It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney: "I'm Not Concerned About the Very Poor"

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

This, IMO, is the main reason Obama will get reelected...sheer charisma. No matter if you like the man or not its hard to deny that he has boat loads of it.

Mitt "Pimpdaddy" Romney is painfully lacking in that area, to put it as nicely as I can.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by baalbuster

Mitt "Pimpdaddy" Romney is painfully lacking in that area, to put it as nicely as I can.

Moneybags Romney is the stiffest, most robotic white guy in the history of stiff robotic white guys....and I say this as a white guy.

His constant fake smile, his blatant overuse of "america the beautiful"...reciting and singing it...etc....the guy doesn't seem sincere in anything he says....until he actually slips up and gets off his scripted rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by baalbuster
reply to post by undo

This, IMO, is the main reason Obama will get reelected...sheer charisma. No matter if you like the man or not its hard to deny that he has boat loads of it.

the cheesy grin after the ladies all started screaming and clapping, was what made me chuckle. he's such a schmooze.
but he could still sell me that voice. i wanted to hear him finish the song!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

lol true that man...Romney's pic would be in the dictionary next to "politician". He fits the mold perfectly in all ways.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Indeed, man knows he's got swagger and he wields it as a weapon.

I got to go to a campaign stop of his during the '08 campaign and he was in similar fashion there as well, playing the crowd like a maestro.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

Indeed, man knows he's got swagger and he wields it as a weapon.

I got to go to a campaign stop of his during the '08 campaign and he was in similar fashion there as well, playing the crowd like a maestro.

i wouldn't vote for someone based solely on charisma, but i'd buy his music . no doubt about that!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Not at all but it does make it easier to vote for him and makes him appear less full of crap then he actually is.

Reminds me of this:

youtu.be...
edit on 2-2-2012 by baalbuster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

This is a pretty awesome post on Romney....sums up why he should never be president!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

Not at all but it does make it easier to vote for him and makes him appear less full of crap then he actually is.

Reminds me of this:

youtu.be...
edit on 2-2-2012 by baalbuster because: (no reason given)

"No wonder your president has to be an actor, he's gotta look good on television. " - Doc Emmet Brown, Back to the Future.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

This is one of the reasons Bush got reelected. People may have hated his policy but as far as a person he came across as being rather likable. In comparison to Kerry who came across as stiff and boorish. It is just really hard to sell that kind of man to the American people. Charisma has a powerful effect Regan had it, Clinton had it and Bush 2 had it.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
The very poor have medicaid, section 8 housing, food stamps and many other programs, They have not been affected by the recession
What do the very poor contribute to society anyway? Nothing, they are a worthless group,

WOW

Looks like Mitt started a ATS account (quote above) to see what people are thinking.

Oddly enough they got plenty of stars for that opinion, so looks like they are not alone. Why help those that won't help themselves. I could just as easily be on welfare and live in the poorest pocket of society. It is a choice people make. Cry about how bad you got it, or do something about it. I do not blame anyone for saying that they want to help the people who are trying to do something with their lives and don't care about the ones who make excuses and don't do anything to help themselves. Most of the poorest people in this country are their by their own choosing. Not all of them, but the vast majority are. That is the true freedom we have, the choice to be sit and cry and be dependent or do something about it.

The world does not owe you a living, it was here first. - Mark Twain

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper0351

This is what the entire GOP field wants to do. It doesn't take much too figure this out. We know the things they don't want. China subsidizes most if not all of their companies, if a factory needs to expand to get the business the Government gives them money to expand it. If a company needs to violate labor laws to make a deadline, the Government looks the other way. If a company needs to displace people to expand the Government displaces them and gives them dormitories and new jobs at the company. The only way you can compete with this is to gut organized labor, and abolish minimum wage so you can drive labor costs down.

It doesn't take much to figure out if you campaign on a platform of lower taxes that the plan isn't to subsidize manufacturing revitalization. This is why the GOP pushes Right to Work once you take away the union threat the pay scale becomes a race to the bottom. Make people desperate enough for work and they will forget about things like benefits and good working conditions. They make a big fuss about the Nanny state but what they have done is setup a system where a foreign Government plays wet nurse to them, so they could put the working class in it's place.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This guy might as well live on the Moon. Perhaps Newt can put a colony there for him.

Good thing poor people are just fine the way they are. A guy like Romney might be concerned with them if weren't alright.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

so 1% of people use the system fraudulently....so we should scrap the system altogether. Let's let the 99% of those on foodstamps who actually NEED them suffer, aka starve to death.
I can guarantee you that more than 1% of rich people use the system fraudulently....

I would never advocate that. I don't like fraud in the system. It really does boggle my mind on how they can take advantage of the system so much, and how much they can fraudulently obtain from the system. While the honest people get the short end of the stick. If I tried it, I would probablly be caught and thrown in jail. I won't know where to begin.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Romney's clearly a sociopath who has absolutely ZERO interest in the American people.

What he does have interest in is expanding his corporate friends pockets, and becoming president is a personal goal he wants to achieve, plus it will look good on his resume...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Now here is a GREAT example of taking one little snippet of a larger discussion completly out of context (you should get a job with MSNBC, you would fit right in). I'm certainly no fan of Romney, he is just another big government, establishment yes man... however, he was talking about the main focus of his campaign. He said that his campaign was primarily focused on the middle class, because they are hurting the most. He said he isn't focused on the rich, because they are fine, and he isn't focused on the poor because they have the government safety net in place to help them, but if there are holes in that net that he would work to improve and fix them. There are no nets for the middle class, which is why he is primarily focused on them. Having said all of that, regardless of the context, which you clearly got wrong in this thread, he shouldn't have said what he said. I do not like Romney at all, but I find it necessary to point out idiocy like this thread when I come across it.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Couldn't believe this when I first read it...think it's something everyone should take a look at.

Romney supports automatic Federal Minimum Wage Increases

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Hmmm .. increase the minimum wage to keep pace with inflation but in turn causes inflation by increasing the minimum wage. Of course it's offset slightly by the fact that the Federal Government lies about inflation to begin with..

If we set inflationary wage increases for the poor .. why not for the middle class? I'd love a 5% raise every year.. I've never gotten a raise over $.25 .. usually I have to move firms for a raise. My wife, man, she's got it made, she gets an inflationary wage increase every year, I love it.. almost makes me like Unions. Almost.

PS: I'm not being sarcastic.. I'm seriously wondering why the poor get wage increases and the middle class does not? Many states, including where I live, have inflationary wage increases for the minimum wage.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Well that's an argument for another day....I just can't believe he proposed it in the first place...or the fact that no one seems to be talking about it...I haven't watched the news today...so it may be a story...but this is certainly the first I've heard of it.

If Obama had proposed this....it would be all over the place.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
HE's successful and wealthy because he took American companies and jobs
and destroyed them for his own personal gain. Was all of it unethical, probably
not, but I am not sure how electing a corporate hit man will help America
with its problems with corporatism and oligarchy...

Well said...
Both Romney and Trump are cut from the same ruthless and GREEDY cloth... both bought and or stated companies, some weak, raped them, then BKd the losers and skipped away smiling counting millions...
Capitalism is one thing, ruthless, indifferent greed is another...

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join