It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney: "I'm Not Concerned About the Very Poor"

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by Eurisko2012

My friend, Love him or hate him , Obama can sell snow to Eskimos.

Romney speaks and you wanna hate him, you don't know why, but you do.

Obama could tell the Gen Pop that he will bring rainbows and unicorns, and they will believe him.

I personally want RP, But I will vote Obama over Romney.

he could sell me CDs, err DVDs! the guy can sing.

edit on 2-2-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by undo

This focus on wealth and class warfare has got to stop!
reply to post by beezzer

agreed. the problem isn't who has money. the problem is who doesn't have money. we don't solve that by resolving to make the other guy poor but rather to make the poor not poor.

The poor are going to have to stop relying on government. Period.

When you rely on gvernment, then government gets to write the rules, control the narritive, and take away freedom.

problem is, the government shipped off all the jobs, so who do the poor rely on now my friend?
next target is YOU. and by that i don't mean social programs i mean everything you own, including your life.
this is not a joke. if they pull the safety nets with no other way to earn money, survival of the fittest will kick in with a fury

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Who knows, maybe Gingrich can pull out ahead in Nevada this saturday.

The important date this week is February 9, 2012.

That's the deadline for Holder to hand over 74,000 documents or be held in

contempt of congress.. $100,000 fine and a scandal wrapped around his neck.

They discussed it on The Factor w/ Bill O'Reilly last night.

--------
Romney shot himself in the foot but Obama is also in trouble.

This will be an unconventional election year.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Well sir , when you pull out O'Reilly, its time to leave.

Gonna go jump in a UFO thread, there is more facts there.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

This is why Romney is in trouble.

Charles Krauthammer speaks the truth.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Well sir , when you pull out O'Reilly, its time to leave.

Gonna go jump in a UFO thread, there is more facts there.

Sorry you have a closed mind on an important topic.

O'Reilly discussed the Fast & Furious Scandal with 2 lawyers.

One was a democrat and the other was a republican.

They all agreed. Eric Holder is in big trouble.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

The reason for not caring about the poor is because we are money. If we did not exist they would have to work for themselves. They would have to farm. They would be boxboys. They would work. Instead they get paid to talk. They get paid to talk to gullible beings who have no idea that they are paying them to tell us what to do. Paradox? No. Absolute stupidity? Yes.
edit on 2/2/2012 by pa.Frost because: Grammar

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

i wonder if he's okay. he was having a hard time breathing. : /
poor guy.

out of curiosity, who do you support, eurisko?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

i wonder if he's okay. he was having a hard time breathing. : /
poor guy.

out of curiosity, who do you support, eurisko?

Oddly, i see an unconventional election year this year.

I see Obama taking a really long walk and Hillary will run for the DNC.
VP= John Kerry

When that happens the GOP/Tea Party will pull a rabbit out of their hat also.

Gov. Sarah Palin / VP Newt

Time will tell how close i am.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pa.Frost

Actually the reason to not worrying about the poor is they don't have enough money to worry about taking it. It is the middle class that should be worried here. Every time he says competitive with China and India he means, finding ways to cut your paycheck. That was the whole plan all along with opening up cheap labor markets. To undercut the American worker, push them in the gutter so that they could go back to the practices they had in the early 1900's and the workers would be grateful.

None of the GOP candidates nor Obama are willing to do the things needed to revive the middle class. Obama got up a week ago and laid out some nice ideas, but few of them will ever see the light of day. And one has to really wonder about his sincerity on any of them. They may pass the Buffett rule and the anti-insider trading law, but then will think that will satisfy the people enough to win reelection and be done with it. If the President had been like this from day one, I wouldn't question his sincerity but really at this point it's just a dog and pony show to get reelected.

I have yet to see any of these guys interested in doing things in the people's interests.The tax code needs a severe overhaul. There is no sane reason the wealthy should be paying a lower rate than an average person. There is also no reason for people to be getting back more than they paid in to begin with. If you want to say ok your struggling and we will reduce your liability to zero that is one thing. It is theft to say well your struggling so were gonna not only reduce your liability but cut you a check for a shopping spree because you are breathing and breeding. That money can be better used to providing assistance in other more meaningful ways. All that were doing now is feeding consumerism with the way it is.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

I like your name. Very descriptive. Attitudes of hatred and negativity ARE the cancer to society.

Not all the the 'very poor' are there because of choice, or lack thereof. For example, is Paris Hilton rich because of choices she made or from very beneficial circumstances? Do you know that there are children who are starving everyday, even with those so called 'safety nets'? There are people whit no place of their own to live, not out of choice, but out of circumstances.

