It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking to Myself (TJWC)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
We all have a narrated monologue going on in our own minds. We talk with ourselves in that private place where no one, except ourselves, can hear us. Free indirect discourse. “Talking to Myself” is the monologue taking place in the mind of the worlds only time jumper - a lone mutant; or superhero; or poor soul cursed with a ‘gift’ from above; or pathological entity … it has yet to be determined which.

"Talking to Myself"

Mmmmmm I smell coffee. It must be morning. Gotta’ get up and get today started. Oh man, that’s funny. ‘Morning’. ‘Today’. Do I even remember what that means? Time hopping has really messed with my equilibrium. I don’t even have a base time period anymore. It’s all blended together. No place to call home. Okay, opening my eyes .. and .. in comes the sun light. March 1, 2012. Guess it’s morning here. Hey, I actually slept at night and woke up in the morning like a normal person. ‘Normal’. What’s that? Is there such a thing? How many years have I been at this anyways?? I forget.

Where did I sleep last night? An abandoned warehouse again. Brush the dirt off … yuk, I’ll never get used to this. Rat poop. Open backpack. Getting worn but still can be used. Get cleaned up. Brush teeth. This toothpaste I got from 2035 is great. Wash up in the rain water. This water tastes so much better than the future water.

Okay here we go. Set my inner time machine to go forward and get breakfast with myself December 23, 2035 at the McDonalds on 5th street. I like meeting myself to talk about what I’ve already done but haven’t done yet. I’m the only one I can talk to about all this. I’m my own best friend.

Breakfast is done. Where’s the ‘Make America Better’ list I made years ago? Left pocket. Looks like I’ve crossed off about 20 ‘fixes’and investigations. The Apollo 1 fix was tricky as was the Challenger fix . Man that felt good saving those folks! I failed with the Columbia fix. NASA wouldn’t listen. Budget stuff they said. Neda Agha-Soltan has grandchildren in America in this time period. She whacked her head when I pushed her down to get out of the way of the bullet, but she did just fine. Martin Luther King Jr. had a similar reaction when I pushed him away from the grim reaper. But for some reason Gandhi just smiled and gave me a nod when I jumped on top of him. Wonder if he knew … wonder if he could time jump too? Let’s see … the list ... save the Titanic is still here. I tried, I really did. But those darn corporate types wouldn’t listen. Man they got ticked when I tried to get them to use better bolts and to put more lifeboats on board. But they didn’t want to ‘waste the money’. Hitler is crossed off. It felt good putting a bullet through his head. It was a little disturbing that he was only 20 years old and didn’t understand why it was happening. I made a mess of things though. I knocked him off and then the Standard Oil corporate goons just came up with Anton Drexler to be their stooge. I enjoyed double tapping him. Ernst Roehm was then the tool of choice by the corporate goons. I couldn’t get anywhere near the guy and I didn’t even add him to my list. He was bad, but not nearly as bad as Hitler. Well, even though there was no stopping TPTB with this, at least I mitigated the problem.

Let’s see, what else is left on the ‘make America better’ to do list … talk to America’s founding fathers about not allowing slavery; ending slavery stops the civil war before it happens; put a bullet in Buffalo Bill after he ‘soldiers’ but before he tries to destroy the West; be standing at the counter in the Hawaiian court house when Barack Obama’s birth certificate is initiated; find a way to keep America's space program going, perhaps by using my knowledge of the future and our other world 'visitors'; find a way to expose what is in the vaccinations that big Pharma is pumping out, I should be able to do this considering what I know about the future; squash the tobacco industry after colonization but before it gets a stronghold in the USA in the 1900s. ... There is so much that could be done but I can’t stop every traffic accident or plane crash. Oh well, I’ve embraced this nomadic time-tripping lifestyle so I’m going to do my best.

What to do about Jesus still being on this list? I went back. I tried. I really did. But he wouldn’t have anything to do with me stopping it all. I’m glad I could at least help His mother for a couple of days. Poor woman. I don’t know why she didn’t go insane having to watch her son butchered like that. Maybe I helped her some by being there.

