It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could global warming lead to alien intervention? Scientists say yes.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

It is sad to say that the CC, AGW and GW is so entangled and politically entwined, that the basic arguements get coloured and distorted all according to who you talk to. This, (very long) article gives some of the insights,

en.wikipedia.org...

What's actually happened since the inception of the IPCC in the late eighties is a continuing conflict between scientists in their own 'Eggy' talk, and what their consensus is, in the statements made to the public in a lay language. If you get other researchers who have non-AGW findings, and who publish in a lay journal, in a lay language, you can be sure the loose brotherhood of the IPCC will be down on them like a ton of bricks.

The have been resignations from prestigious societies over dogma in the camp, this is one of the latest,

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The very last paragraph is very revealing. For this thread, and alien intervention, I'm not sure that there is 'intervention' just that a cooking Earth might attract a few hungry aliens, for a few, tasty barbequed humans. Of course when they see all the nuclear stuff lying about, they would probably bugger off.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
To the topic at hand however:

Why the hell would an ET come check us out as we are microwaving ourselves? I mean, they may be curious about what we are doing..might even send probes to watch us toxify our own biosphere and wonder what sort of madness has gripped us to where we would poison our own water supply for ___.

But..intervention? Would you step in and stop a madman from killing himself? Self determinization means we should be allowed to kill ourselves if we desire..it doesn't harm them,and frankly, if we do off ourselves, they will have a planet to play in.

What wisdom would it teach us also if they did intervene? we can screw things up as much as we want and let someone else clean the mess up?

No, this is our doing, and our choice to address it, or not. I favor the addressing and fixing part..its our world after all..however, I understand the greed that wants to ignore it and continue on our destruction. And if that is our final course, then this species was indeed inferior and not befitting the endeavor for expansion among the stars sadly. I like people, but a failed test is a failed test.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by PageAlaCearl
Global warming is a scam to get companies to buy Carbon Credits, TPTB use it to line their pockets with Green paper, this is the reason for going green.

Alien intervention happened along time ago and Earth will see a mini ice age before it ever sees a global warming.

Global warming denial is a scam, pushed by corporations whom don't want to lose profit by cleaning up their act and pushed by net idiots whom do not know how to research anything.

Global Warming Denial

Teaching about anthropogenic climate change certainly is bad science; just examine the earth’s temperature record. Over many thousands of years the planet has undergone dramatic temperature fluctuations. In modern times we’ve witnessed seen the same thing, with a slight warming commencing after the conclusion of the Little Ice Age in 1850, leading to a cooling in the 1940s, and returning to a brief warming in the mid-seventies. Since 1998, the global atmosphere has not experienced any further warming. Nonetheless, global warming enthusiasts are quick to note that there has been a 1.14 degrees Fahrenheit warming since 1850, but of course they fail to tell you that 88 percent of that rise occurred prior to 1940. As for atmospheric carbon dioxide levels, those too have varied significantly.

Lead to a cooling in the 1940's - ummm....1890-1940 second industrial revolution = a lot of pollution - temperatures went down...

Prior to 1940...That means from 1850 to 1997 temperatures went up 1.14 degrees in 161 years.....

Based on readings from more than 30,000 measuring stations, the data was issued last week without fanfare by the Met Office and the University of East Anglia Climatic Research Unit. It confirms that the rising trend in world temperatures ended in 1997

Temperatures stopped rising in 1997......hmmmmm....Global warming denial really?

www.dailymail.co.uk... z1l9iQGqHV
edit on 1-2-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
ETs looking around the universe for emission levels?
Does anybody not realise that they are bring indoctrinated to believe in UFOs and ET life?

"SETI, the government organization in a “Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence” is Masonically named after an Egyptian Pharaoh. CC like the “alien” Crop Circles and the CCs on the “Moon” encode Masonic 33. Stanley Kubrick’s 2001: Space Odyssey came out 33 years prior in 1968. In 1947 the Area 51/Roswell UFO allegedly landed at 33.33 degrees north latitude (the Masonic number) and 104 degrees longitude. Interestingly, 104 is 33.33 multiplied by Pi (3.14159), and 33.33 degrees latitude is exactly 2012 miles from the equator. Thus 2012 and Masonic 33 have been numerically encoded into the alien hoax since the beginning. Also in 1947 the US government created the CIA and the NSA."

"Royal Blue blood Knight of Malta and Honorary 33rd degree Freemason, America’s 40th President Ronald Reagan often talked about how the whole world would come together if there were an external alien threat to our planet."

