It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Did God Create Man?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
What would be the purpose for god to create man?

Would it be for god to see himself? Looking back through history, man has built up civilizations, achieved knowledge and technology but for what? What does all this mean to god, he could of built all this himself if this is what he wanted to look at. Man cannot give god what he already has, assuming he is complete. Why place men on Earth and expect them to find the correct path on their own when they are blind?

What is god's reasoning for creating us?

I'm interested to see your comments on this matter.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
So he could watch football on Sunday's.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
No one consciously created us, that's just ridiculous.

However you have raised a good point, why did this 'so called' God create a race that destroys each other and the planet they live on? What's the point in that?? Oh yeah, there is no God - That would explain it.

edit on 1-2-2012 by Ozvaldo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

I think God was bored, so he created animals.

He got bored with them, so he created man.

I wonder if he is bored with us yet?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

You mean why did Aliens create man right? If you do your research, you will find there is more ancient stories and historical artifacts pointing to the creators being an alien race rather than a god. Examples like the sumerian texts, original hebrew bible(literal translation), mayan/hopi legends/prophecies, etc.

Not to mention the excellent Ancient Aliens series.

edit on 1-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I could ask you "Why did man create God?"

I think if any being did "create" us it would have been to use as slaves to meet their own desires. I doubt anything would create beings as versatile and intelligent (on this planet) as humans without some sort of slave labour use in mind.
Why did IT create anything at all?

Peace

PW

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
For entertainment purposes, it gets boring being all super powerful.

edit on 1-2-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalWisdom
I could ask you "Why did man create God?"

I think if any being did "create" us it would have been to use as slaves to meet their own desires. I doubt anything would create beings as versatile and intelligent (on this planet) as humans without some sort of slave labour use in mind.
Why did IT create anything at all?

Peace

PW

Your idea reminds me very much of the book series "Area 51" by Robert Mayer under the pseudonym Robert Doherty.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Link to content

Def Leppard summed it up regarding "Women"

"Women" Lyrics

In the beginning
God made the land
Then He made the water and creatures, then He made man

He was born with a passion, love and hate
A restless spirit with a need for a mate
But there was somethin' that was missin', somethin' lost
So he came with the answer, here's what it cost

One part love, one part wild
One part lady, one part child
I give you

Women! women! - Lots of pretty women
Men! men! - They can't live without them
Women! women! - Lots of pretty women
Men! men! - They can't live without them

And in the garden, lust began
The animal instinct, the wanton man
She fed him with a hunger, an appetite
And fillin' with emotion he took a bite

It was one part love, one part child
One part lover, one part wild
I give you

(Repeat Chorus)

Skin on skin
Let the love begin
Women!

It was one part love, one part wild
One part lover, one part child
A whole lotta fire, a little bit of ice
A whole lotta somethin' you can't sacrifice
I give you

Hair, eyes, skin on skin
Legs - Legs
Thighs - Thighs

What's that spell?
(Spell? what's that spell?)
(What's that spell?)
What's that spell?
(What's that spell?)
(Women, women)
Oh! oh! oh!
Oh! oh! oh!

Women - Women
Women
Callin' every girl
Women women
All around the world
Women - Women!
Women
Oh, we can't live without them
Women women

edit on 1-2-2012 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
To replace the fallen angels cast out of heaven ...

edit on 1-2-2012 by followtheevidence because: stupid homophones

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
From Islamic point of view: so that Homo sapiens can discover him and pray to him.

The question is how to find out he exists in the first place? well this is a question go as far as human history go.

There are 1000s of pointers pointing to him and to his power; this subject is really big and can take 10000s of A4 pages just to explain every single pointer in details. I am going to give you only few examples with few words for the sake of this thread.

Speaking of pointers, God stated that he created the universe from "nothing" (Scientifically proven). God stated that there are 7 Skies. In Islam Sky means "universe" which is the term now used in our modern language. God stated that he created Adam as the 8th version. if you look at the evolution theory it does prove this concept but we don't believe we came from Monkeys, we believe we existed as the 8th version after the 7th versions got wiped out.
God stated that he has created the universes and he is going to expand it until the day (final day) come and shrink it back again to the original point of creation (we call it Folding of the universes or Skies). Also God stated his knowledge goes as far as the Skies goes, we believe God is infinite means that the skies are infinite in size.
God also said in his holy book there is nothing that he created in this life or in the afterlife that looks like him. So we can't say god has hands, or legs or eyes or he has a body or how big he is or how tall or wide he is, God said the human brain can't handle "how to imagin me" because I am outside his imagination and I don't look like my creation. So God in Islamic point of view is not a thing or made up from atoms or sub atomic particles..etc

no body knows what he is, not even the prophets who spoke to him for exmaple Moses, and Mohamad.