'Check out Moses' is still on the list too. The pictures I took of who Moses was really talking to on that mountain top came out great, but no one believes me. Yet. They will in 40 years when ‘they’ come back, but man, people need to know NOW to prepare! Oh well … you can lead a horse to water and all that …

I’d best stick to the ‘small’ stuff from now on. Help change the timeline for the better in small bites instead of the big ones. I really messed up that whole Hitler thing. I can’t wait for my list to be finished so I can relax a bit back in 1500 BC .. see what all those Hindu gods were fighting about in the skies over India.

Enough procrastination! Next - get started with TWA flight 800. Time for a strategic strike on the time line. Lives to be saved and a conspiracy to be uncovered. I’d better be careful with this one. I swear that someone knows about my jumping around in time. I don’t know how anyone could, but I’m getting that feeling. Everywhere I go … Every’TIME’ I go .. I feel like there are eyes everywhere watching me. Am I doing my own thing here, or am I just a tool of some one else or perhaps I’ve lost my mind. Whatever. Setting my inner time machine for July 17, 1996 ….

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Have you ever wondered what our thoughts would be like without language? No language no inner voice, how would our thoughs manifest, probably images and instinct reactions such as hunger and fear but there would be no inner voice.

I wonder if it would be lonely without an inner voice. I guess I day dream a lot and those day dreams normally come to me through monologue. Do I talk to myself? Yes all the time but not out loud so im not completely mad yet.

Interesting story anyway thinking about time travel always messes ma head up.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

edit on 1-2-2012 by will615 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

I honestly try this as often as possible. It is so hard to do. This is an important subject. Just spend one hour a day, no thoughts or words, only feeling, sensing.
edit on 1-2-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This story really does make sense, and it is probably why TT has not been made public. Like traveling to other less developed Planets, one just cannot get involved in this way...
edit on 1-2-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I just tried spending 10 minutes without using language to think!

My brain can just not do. The initial failure was when the idea first came into my head in the form of me thinking "Ok lets start" lol

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
Have you ever wondered what our thoughts would be like without language?

I REMEMBER what it is like. Really. Most people don't believe me but I have two womb memories. They are without language, of course, because there was no language in the womb.

This one is the best example - I'll explain in words but at the time there was none to think of ... just feelings ... I remember being in there and sitting ... and a loud roaring sound was going on .. I remember that it was on the right side (the outside of my mothers stomach, not the side going in towards her heart) and that I wanted to get away from it ... but I remember that I didn't like putting my ear on the left side because it was always too loud (body noises). I remember frustration.

Later in life my mother told me that she and my father went to a stock car derby race when she was 8 months pregant with me and that during the race, every time the cars went around the track and came close to them I'd 'tighten up' in the stomach.

So I'm thinking the noise I was trying to get away from in my womb memory was probably that stock car race. I didn't have the language for 'noise' or 'left' or 'right' or 'frustration' ... But I had learned which side of the stomach I preferred my ear to be against (the outside) and I remembered not liking what was happening and being frustrated.

TRUE STORY.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Fun! I like the dichotomy to the other story.
Brilliant!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Excellent deliver on a different angle. Who's to say we need machines to TT? Who says it can't be a innate ability such as you have put forth?

Very intriguing. SnF.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Who's to say we need machines to TT?

You know that movie 'Jumper'? I thought of that years ago ... traveling like that.
I'm sure that's popped into lots of people's heads.
But I'm wondering if some will be able to do it for real some day.
That's not time travel ... it's distance travel.
But along those lines for TT...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
For some reason the last time I allowed my chatter box become too wild, my doctor almost fill me off with anti depressants, I mean the hard core, because when you let the imagination run wild the doctors will tell you that you have some chemical imbalance.

Sadly most of us that have that wild imagination are those that complain about the status quo the most, so we most be depress and mentally unstable.

Great post Flyers

new topics

top topics

join