It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney: "I'm Not Concerned About the Very Poor"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by neo96

My fathers side of his family comes from Mexico so if I hate Romney how does that make me a racist against my own race?

You get to be called a "race traitor". I get it all the time because I don't like Obama.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Liquesence

i don't want a president who 'cares'.
obama cares. been there done that.
don't want a president that is compassionate.
i don't want a president who is charasmatic.

all these things we got with Obama.

It got us trillions in debt, social justice, redistribution of wealth, more government, higher taxes.

I want a SOB for president. A mean bastard who cuts budgets, deficits. Who defends our nation, fixes the highways and makes sure the mail gets delivered.
And that's it!!!

You don't want a president who "cares?" That is a blanket statement that makes NO sense. Please explain.

Personally, i would prefer a compassionate president rather than one who shoots from the hip first and asks questions later, and who is reckless with our foreign policy and troops (not saying Obama isn't, just saying in general). I want a president who cares about the PEOPLE (or at least says he does
) rather than a self-avowed corporate whore who could give two bird splats about the average person. IMO, Romney (most politicians) just tells the middle class what they want to hear (Some might say the same about Obama, i am not arguing that).

The radicalism at the opposite end of the political spectrum (conservative) is what truly scares me if their way is gotten. I'd gladly take four more years of Obama over Newt and Romney. As far as everything else, while Obama might have continued many things of his predecessor, Romney's policies would fix nothing. It's a D-R basketball game going back and forth, always looking for a new outcome.

And now Romney is talking about "change?" Took a play outta Obama's book, did he?
He's just playing to his side of their field, that's all.

Same old crap, same yard, different day.

Romney, your "change" will likely destroy the middle class.

(I do wish the USPS would get some help, my local PO closed deliveries so now all the mail goes to town, ships 20 minutes away to get sorted at the next facility, then goes back out for local delivery.)

ETA:

Capt Jack Sparrow voice: I do want a hug from the POTUS.

edit on 1-2-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

If people are basing that hatred off mass media and internet forums well that makes it sad.

The left played the race card for the last 3 years and looky there people have to defend themselves guess that why they play it so often.

link   

You want a hug from POTUS?
Vote for Obama.

I just want to hire someone who'll do the damn job and not rape us at the same time.

Beezer, I first want to say I respect your honesty - really. I appreciate it and I appreciate comments like this one Mitt made about the poor.

If you give the small about of the very rich more money (corp welfare) why in the world would you assume they would use it to create jobs? They are going to hoard the money because that's what they care about.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I just want to hire someone who'll do the damn job and not rape us at the same time.

Oh ya?

Romney's money was made by putting people on the roles of unemployment, so
they don't have jobs and you have to pay for his "success". Romney then turns
around and uses his money to set up more business's that ship jobs to China,
again, you get to pay for it.

enjoy that Beezzer

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

enjoy that Beezzer

Some people have been at the end of the Whip so long.

When it stops , they miss it.

Don't blame him.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by neo96

NEO this is a great angle!!!

Let's roll with it... just so we can give em a taste of their own medicine... Fight fire with fire..

but also... I wish the class JEALOUSY would stop... if you dont like someone because they make more than you... WORK HARDER

If someone robbed you of your money would you say you were jeolous? Were the slaves jeolous of their masters?

Hard work has NOTHING to do with how much money you make. Neither does results. Look at AGI people. Did they work harder or smarter - nope! They almost (and some say did) destroy the entire nation. Are they "better" than the person who shovels the snow for 10 buck an hour? I would say the guy making 10 is better than those people I had to spend a $100,000 bailing out.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by mastahunta

Romney is no conservative that is laughable Romney is another piaus pompous Obama.

You just said, " ANOTHER RIGHT WING BASHING THREAD"

We are bashing Romney, but you are here defending him, yet,

"Romney is no Conservative..."

Well Neo, what are you doing then buddy, are you confused?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

What the hell is so bad about unemployment?

The get their 99 weeks of free pay

And unions have put people out of work and jobs to China more than Romney ever did and yet if those actions are evil incarnet where is the condemnation of unions.

Oh i know this is a bash the evil right winger thread Romney and give a free pass to the same actions by leftists

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

What am i doing?

Commenting in a bait thread because that's all this is Bash Romney when the other people which have been named do worse and continue to do so.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with principles, convictions or anything of the sort. Its about appealing to the group of people he needs to in order to get elected. This is because thats his current job, getting elected.

He is appealing to the middle class who haven't yet realised they are getting humped by corporate corruption in a fundamentally broken system.

If your filthy rich but need to (distastefully) gather the support of real people you need to reach out to the middle class. You do this by offering tax cuts for the wealthy and scapegoating the poor.

It works because a lot of the middle class mistakenly think they really are wealthy and that its going to benefit them. Who really reads the small print of tax law? You can scapegoat the poor because they won't vote and the middle look down on them and convince themselves the poor are a different breed. They need to do this to avoid acknowledging the fact that with bad luck and a few missed pay cheques they could be joining the poor.

Its the same recipe that the conservative party in the UK used for 2 decades. It works.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Don't tell me that you believe presidents when they say they care!

Look, Romney's not my first choice.

But if it's between Obama and Mittens, then I'm going Romney.

At least he doesn't hide the fact tha he's a bastard!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

You want a hug from POTUS?
Vote for Obama.

Beezer, I first want to say I respect your honesty - really. I appreciate it and I appreciate comments like this one Mitt made about the poor.

If you give the small about of the very rich more money (corp welfare) why in the world would you assume they would use it to create jobs? They are going to hoard the money because that's what they care about.

The rich like money. If they invest, create businesses (hiring people) then they will make more.

Just work off THEIR greed.

link   
reply to post by beezzer

Really do not get their beef here the more people out of work means the more money they get to spend for social programs and the more money they get to steal from the rich.

"bastard"

link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

Oh ya?

Romney's money was made by putting people on the roles of unemployment, so
they don't have jobs and you have to pay for his "success". Romney then turns
around and uses his money to set up more business's that ship jobs to China,
again, you get to pay for it.

enjoy that Beezzer

Show me proof. Please.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by beezzer

Really do not get their beef here the more people out of work means the more money they get to spend for social programs and the more money they get to steal from the rich.

"bastard"

Didn't Pelosi sy that the more people unemployed, the more it helps the economy?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Romney is just another stuffed shirt, outta touch GOP.

If its not RP on the ticket in November.

Obama will probably win by the largest % in US history.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I'm beginning to suspect that Mitt and Romney are actors posing as politicians...there's some blackmail or heavy moneybags changing hands behind the scenes, and these guys are representing those parties because both the party and them are getting favors and lots of cash.

The purpose? So that the nation will HAVE to choose Ron Paul. For some reason, the people behind the strings want Ron Paul to be president, so they've rigged the lineup. And when it's all said and done, the actors will get paid, the parties will get their favors, and Ron Paul will be in control of the country.

I'm not saying that as a fact. I'm just speculating...it's fun to think about.

edit on CWednesdaypm131330f30America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Someone should tell Mitt there is no safety net.
If you have a chronic illness and can’t afford tests, doctor visits and medicine – tough you will die. Oh sure if you are very close to death you can be seen by the ER but they will do so much to keep you alive the next few days.

Ask those children living in homeless shelters if this is an adequate safety net. Tell you what- why doesn't he have his grandchildren live for one week using those wonderful safety nets.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by Question Fate

we live in AMERICA, this is the place where you should be able to make whatever you want to without being criticized for it...

America is a bunch of haters right now... its not a good look

haters? for stating the truth?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join