why they (organization) lean towards balloon.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

I think you are right. I went back a watched it again. It does appear to have something hanging down. It could be a weather balloon with monitoring equipment hanging. Or, it could be something else....IDK....

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So well I am at it. Look at this one. Rather remarkable. No background info other then: Uploaded by onpriel1 on Jan 30, 2012

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I dont know about the balloon theory. Is this thing not travelling quite fast? Or does it just look like that? Because if it is, you would expect whatever is hanging from it to trail behind but insted it stays ridgid the whole way.

As for the video above, i'm pretty sure the ATS community has already 'debunked' that one
it is a nice vid though.
edit on 1-2-2012 by iksose7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
This is not a balloon. Definitively.

This is a clear Unidentified (and very, very fast) Flying Object.

S&F.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

This is not a balloon. Definitively.

As they themselves say the apparent speed of the object is probably due to the speed of the helicopter plus the zoom of the camera .

Keep in mind that the camera can zoom in much. That the speed with which the object seems to fly, influence

edit on 2-2-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Watch ONLY the first 12 seconds in the video, of the original footage and not the zoomed images x2, x3 etc...

This is a very wide angle camera footage. You can see even the horizon.
A balloon can't travel at that speed and so a common airplane/helicopter.
edit on 2-2-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I'd like to point out that there is a uniform reflection on the upper right surface the whole video..someone had mentioned that it was a bird which I think is extremely unlikely...whatever this is looks almost yo-yo shaped with two "pill" shapes meeting....I dunno there are so many videos it's hard to decipher authentic from fake. Guess that's the whole purpose of disinformation though right?

In this case I believe whatever filmed was moving very fast. I suggest making it full-screen and starting at 8 sec...you can see it coming from the horizon

edit on 2-2-2012 by Lapislazuli because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

So you know the frame rate of the camera, the proximity of the object to the camera, where the camera was and how fast it was going, directional axis of the camera and object? For all we know it could be time lapse footage, i certainly don't see the water movements, one would think they could see the gentile water waves. A wide angle would make a straight path look bowed, or curved in-route, the thing went straight, and there is no denying an attached hanging thing below showing no wind friction, it must be very stiff to do that.

You also have no idea if the camera or object is creating that relative motion. Besides that damn website has a different word for everything, I can't make out anything in that text.

Its just me but if they are doing scientific measurements and asking people to guess what this object is during their tour, would they find the need to add an ominous soundtrack? Or does that sound more like a Youtuber?
edit on 2-2-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
too bad we don't know the helicopters speed above ground and the shutter-speed of the cam so we would be able to give an estimate about the objects speed above ground.

for me it looks much like a balloon of some sort, maybe just a plastic-bag with something dangeling from it.
As this is at the coastline there are often strong winds that pick up garbage like plastic bags and let it fly for some time.

thanks for the great quality vid

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Well spotted, if you look closely, you can see the object is moving.

It looks great zooming into frame, and past the camera.

I call unidentified

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TMJ1972

Have you looked at the video?

This is no plastic bag!!

And I don't think anything is hanging from the object, I think the picture above is a trick of the eye.

Looks solid to me, we could do with someone running the image of the object through some software to give some more details.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
i am so sorry about that guys. my portable radar from call of duty just goes off into the most unneeded places!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
The UFO seems to have the correct sun angle reflection off its metallic hull. Object is on a very fast vector course.
Unless it is a clever CGI....I give it a

edit on 2-2-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join