It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help from members..!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
As you can see almost everybody on this site has a really entertaining Avatar. I only have my work computer when i'm here, otherwise I use my HTC Hero for browsing the internet. Is there any member that can help me post a Avatar.

I have the picture saved to my work computers desktop, but it says my Uploading is Disabled on ATS. Could I Email someone the picture and get a little help? It would be much appreciated, and I thank you ahead of time for any help you may offer.

--Jeenyus

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jeenyus2008

You're trying to use the old upload site which was disabled when the new one came online.

To access the new one click TOOLS+ on the userbar on the top right and a new bar will appear under it. On the far right, in green is ATS UPLOADS. Click on that and it will take you to the new upload site.

Once there, all you have to do is click on SELECT IMAGE FILE on the left hand side and choose what pic you want from the stuff saved on your computer. Make sure the image is the right size before posting (the size limits are right there on the left side in the new uploads page).

After you have uploaded the pic, click on it and right below the pic is the option AVATAR. Click on that and it will take you to your profile page with the code already loaded and ready to go. Then all you have to do is hit SUBMIT and your avatar should be up and running.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Thank you sir.
I will be trying that now, I appreciate it.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

There's no need to exchange your email address with anyone, just go to this page here: ATS Uploads

..Which you can find here in Tools.

Then to upload an image just click where It's circled below (this being a screenshot of my own uploads page:

Once you've uploaded an image click on it again and you'll be taken to a page similar to this, then click on where I've circled:

Once you've clicked that link you'll be taken to your tools page where you just have to click submit where It's circled again.

And then you have an avatar.

Edit: And I'm too late.

I'll leave it as it is though, it might be helpful to someone else still.
edit on 1-2-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Gorgeous dog! (I see you got it! Good job!)

Looks like your pic is too big. Try this one:

edit on 2/1/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Ha ha you really dumbed that down for me, and it suprisingly helped a lot. I got it figured out now thank you for the walk-through. I guess that ends this thread.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thank you, but I did crop it and now its working. Yeah i'm only 21 and he's 3 now. He's my life, after my dad passed. He taught him all of his obedience, cause I wanted to be the good guy
. Is that your dog in your avatar?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Also, hopefully this thread will help others like myself that are having a hard time figuring some of the things on this wonderful website out.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yes, that's my boy, Jaia. I love the dog avatars on ATS.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Absolutely beautiful man!!
And a mighty fine coat he's got
Did you happen to catch what those kids did to that poor dog with the firecrackers...?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Also I'll mention that I had trouble uploading from Google Chrome, finally I tried Internet Explorer and all went well, don't know if has been fixed or if it was a local setting? Try another browser if the comments above don't help.

Oops, gotta be quick on ATS.. lol Nice work guys!
edit on 1-2-2012 by rbnhd76 because: Slow redneck

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Also, hopefully this thread will help others like myself that are having a hard time figuring some of the things on this wonderful website out.

Yeah I'm sure it will.

FortAnthem gave some really good advice towards the beginning of the thread as well which is bound to be helpful to quite a few people around here and of course I hope those images I added are too.

Oh, and reading this thread I really do have to say I'm kinda jealous of you guys here.. I'm stuck with 3 cats, lol.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Ha cats are alright, I've never been a cat person but hey, atleast they can take care of themselves

ETA: You provided screen captures so that really helps for the incompitent/illiterate here on ATS.

edit on 1-2-2012 by jeenyus2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Ha cats are alright

No they're not, they're evil, evil things!

Honestly, I'm nothing but a scratch post to these guys, lol.

I'm a dog person to be honest, always have been. German Shepherd was always my favourite breed too. I remember growing up as a kid in Scotland with one of those, It was just the greatest pet I've ever had in my life. I'd really love to get another one day, maybe even a couple so I could see them grow up together.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Haha yeah German Sheppards are very intelligent dogs, along with obedience around smaller children and infants. There are only a few types of dog's I truly love, and German Sheppards are on the top of the list for me right below Staffordshire Terriers of course.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Glad you got your avatar! Thanks for the help on the uploading from everyone. One more reason to love the always helpful ATS community.

I really just wanted to chime in and say that I love the dog avatars on ATS also. Kdog has one of the best ones.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Hi. RA. I know you probably know about my two.
They are half siblings, born about 5 months apart. They have long coats and the male is Jaia (on the right), the female B'asia (rhymes with Asia)

Watching them grow up together has been very educational. They're 5 now.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Not going to lie, they seem sharp as a whip.

You know what... We could edit this thread to be the dog lovers thread .

edit on 1-2-2012 by jeenyus2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeenyus2008
You know what... We could edit this thread to be the dog lovers thread .

Here are my babies:

The top one is named Indiana Jones (Indy) and he is 4 months old. The bottom one is Obi-Wag Kenobi (Obi) and he is 8 months old.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Aw they're great!

Damn, I'm even more jealous now, lol. I think you're very lucky as well btw. I've always wanted to see two pets grow up together, especially two German Shepherds like those two (Great names as well). All the cats that I have, or had in the past, just despise each other and only actually come together as one when they're attacking me unfortunately. Siiigh.

When I had my German Shepherd back in Scotland (Who we named 'Prince'), I was just a little kid at the time. In fact some of my earliest memories were with him. Then I had to move away suddenly and leave him behind when I was still quite young, around 6-7 at the time and I can just remember crying the whole time, It was awful. God, typing this I feel as though I need to get another one. Like now! lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join