It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds in NYC _ Must See!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
OK, having seen the post about someone saying the sounds are made via WATERPHONE I was captivated by this instrument. I actually found one on EBAY and have purchased it, should get it by the weekend.

Anyway, in emails with the seller, he asked me where I had heard about waterphones. I told him that I was a member of ATS and had seen a thread here where someone had a theory that the sounds were by waterphone and then had watched you tube videos on them.

Here is his reply

hi kathy, that's funny, because i have also watched a number of videos with the strange sounds. on one of the comments someone actually said it was an aquasonic waterphone! so i decided to make a "strange sounds" video as a goof and an advertisement for the waterphones. did you see that one? i just put it up a few days ago.

and here it is

I wrote back to him and told him that was priceless!!!

You wait, after I get my waterphone, you might be seeing videos from Berkeley about strange sounds hehee

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Haha good video. I've never heard of that instrument before. Sounds creepy.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
"What?"

"I also do crop circles."

That's just awesome. XD

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Thats great but it doesn't really sound like the ones I've heard. I did see an article on it and a scientist thinks is causing here on ats.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Great Thread! I can see how this could be manipulated to make the sounds, in at least some of the cases. Hey, I know from the other thread that we do have members at ATS who work professionally in audio. Is there some way to get a baseline set of the sounds this makes and use that as a quick method to identify the sounds which are using the same method? Kinda of a signature of sorts...does that make sense? I'd hate to be caught listening to one of these, while believing it's genuine. There ought to be some way to at least ID and weed out known sources like this, right?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I sent a link to this page to the guy who sold me the waterphone

might get a new member here to boot

I am going out later to get a bow cause I want to be ready to play this thing the moment it arrives... I am so excited!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The problem is, if you really, really wanted to fool an area of the city with a sound that is not identifiable, you would have to create a long, low pitched, drawn out sound (in, say, FL Studio and/or Mixcraft/Acoustica) and play it on top of a building at full volume.

I wouldn't put it past hoaxers to do this, though. If people can take wooden boards and make crop circles without being caught, this wouldn't be a particularly difficult task.

The safest way to go would be to just make a video looking around at the sky, and insert said-sound into the video (with some distortion and reverb added).

Any other accounts could be the result of loud traffic (I live right near a small mountain that goes up, with a highway not too far away, and these low rumbling, mechanical sounds happen all the time, to the point where I don't even pay attention to them anymore), feedback from towers, very low earthquakes, strong wind, etc..

Until I suddenly start hearing loud sounds like a dumpster opening in slow motion for ten minutes or more, I will relocate these sounds to those aforementioned probabilities.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
HAHA!

awesome vid girl!!

S&F

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Airplanes can be generated on film using CGI therefore all reports of airplanes must be a hoax logic.

Good on you for doing the experiment however are you saying this debunks the increase in these strange sounds reported?

top topics

join