It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello again preppers and survivalist. Life changing reality.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Andypb: I just wanted to tell you a little story regarding the cards that Bo Xian mentioned and how they can be so important.

A friend of mine received a birthday present from her daughter many years ago. The daughter was completely broke and couldn't afford to buy a present. She took small pieces of paper and wrote a memory on each one and put them in a pretty container. That was the present she gave her mother. The mother still holds this as the most precious gift her daughter has ever given her.

I just wanted you to know that so that perhaps it would give you some perspective on the note cards. They can mean so much later for your kids.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Where are you dude? Been a while since you checked in.

Don't leave us hanging here.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by angryamerican

so how are you doing??

i reset the www.healinggemsjewelry.com so it is ready when you are.... or if you want another domain i can do that too. if you want a board to vent your self or a blog to spread the word about something your passionate about?

the doors are open. just ask and i'll see what i can do.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

hello, angry american... thinking about you. wondering how your doing. can you give us an update? please?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

this post inspired me to try to change my attitude towards my family as well, deep down i truley care about them but i know i often come out as cold, or indifferent...

i realise when no one gives a sh** about you...all you have left is them

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Just an FYI to all that are checking on Angryamerican. I checked his profile and he was on the site today. Hopefully he will come back soon and let us know what is going on.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Thank you TXTriker,

Hey ANGRY AMERICAN, wishing you peace and strength, hang in there buddy.
It's not an easy time, i know, but just think of it as a new beginning, a fresh start.

We're all here for you mate.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by andypb
Thank you TXTriker,

Hey ANGRY AMERICAN, wishing you peace and strength, hang in there buddy.
It's not an easy time, i know, but just think of it as a new beginning, a fresh start.

We're all here for you mate.

INDEED.

This has been a fairly intense thread. I can imagine a need to kick back and reflect rather than dive back in.

Nevertheless, there's a ton of caring here . . . I hope he avoids cutting himself off from it.

Maybe I'll U2U him.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I am here friends, and still breathing for the time being, I only get paid once a month on the third and all the bills come on the first so they shut the net down on my at least once a month. its a non priority so its at the bottom at the to be paid stack sorry to make all worry. as to how I am doing things in my mind are worse. The flash back witch I have had under control for yours have taken over and are relentless. I am going to the VA counselor today to get stronger drugs to temporally help out with that. On a good not on the 23rd I may be getting my right to drive back so I can get a job.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

THX THX THX THX THX FOR THE UPDATE.

PRAYERS FOR THE 23 and driving thing.

Pulling for you.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

i am glad to hear your still around. i was truly worried. i don't worry about many other people besides my immediate family because it is emotionally draining, i do want to make an exception in your case. i am not super religious but i do know that praying works. meditation works.

i know to be around others that have troubles, you tend to get each other down. at least in my experience.

so try and be with people that are a positive.

and yes, maybe the VA can help. my ex finally stopped taking his anti-depressents after years of taking them for me. we thought it would make him more agreeable and it did for that reason but then he got to the point where nothing was important anymore. we fought more than usual and we were running a business together (which he now owns). that's another story.

anyway back to the drugs. he had good luck with effexor xr after he got over the weirdness at first. then when he stopped taking them he had withdrawals. so whatever drug you choose watch for side effects.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dmonkey

the good old with draw. some thing I am familiar with. When I got out of the service I had a hard time adjust to life out side and the ghost never left me alone so I made them be quite with line and powder and pills and smoke.. It was only for a short time but it was long enough if it had not been for my rock at the time (my wife) I would still be there,

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Sorry to hear your pain man.
I never would of even guessed you had these terrible issues harrying you for the past few years.
If anything I reckoned you to be the last that such things happened to.
I wish and hope that the next few months see you up and out again during these trying time brother!

WR

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Glad to here from you, and wishing you well.
Good luck on the 23rd, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

We all have our dirty little secret friend. I was raging when I cam back. and needed an out. I picked the wrong one. It happens far more then any one relies.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I don't think coming here was the wrong out, if you mean an outlet for rage. It is probably the best place. You can rage verbally, hopefully get some out, and not really hurt anyone.

We all really do care. Its kinda strange how this community grows on you and you start to care about total strangers whose names you don't even know.

Please keep us up to date and special prayers for the driving.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

No not coming here. When I got out of the military I was raging I looked to drugs for an outlet and with the support of my wife I beat them.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I will be thinking of all my ATS friends as I set alone on valentines day and wishing you all well Its my first one in 20 years Ive spent alone. I thing Ill take two sleeping pills and sleep the day away. As many of you have said to me keep pushing on I no longer have the strength or the want. my survival instinct is gone as well as my caring for life.
edit on 14-2-2012 by angryamerican because: mispelled I just got up no coffe = Dum

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

You are not entirely alone, angryamerican. There are alot of folks here that are thinking about you and caring what happens to you even if we can't be with you in person.
These feelings WILL pass. You WILL recover and be happy again one day, even if it feels like you never will.
Be strong

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I know in the past When I was down I would find the saddest music I could and that would cheer me up for some reason but now it does the opposite I guess it was because I knew my wife was always there for me bow she is not and I am all alone. even in the service I had my friends and fellow rangers around me being alone is something new to me I no longer have any body to keep my mind off the faces of the people who s life's I ended prematurely in times of war. Rangers model is first in last to leave. Enven before and after the marines. how do you think the get the intell of ware they are to go.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join