While I can't say your views are racist, they are just as equivalent. You look at a group of people you don't fully understand and make generalized statements about how bad they are. How about researching and understanding why some of these people are where they are instead of just hating them for their circumstances.

Now, having said all that, there are some people who make a decision to live on welfare and other subsidies. While I don't care to support these individuals, I would rather help everyone than let a few 'slip through the cracks'.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

You're wrong, Ron Paul cares, and has not been bought off like the entirety of our political system. Do your research, and I'm sorry for your situation. My family is hanging on by a thread too, so I understand.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by Cosmic911

Can I ask why people "think" this is taken out of context this is the problem with Americans in general. If you'd like to "know" that it wasn't do some freaking research and by the way the OP has the original quote, word for word, not taken out of context. The point is regardless how you feel about this that that as a politician you should NEVER and I mean NEVER mention the words "I don't care" and "poor people" in the same thought. The point is that Romeny is out of touch, not that we don't need to look at how welfare is being spent, Obama is pretty much for that same thing, the point is he clearly doesn't understand the average Americans attention span and has no idea what can of worms he just opened up. Clearly you are also apart of the American attention span phenomia because you'd rather just say something instead of looking it up.
edit on 1-2-2012 by NoJoker13 because: spelling

Whose this Romeny character? Is he running for president?

(you should have continued your edit a little further before posting. Now you're just ironic and silly :lol

edit on 2-2-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Actually being the conservative that I am, his comment if meant to mean that he would not get rid of the social spending and free handouts and basically keep the Obama foodstamp drive alive and well then this seriously concerns me.

My vote goes to Newt G. Now...hell it went to him when Soros put his stamp of approval on Romney and then Trump just endorsed Romney...

Come on Newt you must have a game plan to beat this moderate liberal...

Sniper

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Further Newt has an awesome video/soundbite to thrash Mitt with now...: )

Sniper

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

I am a 2%er but if cutting the middle class pay to be competitive with China is his way of being competitive than he is going to be a disaster for this country. Ahhh I wish Herman Cain was still in the running, a Newt/Cain ticket would be good and fun to watch...I see them as being a very productive duo

...unlike the half black and his retard VP running around screwing everything up...

Sniper...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
reply to post by ping9

Before everything feel apart my husband and I would sometimes work 50-60 hours a week. I got an education the only thing its doing for me these days is making me over qualified for the crappy jobs I am willing to take but cant get hired for because I am over educated and over qualified. The only work we have been able to find is temporary work, paying sometimes $10 or more, less than I used to make. I am willing to and have tried to go to some of the day labor places to even dig ditches to pay the bills but there are too many "qualified" people and not enough work.

Politicians will spend trillions of dollars getting elected this year. Really think they care about anyone but their big contributors? Politicians no matter what party have been bought and sold before they ever get elected. I have no illusions that ANY of the candidates running care about me or anyone like me. The whole thing is a sick sad joke.

It is a very sad situation we got thats for sure..whats worse is none of us yet is willing to bleed to make it change, we have become complacent damn near to apathy towards this system thanks to rampant materialism occupying our thoughts instead of thoughts of bettering our own country. No amount of hugs, butterflies, and good vibrations will stop these guys from doing what they've been doing for generations. "You can not win a revolution with silk gloves"

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

You're wrong, Ron Paul cares, and has not been bought off like the entirety of our political system. Do your research, and I'm sorry for your situation. My family is hanging on by a thread too, so I understand.

And this is exactly why the GOP establishment will never let him anywhere near the nomination, the way the media treats him in interviews and the little time they give him at debates is a testament to that.
edit on 2-2-2012 by baalbuster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Funny thing...right as I was leaving work today....i made a joke to my co-workers.

I said, "well, i'm feeling pretty good right now as I just made 60,000 dollars today. Oops...wait a minute...I had myself confused with Mitt Romney." Not only that, I actually worked...he doesn't do JACK...just sits and collects the checks....and he's only paying 15 percent tax on that money (and who knows if he's actually paying taxes on all of it with so much of it likely hidden in offshore accounts)....money he basically does nothing to earn in the first damned place!!!!

Ever wonder if Mitt Romney lays awake at night...possibly feeling any kind of guilt for his massive salary while he screwed over so many?

I bet he doesn't.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Everyone is arguing a moot point in this thread. If you want to get to the nuts and bolts, with a fiat currency, we truly are equal in the event of a total market collapse. In other words, you may as well have bought your cars, homes, I-pods, whatever with Monopoly money! When the SHTF thing takes place, they will be comming in droves to repossess everything you have. Our "cash" is now credit and when you have nothing of value to back it, then they have to take real items of value to solve your inability to cover your lack of payment!

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join