"All of these were made by Masons: Close Encounters of the Third Kind, ET, Taken, Alien 1-4, Independence Day, 2001: Space Odyssey, Star Wars, Star Trek, Men In Black, From the Earth to the Moon, Apollo 13, War of the Worlds, and the X-Files."

www.atlanteanconspiracy.com...

They need you to believe. Lying signs and wonders in the heavens.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoLoveInFear46and2
reply to post by abeverage

Exactly just like our troops in Iraq, afghanistan and very soon Iran, let's find these terrorists before we get a worlwide 9/11 which was True btw!!!! Fear the aliens, FEAR THEM!!

Hmm hmm ok enough fear mongering here and I think we should stop paying attention to this kind of fear mongering people don't you see? They have us wrapped up in a bubble of fear and wonder do not give thought to all the fear and if you don't let the fear get to you then the brainwashing won't get to you.

Think for yourselves, question authority and spread Love brothers
Peace

I have very little fear of Aliens...but I like to be prepared. And my response had nothing to do with our fighting on this planet. Just as a precaution to a civilization ending event, and trust me the moment we make contact our civilization does end. And then becomes something very new and different either good or bad. Just like with the Native Americans...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
If there is even global warming, it is caused by the natural processes on Earth, not by all the emissions of CO2 in the air.. I think there is no such thing as Global warming, the Earth is doing its natural process of climate change. Aliens would have no reason to come, they'd rather use nature to get rid of us.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PageAlaCearl

Based on readings from more than 30,000 measuring stations, the data was issued last week without fanfare by the Met Office and the University of East Anglia Climatic Research Unit. It confirms that the rising trend in world temperatures ended in 1997

Temperatures stopped rising in 1997......hmmmmm....Global warming denial really?

From this point on, I will ignore your posts since you refuse to acknowledge mine
Let me just give one last repeat of my former reply to you, about this same daily mail trash article of misinformation

basically its debunked trash

Rise above the corporate programming and skewed anti-science stooges
press the play button...I would link you to articles giving you the facts...matter of fact, here it is:
SkepticalScience
But I know you won't click that link as it may end up informing you of something.

Now, no more talky talky...discussion is a two way street..until you actually at the very least, press the play button, then there is no need to continue discussing considering you are not wanting to hear anything of factual value.

However, I will expose any willfully false information you decide to vomit forward..not to change your "mind", but rather to make sure others know just what a disinformation king you are attempting to be.

Actually, I can't be bothered..this is page 2, the average ATSer will read only page 1, then comment and make up their mind...and any lurker already has enough info to get the actual facts if they care to...so carry on. hell, suggest we are actually currently in a ice age and glaciers are all the way to new york if you want...have at it.

Just remember, you have to look in the mirror eventually, and look at the offspring of your family...and as their environment is crumbling because of people like you...you will have to pay the toll and realize you did this to them purposefully and willfully.

Me, I hope both the scientific community and myself are dead wrong and the politicians and corporations are correct.

incidently, a bit on how the spin works:

Watch how the media, politicians, and corporatists purposefully take a scientists words out of context, the perpetuate a 1/4th truth. Its sickening art really...yet its so clear how its done.

I know you won't watch it...but to those on the fence and lurking..press the play and see what types of veiled corporate dictatorship your up against when understanding this subject. its not techy, its just clearcut american spin machine in action..

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It s an interesting idea. (that of aliens being attracted to earth due to climate change). Seems like the author was thinking outside of the box, and also giving perhaps an outside reason to prevent pollution. But really, the idea can be extended to any mass self-destruction tendencies, such as potential nuclear war, overpopulation, fracking, genetic sex selection (of boys over girls etc.). Is the idea that we are leaving ourselves weak, open to alien intervention? hostile or otherwise? I tend to think that other space-faring tehcno-civilizations will have had in all probability a time in their past very like what we are now going through. It s kind of like a mid-history point, related to advanced technology and leaving the planet, they are linked intrinically. If you can survive that and get your self-destructive tendencies under control, then you will eventually be exploring the galaxy, and have those same restraints, which prepares you for contact with other species (in other words, the civilization has matured to the point where meeting another sentient species from a different world, which would be a very unsettling experience, would be more manageable and peaceful). So aliens species with this background are going to understand what we are going through from their own perspective and history, from their own time of troubles, possibly better than we do since we do not as yet know what the eventual outcomes will be. So I am going to bet that at least some are going to be sympathetic. As for humans being a threat, i would say certainly not to other species that are space-faring (aside from the whole issue of conducting war accross vast distances of space, surely one the most difficult propositions). Either we will destroy ourselves (as I believe that certain technological advances require precisely the kind of unified thinking that will be needed to save ourselves) or we will survive and be a different race with very different values. The problem should usually solve itself from that perspective.The aliens may certainly be indifferent. Overt hostility seems unlikely, at least initially. business and economics, resources are another thing, but simply avoiding/concealing from humans when seeking nearbly resources seems the most likely avenue there.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

post by SloAnPainful
This article also has some pretty credible souces such as NASA and researchers from Penn State.

