It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney: "I'm Not Concerned About the Very Poor"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

But Romney is NOT a supporter of the middle class. He is a supporter on the investor class, who are the same people controlling Washington and the army of lobbyists there.

You hit the nail on the head there. Basically the way I see it the majority of votes for Romney will come from the middle class, but all he is doing is selling them dreams.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Good for him for earning money...

I applaud the capitalist mentality.... I'm not jealous AT ALL.

In 2008/09 the banks earned money with a killer business strategy, a whole bunch
in fact...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
OMG, I am so sorry I have nothing more to add after reading this threads OP. What more can be said? I am truly getting scared here. We are facing some of the most intense and trying times from the natural world and then couple that witht he economic outlook, we are truly screwed if this elite makes presidency.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

But Romney is NOT a supporter of the middle class. He is a supporter on the investor class, who are the same people controlling Washington and the army of lobbyists there.

You hit the nail on the head there. Basically the way I see it the majority of votes for Romney will come from the middle class, but all he is doing is selling them dreams.

He is selling them an idea so that his fifth Ave buddies can squeeze even more cash
from the tax base here... We pay for the salaries, we pay for the poverty and we pay
for the failure too. It's one hell of a business strategy.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

It was, because in the same sentence he stated he wasn't concerned with the rich as well for this or that reason

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

An idea that would be most intriguing to the middle class, jobs... Seriously though if people can't see that then I have no remorse for stupidity even if they are fellow Americans. It is going to be a long year.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

i don't want a president who 'cares'.
obama cares. been there done that.
don't want a president that is compassionate.
i don't want a president who is charasmatic.

all these things we got with Obama.

It got us trillions in debt, social justice, redistribution of wealth, more government, higher taxes.

I want a SOB for president. A mean bastard who cuts budgets, deficits. Who defends our nation, fixes the highways and makes sure the mail gets delivered.
And that's it!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I want a SOB for president.

We just had W less than four years ago... You want ANOTHER third generation politicians,
born into the most ELITE of families, who can rig the system to benefit the small group social
hyper Elites, who make their money from the government.

Nice Beezzer, you're thinking now buddy

edit on 1-2-2012 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I can't stand Romeny so tell me all you Romney haters how much have you helped the poor personally?

Romney himself donates millions per year.

Typical Right winger basher thread.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
I can't stand Romeny so tell me all you Romney haters how much have you helped the poor personally?

Romney himself donates millions per year.

Typical Right winger basher thread.

Wait, so Romney is a conservative?

Romney also gets millions in Tax credits, rebates, exemptions
but we don't have to talk about that...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by beezzer

I want a SOB for president.

We just had W less than four years ago... You want ANOTHER third generation politicians,
born into the most ELITE of families, who can rig the system to benefit the small group social
hyper Elites, who make their money from the government.

Nice Beezzer, you're thinking now buddy

edit on 1-2-2012 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

If I wanted you to put words in my mouth I'd U2U my password and you could type as me.

You want a hug from POTUS?
Vote for Obama.

I just want to hire someone who'll do the damn job and not rape us at the same time.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

agreed and I dont want a crazy old Ron Paul in there screwing up our already terrible foreign policy

second line

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Romney is no conservative that is laughable Romney is another piaus pompous Obama.

Want to talk tax credits like the 2 trillion tax credits the middle Clas gets the trillions for social programs that we all know.

This Nation has a 110 trillion debt that can never be paid for "Taking care" "spreading the wealth" which irks the hell out of me that people have it so bad things could be a hell of a lot worse.

In 70 years people are still poor and the left hasn't eradicated being poor but created millions more.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Is it the same safety net that those losers are saying we have to cut spending on? Or maybe he means the food kitchens, shelters, halfway houses etc, are the safety net. Maybe he'll just wait til a couple of thousand people die of starvation, come out with a plan to fix the net again. All politicians are liars and dupes.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Why this comment from Romeny should piss you off:

While he is saying "I'm Not Concerned About the Very Poor, they have a safety net" (yeah, food stamps), his cohorts on Wall Street are throwing themselves a wild bacchanal, partying to their fortune and mocking the dirty, grubby, poor people.

Inside the Bacchanalian Wall Street Fraternity Party of Billionaire Bankers and Hedge Fund Predators

The whole affair’s reminiscent of the wingdings the robber barons used to throw during America’s own Gilded Age a century and a half ago, when great wealth amassed at the top, far from the squalor and misery of working stiffs.

This is who Mitt Romney is; a corporate raider who extracted his wealth on the backs of the working poor, driving good companies out of business with leveraged buyouts.

The GOP is so out of touch with reality.

Please, please make a thread about this party. ( I would but I don't want to steal what you found and no one seems to respond to my threads).

This "party" had the new people dress up as poor and the older members mocked them. Nice. These are how rich people REALLY are. They don't want things to get better for everyone - just better for them.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

I dont want a crazy old Ron Paul in there screwing up our already terrible foreign policy

???? I honestly don't get what you mean by that. How would Ron Paul screw up our foreign policy if it's already terrible? If anything Ron Paul wants to unscrew our Foreign policy so we are taking care of business nationally, not internationally.
edit on 1-2-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Since Romney father is from Mexico i am going to play the race card.

Romney haters are RACISTS!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

NEO this is a great angle!!!

Let's roll with it... just so we can give em a taste of their own medicine... Fight fire with fire..

but also... I wish the class JEALOUSY would stop... if you dont like someone because they make more than you... WORK HARDER

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Since Romney father is from Mexico i am going to play the race card.

Romney haters are RACISTS!!!!!!!

What can ya do, Neo.

Haters gonna hate!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

My fathers side of his family comes from Mexico so if I hate Romney how does that make me a racist against my own race?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join