It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney: "I'm Not Concerned About the Very Poor"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by syrinx high priest

not a bad strategy

Except it's the only class of America that's shrinking. The poor are surging, the rich are growing fast. The middle class is collapsing.

He says he wants to support the 90-95% of americans who are middle class.

You mean the 1% who are middle class?

link   
reply to post by bladerunner44

OK everybody calm down just listen to the taped conversation this quote supposedly came from the oringal poster
didn't bother to listen to it. The comment was taken completely out of contect

link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Your absolutely correct check out this website for anyone who'd like to argue that this isn't true:www2.ucsc.edu...

Scroll down to the graph with the header: Figure 4: The actual United States wealth distribution plotted against the estimated and ideal distributions.

The figures are absolutely alarming, The rich need to start paying WAY more taxes.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Romney doesnt look ALL THAT Mexican. But those kids on stage looked like Eric Estrada, Mexican elitists in starched polos. Combine that with their buddy, forgot his name and its tacos for everyone!!!..........screw that, Ron Pauls wife is gonna cook me up some goodness.....Mrs. Romney AINT GOT NO BOOK BEEYACH,,lol ..........she does have some crazy overexaggerated hair though......

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Gingrich said something about going up against the "elite in Washington", except when he said it, he quickly looked down with his head bowned and couldn't meet anyone's eye..! These guys think they're so smart and can't be read transparently, that's what's really amuzing. Out of the body the heart speaks.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Did you actually read the OP? That was his exact quote word for word not taken out of context at all.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Liquesence

I think what he was meaning was that the very poor need no new provisions to help them because of safety nets already in place? At least that's my assumption .. it'd be a true statement. Who really needs help is the middle class as we rapidly are losing our footing and falling into the "poor class" as there are no safety nets for us.

But I agree it was a stupid comment made by a stupid politician.. Romney is so stereotypical in his actions it's unnerving .. I'm curious if he's an actual Humanbeing? Maybe it's because the GOP thought there was no chance of ever beating a populous President that all the quality candidates refused to run. OR .. perhaps there simply is no quality candidates (from either party) left to run?

I don't think he'd be better or worse than Obama, frankly, I don't see much a difference between the two of them. Frankly when it comes down to the two of them I'd base my vote (if I were voting for either party, I vote 3rd party)

1. I would never vote for a Mormon.
2. I think Michele Obama makes a better first lady (hey.. I'm an avid gardener too)

Regardless if that is what he truly meant, then he would be saying that he is also not concerned with helping them to better their condition, which is despicable. True, he is vying for the middle class vote because will say anything to get elected.

Otherwise, i agree with you, in general, except for the never voting for a Mormon. I don't care if he is a Mormon, i just loathe what he stands for and his policies.

I do think he'd be worse than Obama (but i also agree they are similar in many ways), because he wants to re-institute the policies that got us into this mess, and policies that would likely not help anyone but the corporations and the rich.

Quality candidates? Nah, not for a LONG time, and even less now that it's even more of an obscene money game, getting elected.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

First I'm not a Romney supporter. Second, I'm more honest than most it seems. I refuse to participate in this kind of stuff which is ruining our election process.

I understood fully what he meant. This is just more political spin (lies through deception). I think most people are intelligent enough to see through this nonsense and hopefully those not to bright people won't vote. That Obama has control of the big 3 is obvious. They may as well hire him now and let him wright the stories for them, if he's not doing it now through his willing stooges.

I base my vote on real stuff rather than media spin. That article is an Obama campaign ad only the network is not honest about it.

The DNC clearly now includes all three major broadcast networks. Why people help them out is beyond me. With his billion dollars, the lavish bus the taxpayers paid for and all the free ads from the networks, its all over; Obama will buy the White House this time.

I'll stick with real issues and people don't need to stoop to this nonsense to find flaws with these clowns. It just takes you to their level which is what they want.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Im just wondering how the racists are going to vote since romney is half mexican, How will the musicians vote since he cant sing, and im not for obama but the boy can sing, just enough to make people think he is confident and cool,,How will the cool people vote for someone who is not ? How will religious minded people accept a mormon as president ? How do poor struggling people react and respect someone who has so much more than they will ever need and hoards it all just to make more and more? How does anyone react to someone with so much money that is too cheap to bild a dog fence and pay a kid to feed it while hes gone, but wants to carry it on the roof for 12 hours just to be seen with a dog like the other presidents ? How will copycat haters react when they see him copy obama singing,Copying others with the dog, copying Ron Pauls policies from the first debate because the crowd cheered, copying the mannequin at Belk,oh Belk wouldnt be expensive enough ,cant think of anywhere nice cause id never want to look that lame and ordinary,,........LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS, VOTE RON PAUL.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bladerunner44

OK everybody calm down just listen to the taped conversation this quote supposedly came from the oringal poster
didn't bother to listen to it. The comment was taken completely out of contect

Did you even read the OP?

Or subsequent posts?

Or do you just read the headline and then comment?

The fact that he does not care about helping them better their condition speaks enough in itself about his character, and that he is only catering to the largest percentage of voters--because he only wants to get elected.

