It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney: "I'm Not Concerned About the Very Poor"

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
How can you people defend Romney , when as a Pres Candidate, he claims to have faith in the US.

And the Majority of his fortune is parked in the Caymens.

Do any of you have money to park in the Caymens???

No wonder he is so Dis-connected.

What Romney did was not illegal.

What's the big deal?

I may get a Swiss bank account before I leave Europe. (Just to have one
)

This focus on wealth and class warfare has got to stop!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

How can you people defend Romney , when as a Pres Candidate, he claims to have faith in the US.

Yes, Romney has 8 bank accounts on Grand Cayman Island.

I think i can see the David Axelrod clip from Wall Street already.

Michael Douglas/Gordon Gekko " Use the off shore accounts and keep it quiet."

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahmonrarh

Originally posted by neo96
I can't stand Romeny so tell me all you Romney haters how much have you helped the poor personally?

Romney himself donates millions per year.

Typical Right winger basher thread.

As far as i've understood it, Arent charitable donations able to be written off? Because if so, he may donate millions, but it all comes back.....

But what have I done personally?

I used to see this woman walking with huge bags of groceries, about once every 2weeks, on my way home from work, along a main drag. when i first noticed her, I'd always be in the left lane, heavy traffic. The thing is, as traffic patterns vary, I'd always end up on the same street within a 45min window, so I'd see her at some point on the road. well the last time I seen her, I was surprised to see that she walked down the main drag, past all the bus stops and where the official bus line ended.

Though I was late for something, i made 2 u-turns(I always got stuck in the left lane), went back and gave her a lift. She thanked me, I accepted and made small talk on the way to drop her off. Surprisingly, This woman lived 11 miles from the store that she walked from!! she had 2 kids, single, working and walked 6 miles to the nearest bus stop, then shopped, reversing the process in return. Shocked that she lived past where i live by a longshot, when dropping her off, we exchanged numbers and I told her, just give me a call whenever you're shopping at the store and i'll make sure you get home, which she thanked me and agreed to, but I already had other plans...

When we parted ways and I went to my event(late) then back home, I stood in my garage and took inventory.
Daily driver, project vehicle, wifes car, "just in case" vehicle...Do 2 people REALLY need 4 PAID OFF cars? nope. I told my wife what happened and what I planned on doing, and she agreed, which surprised me!

I made sure Ms. lady got back from the store bi-weekly for a month, and the next time she called, I was in the "Just in case" vehicle heading home from work. Anticipating her eventual call, I made sure the car title was in the car and it was in good mechanical order. I picked her up, chatted as we usually did as I drove, then drove to my house. She was nervous as hell when i detoured off the path to her house, correcting me (left here, etc.).
Arriving at my house, I thanked HER for the ride, instructing her that the title was in the glove box and after she signed a BILL of SALE(of course, she did all the emotional displays one would), and met the wife, I went inside.

Either way, she remained in contact for about 2yrs, called us on a regular basis and was basically extremely happy. The car was affordable(taxes, mechanically) and helped her get a boost towards helping her in her life, as she explained, that one display gave her a huge boost and a break when she needed it.

And thats what counts. anyone can throw Blanket money at a charity, but real charity, to me, comes from making a positive effect on a ONE-2-ONE basis.

Great story. It would be nice if more people were as generous as you were/are.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Here is the former GOP Pres. talking to his TRUE base.
These people are the same at a Romney fundraiser, I think I saw you in the crowd Bezz.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

What Romney did was not illegal.

What's the big deal?

I may get a Swiss bank account before I leave Europe. (Just to have one
)

Yes but the optics look terrible.

It makes him look so disconnected with the Joe 6 pack crowd.

You should have seen them on MSNBC this morning. It was like Christmas!

They will milk this for all that its worth.

Romney will be on defense for the rest of the year.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

Originally posted by AuranVector
Not only was Mitt Governor of Massachusetts, but he has a JD/MBA from Harvard. A JD/MBA is considered excellent preparation for becoming an investment banker or a venture capitalist. Romney understands how money & businesses work.

Obama has a law degree from Harvard, but prior to his 2008 election, no business experience, no military experience, no executive experience. What was he? A community organizer. Obama has about as much substance as a cardboard cut-out.