Not exactly

It's important to note that while one of the authors does have a NASA affiliation, this report is not actually sanctioned by NASA

What if global warming is being caused by Aliens , part of their experiment on us to see how we'd cope .
I don't buy the ET are here to save us theory , I think they'd be as dispassionate about us as we are about monkeys in a zoo , or the poor primates in an experimental science lab

Well lets see...

NASA finds arsenic based life on Earth but we find the flubbed they test and it isn't true
NASA now says the Sun changes are NOT causing global warming and we know it isn't caused by us as its happening in the entire solar system
Scientists at LROC/ASU in charge of NASA images talked about looking for Alien Artifacts on Moon pictures
Now we have one NASA scientist saying Aliens would like the Greenhouse effect (as it is on Venus
)
Steve Hawking tells us Aliens would not have our best intersts at heart
Even History Channel did an alien invasion thing where robot ships were stripping the planet

So your likely right... the aliens are not here to help us... they are TERRAFORMING to make it more hospitable to them...

There see? Disclosure IS leaking out

So ummm what species hates cold and needs it to be warmer?

edit on 1-2-2012 by zorgon because: Gremlins did it :shk:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

post by zorgon
So ummm what species hates cold and needs it to be warmer?

OMG ....You don't mean .....

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
If there is even global warming, it is caused by the natural processes on Earth, not by all the emissions of CO2 in the air..

The debate is whether we have released CO2 gases etc that we produce as a race is enough to affect the climate of this planet.... that's what's in question. If it is caused by natural processes, it would still be global warming. You can debate whether or not man was the cause, not whether or not CO2 is part of the cause.

Originally posted by Imtor
I think there is no such thing as Global warming, the Earth is doing its natural process of climate change.

Either way, if the entire globe is heating up, I think that can be classified as global warming, or sorry, climate change, or whatever.

Originally posted by ImtorAliens would have no reason to come, they'd rather use nature to get rid of us.

The aliens are taking advantage of what is happening anyhow, or they are causing this global warming that according to you is happening only be natural processes? So which is it, natural, man, non-existent, or caused by aliens.

Didn't mean to pick your post apart, it was just really confusing to me.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

The warming isnt exactly 'warming' but great temperature amplitdes. Very warm summers and now we get -20 and lower degrees Celsius. The thing is both warmer and colder years existed for a long time with no specific gradual change as it is absolutely random when the years are warmer and when they are colder. The climate changes could be related to the tectonics, volcanoes and what overall is happening on the planet, not global warming.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

"Royal Blue blood Knight of Malta and Honorary 33rd degree Freemason, America’s 40th President Ronald Reagan often talked about how the whole world would come together if there were an external alien threat to our planet."

"All of these were made by Masons: Close Encounters of the Third Kind, ET, Taken, Alien 1-4, Independence Day, 2001: Space Odyssey, Star Wars, Star Trek, Men In Black, From the Earth to the Moon, Apollo 13, War of the Worlds, and the X-Files."

They need you to believe. Lying signs and wonders in the heavens.

"All of these were made by Masons: Close Encounters of the Third Kind, ET, Taken, Alien 1-4, Independence Day, 2001: Space Odyssey, Star Wars, Star Trek, Men In Black, From the Earth to the Moon, Apollo 13, War of the Worlds, and the X-Files....."

NAHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..
...They need you to believe that Alien are HOSTILE....giving you the facts!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Yeah...But....Duh!

...So do we need a scientist, NASA or not, to tell us what makes logical sense to anyone that can think beyond the dirt under their feet? That thinking is little different than what we paractice here on Earth. Isn't that our "problem" with North Korea? And what we have with that country is containment on all quarters, quarantine.

And if you want to go into it a bit further, that is what the NWO with strict, regimented control on all things with a global police force, NATO, and a master control, the UN.

(Ooops! Too much suggested thinking for some of you.)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Who knows they might be helping us already. At least I hope that if highly intelligent et are aware of us destroying the planet that they would pitch in.

If not were screwed, I don't see the greedy elites giving up money and power in favor of a cleaner power source they probably cant charge us for.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join