To even say he doesn't care shows enough about his character to make him unfit. He could have kept his mouth shut or phrased it differently.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Pssst, I know the Democrats on ATS won't like this very much, but imo, Romney is just Obama-lite.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

First I'm not a Romney supporter. Second, I'm more honest than most it seems. I refuse to participate in this kind of stuff which is ruining our election process.

I understood fully what he meant. This is just more political spin (lies through deception). I think most people are intelligent enough to see through this nonsense and hopefully those not to bright people won't vote. That Obama has control of the big 3 is obvious. They may as well hire him now and let him wright the stories for them, if he's not doing it now through his willing stooges.

I base my vote on real stuff rather than media spin. That article is an Obama campaign ad only the network is not honest about it.

The DNC clearly now includes all three major broadcast networks. Why people help them out is beyond me. With his billion dollars, the lavish bus the taxpayers paid for and all the free ads from the networks, its all over; Obama will buy the White House this time.

I'll stick with real issues and people don't need to stoop to this nonsense to find flaws with these clowns. It just takes you to their level which is what they want.

But that he even said it speaks enough about his character.

I am concerned with issues, which is why i will likely vote Obama. I too am tired of the political BSing, and usually vote 3rd party, but the last couple of election the republican candidates have scared me so much that i cannot afford to vote anything but democratic. Two sides of the same coin, to be sure, but the social aspects of the democratic agenda i think are immensely important to us as a nation, and many of backwards policies of the republicans we cannot afford.

Of course the media will use any statement and line, but when a candidate says something this arrogant--a candidate that is a multi-millionaire, i think this shows how out of touch and sleazy he is.

What would it say about us as a nation if we elect someone who doesn't care about the poor because they are "taken care of?"

I vote on policy too, but i also base many of my beliefs on ETHICS and character. I hold ethics and character in high regard, especially from a president.

But that's me.

And our election process was executed the day it became about money and the day of the Citizens United ruling.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

Keep hanging in there man!

We need a complete house cleaning in government. There are too many government employees making money on the draconian laws that are passed these days.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Seriously, why on earth does anyone act shocked and dismayed over these things? He is a politician by their very nature they don't give a crap about anyone but themselves and their money backing interests, this is nothing new. When it comes to politicians, especially anyone running for president, I am rather inclined to agree with Douglas Adams! “The major problem—one of the major problems, for there are several—one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.
To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.
To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
Romney "Not Concerned About the Very Poor

Safetly nets that YOU want to GET RID OF!?! To even say such a thing--that he is not concerned about the VERY poor--shows his true despicable nature....

I read the ABC article. Where does Romney say he wants to "get rid of safety nets" for the poor?

Romney never said that.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by beezzer

I just want to hire someone who'll do the damn job and not rape us at the same time.

Oh ya?

Romney's money was made by putting people on the roles of unemployment, so
they don't have jobs and you have to pay for his "success". Romney then turns
around and uses his money to set up more business's that ship jobs to China,
again, you get to pay for it.

enjoy that Beezzer

Romney's campaign slogan should be "Don't hate me because I'm successful." That phrase (or some similar version of it) seems to be what I hear coming out of his mouth more often than anything else.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
There are the free loaders who know how to take advantage of the system. There is a family who lives down the road from us. While I struggle to make money for my family, they are living off the high hog. Don’t ask me how I know. I’ll just say that I have my ways. This is what they have…

1. $1100.00 in food stamps a month for 4 kids (mother pregnant again).
2. Medicaid.
3. HUD housing.
4. Pal grant checks for school loans.
5. 3 different business names under their address. (All fake).
6. $40,000 Lexus with “I love Obama” bumper sticker on back.
7. $50,000 truck with $6,000 wheels and rims.

My older son used to get along with one of the kids from the family. That was until we found out he was dealing drugs.

And WHO is paying for all the above? The middle class! Makes me SICK!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Nice job quoting the ABC news article I read, the problem with that which is also in the article, is that he isn't in touch with the American public. Clearly if you mention the words "I Don't Care" and "Poor" in the same sentence your out of touch and irrational.
edit on 1-2-2012 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ping9
He's right. I was 3 the last time I talked to my father, no idea where he is. Being an only child I grew up in a small house, each floor belonged to a different family. My mother and myself lived on the middle floor and I remember never having anything to eat but peanut butter. I worked my way through college and am starting law school in the fall. I wasn;t given a thing by anyone. When I hear excuses I want to rage because the truth is when I was studying and working you were not so I feel zero empathy.

If only everyone had zero empathy, what a wonderful world this would be. What about the people who are just inherently too stupid or otherwise focked up to make it in college and who have to work a miserable wage slavery job their entire lives because they don't have any natural ability? Congratulations on your admission to law school. My condolences that your life has hardened you to the plight of other sentient beings. Empathy is an important part of the experience of being human.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by Liquesence
Romney "Not Concerned About the Very Poor

Safetly nets that YOU want to GET RID OF!?! To even say such a thing--that he is not concerned about the VERY poor--shows his true despicable nature....

I read the ABC article. Where does Romney say he wants to "get rid of safety nets" for the poor?

Romney never said that.

True, he never explicitly said that; however, in general, republicans, of which he is one, want to get rid of government assistance programs, which are these safety nets. I think it's called the welfare state, and redistribution of wealth, etc.

But, he did say "fix," which i conject is code for eliminate or greatly reduce in substance.

He should have better coded his don't care statement.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join