Obama has experience with the average person. He knows their needs and how things really work. He understand $300,000 isn't just a little money.

So you want the US to be run as an investment? Let's see - if we stop investigating child kidnappings we could save millions per year. After all, the missing child probably wouldn't contribute more than that in their life time?
Provide medical care to the elderly - that would be wasting resources on a fully depreciated asset.

I've worked for mega corps - I can tell you the these people have NO experience creating jobs. Repeat MAKING MONEY DOES NOT EQUAL CREATING JOBS.

What creates job is consumer demand.

And it's Obama understands it's the consumers (i.e for you Romney supporters "the little people") who make the jobs once they receive money. And Romney has no experience with the non-elite.

Then why did Obama bailout wall street instead of main street? See, Obama, like all politicians, is a trojan horse. He says all the right things to make you BELIEVE he's for the common man, but you have to look at his actions. And one year only "making work pay" tax credits (that Republicans also voted for) or payroll tax holidays don't count. Those actions are political ploys.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

agreed. the problem isn't who has money. the problem is who doesn't have money. we don't solve that by resolving to make the other guy poor but rather to make the poor not poor.
edit on 2-2-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Well if he has got nothing to be concerned about, he will have nothing to worry about when God returns then will he. Hope you're not telling porkies here mind. Woop woop goes the hand of God over the backsides of those who have not lived the way in which he intended.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Yes, I was there.
Wearing the powder blue tux!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

To the devil with them!
I know Romney ain't your guy, but we need to go on the offensive and stop the left from controling the narritive.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I know Romney ain't your guy, but we need to go on the offensive and stop the left from controling the narritive.

Its easy to Stop this , Tell Romney to shut up.

The more he speaks, the more Obama sings.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

reply to post by beezzer

agreed. the problem isn't who has money. the problem is who doesn't have money. we don't solve that by resolving to make the other guy poor but rather to make the poor not poor.

The poor are going to have to stop relying on government. Period.

When you rely on gvernment, then government gets to write the rules, control the narritive, and take away freedom.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Here is the former GOP Pres. talking to his TRUE base.
These people are the same at a Romney fundraiser, I think I saw you in the crowd Bezz.

now you know those people are not that stupid. that's a come on, a challenge, a please go crazy and riot in the streets and burn down that rich guy's house across the way, temptation. so when the dust clears, only me and mine will own all the wealth and you will have only yourselves to blame for being jealous of what me and mine have. they are BEGGING people to be angry at all rich white people. or just anybody that has more than a run down shack. this is why they are the predators and everyone else is the prey. manipulation of that magnitude is a fine demonstration of a survival of the fittest philosophy and they are using it against everyone else.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Its easy to Stop this , Tell Romney to shut up.

The more he speaks, the more Obama sings.

The left wil just make stuff up regardless.
It's the nature of the beast.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

When you rely on gvernment, then government gets to write the rules, control the narritive, and take away freedom.

if you truly felt that way you'd be a ron paul supporter.
are you?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

To the devil with them!

Well, good luck with that!

Remember how Romney carpet bombed Newt in Florida with negative ads?

Just imagine the $1 billion DNC war chest carpet bombing Mitt Romney/Gordon Gekko

all year long!

The good news is the latest news to hit the public.

The January 31 CBO report forecasts that the unemployment rate will be 8.9% on

election day. No president has ever been re-elected will number like that since FDR.

The Fast & Furious Scandal only makes things worse for Obama.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

reply to post by Tw0Sides

Yes, I was there.
Wearing the powder blue tux!

LOL
Hadda star this.
Lets keep it civil and funny.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

My friend, Love him or hate him , Obama can sell snow to Eskimos.

Romney speaks and you wanna hate him, you don't know why, but you do.

Obama could tell the Gen Pop that he will bring rainbows and unicorns, and they will believe him.

I personally want RP, But I will vote Obama over Romney.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

if you truly felt that way you'd be a ron paul supporter.
are you?

I like Paul, but his foreign policy I couldn't get over.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Who knows, maybe Gingrich can pull out ahead in Nevada this saturday.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join