The above are just simple pointers to understand if God exist or not. Its hard to accept this I know, because we live in a world where we only like materialistic things. We forgot that there is a world the human eyes can't see.

Any way, thanks for ready.
SamHamYafithYam

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ozvaldo

I agree ! But let's go one step further , Christians , Muslims , Jews are very arrogant to believe that an all powerful god who created the universe , galaxies , stars , planets , would bother creating something so insignificant as mankind ? And expect him to stick around and listen to their stupid prayers and demands ? A little bit ridiculous when you really think about it !

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
reply to post by Ozvaldo

I agree ! But let's go one step further , Christians , Muslims , Jews are very arrogant to believe that an all powerful god who created the universe , galaxies , stars , planets , would bother creating something so insignificant as mankind ? And expect him to stick around and listen to their stupid prayers and demands ? A little bit ridiculous when you really think about it !

Even insignificant creatures can be loved

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Dont you mean...."why did man create god?"

The answer is simple....control

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
God did not create man, man created god.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ralphy
What would be the purpose for god to create man?

Would it be for god to see himself? Looking back through history, man has built up civilizations, achieved knowledge and technology but for what? What does all this mean to god, he could of built all this himself if this is what he wanted to look at. Man cannot give god what he already has, assuming he is complete. Why place men on Earth and expect them to find the correct path on their own when they are blind?

What is god's reasoning for creating us?

I'm interested to see your comments on this matter.

According to the Ra Material, mankind was created in order for the Infinite Creator (God) to explore the possibility of free will. It split a very very tiny piece of itself off and gave it personality and character, thus creating mankind. It's an experiment of sorts...by that explanation.

Of course, I don't entirely follow that theory. It's too uncertain, too questionable to be taken for granted. Thus, I am still looking for my own answer. I just thought this theory was worth mentioning.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
God did not create man, man created god.

I both agree and disagree. God created man, man defined God.

In other words, we don't know who God is...not for certain. So while God formed man, man has created a new God by inaccurately defining the existing one. People pretty much worship God's reflection, their interpretation, the God in their minds...not God Him/Her/Itself.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Humans use roughly 10% of our brain. So for us to understand GOD's reasons or plans is unfathomable to us. We will never understand until we reach heaven or hell. I don't think we are meant to understand. I think life is a test to see if we are worthy for heaven.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
After much thought on this, I tend to believe the "ancient aliens" theory. Aliens took the rudimentary primates they found here and did a little DNA mixing to come up with us.

If you look at man, you cannot help but notice that he is a stranger in a strange land. We need a lot of intervention in order to survive. We cannot be like the animals, who are equipped for their environment. We have to build shelters, wear clothes (at times), and use tools to catch what we want to eat. Our young are born completely helpless and remain that way for many years. If a human female were to carry a baby until it was able to be semi-independent the head would be too large to pass through the birth canal, so we have to birth them incredibly young.

Aside from our presence in a place that we have to manipulate in order to survive, then there is the issue of every indigenous culture claiming a God or Gods from the sky.

Humans have some traits which no other animals have, and we all have the urge to worship something, or someone, from the heavens.

I feel that we are a genetic experiment in progress, and "they" come to check on us from time to time, like zoologists who visit wild animal colonies and try to be invisible as they study them. Some are chipped and tracked.

We are, in some cases, evolving mentally and spiritually, becoming more alien to this planet. In other cases, the beast part takes over.

This is the explanation that makes the most sense to me. An omnipotent God wouldn't be very omnipotent if He made humans to seek him out and worship him, that seems like a very base, human trait to me. I do believe in a spiritual realm but I believe it to be different than what they tell us in church.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by Ralphy

You mean why did Aliens create man right? If you do your research, you will find there is more ancient stories and historical artifacts pointing to the creators being an alien race rather than a god. Examples like the sumerian texts, original hebrew bible(literal translation), mayan/hopi legends/prophecies, etc.

Not to mention the excellent Ancient Aliens series.

edit on 1-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

So what created them...?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join