It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A brief look at water fluoridation and the insanity of it

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Someone may be able to clear this up for me....
If water is in all tap water how would I know how much fluoride is in what I eat ( if i used water to prepare the meal)
is there fluoride in the fruits and vegetables if the plants are watered with fluoride?
Is there fluoride in animal meat I eat if they drank the water?
Does my body absorb fluoride when I have have long baths or showers?
How much fluoride would be in ready made foods prepared with fluoridated water?
What If I drink a LOT of tap water along with umpteen cups of coffee ( I assume if I boiled water the fluoride would become more concentrated? )
What if I am on medication that already has fluoride in it?
Etc etc etc

It may be that at low doses it's deemed harmless but seeing there is water is almost everything how can we keep tabs of our intake?

I live where our water is fluoridated , only found this out today , I'm not happy about the fact that I have no choice in the matter. My other option is to pay for water to be brought in or $1000 for a filter , I don't think this is fair to us who take responsibility for ourselves which includes oral hygiene . Why are we put at risk ( albeit a small risk) for those who CHOOSE not to care about their teeth?

I work where I see the tiny tots to adults being brought in to have their teeth pulled and trust me they are not drinking tap water anyway.
The state of teeth today is down to an unhealthy diet and self neglect , child neglect when it comes to kids.

What ever happened to informed consent before being medicated ?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaxsprat

No one has ever been shown to have died or been harmed from properly dosed water fluoridation. I'm not saying there is no risk to overexposure but it has happened in the past from improperly dosed water fluoridation. That is not doom, just being cautious.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I switched from carbonated drinks to cordial and wanted to know exactly what I was plowing down my gullet from the tap. Not much on what's in my local tap water. (brief look). I have dropped fish into the water from tap. Started with a hardy goldfish. I figured if he survives then it can't be too bad. He did, and now I have tropical fish of varying fragility added. Maybe the apparent health of the fish transfers to my health drinking the tap water. Fish happy, I'm happy. Water quality/content does vary from place to place... Paying for drinking water gauls me.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Most of the fluoride that goes into the public water supply is not naturally occurring, it is a toxic waste material left over from industrial manufacturers. The stuff is so toxic that dumping it into the environment is a serious crime and may be considered an act of terrorism. It is so toxic that anyone dealing with it would typically wear a hazmat suit.

Sorry if i missed it but is there somewhere that tells us the percentage of fluoride is naturally occurring and how much is a waste product ?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It's not a waste byproduct. It's a byproduct that needs to be further refined. The scaredy cats won't tell you that though.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Any dentist who supports water fluoridation inherently insists that their patients should also swallow their toothpaste.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I emailed the CDC once and asked them why they put fluoride in the water when it is normally a topical medicine. Their response was because infants who don't have teeth yet can benefit from ingesting the fluoride water which will then protect their teeth which hasn't formed yet haha lol.

Okay, numerous things wrong with this. First of all which parents are giving their infants tap water to drink? Either breast milk or formula, but tap water, seriously? Second, their crackpot theory as to how water fluoridation helps infants does not explain why this must be mandatory policy for 300 million ADULTS as well. There is such a thing as fluoridated water for babies, it's kind of weird, but if you were really concerned about your infant's teeth which haven't formed yet, you could just buy some fluoride water. Finally, an infant's teeth is not even their permanent set of teeth, so why go through all that trouble when the child teeth are just going to fall out anyways!?

Really, they stretch the limits of logic and common sense when they try and prove fluoride is somehow necessary. I guess these "doctors" must drink lots of tap water for this to somehow make sense to them.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: filosophia

Really, they stretch the limits of logic and common sense when they try and prove fluoride is somehow necessary. I guess these "doctors" must drink lots of tap water for this to somehow make sense to them.

Either that or they are looking to get a lot of repeat business,a healthy populace could put some doctors out of work....

I agree with most of what you state...i cannot get my head around why they would do this for the "health" of the population and yet alcohol and cigarettes are everywhere and it is a well known fact both of those have serious health effects

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: filosophia

Either that or they are looking to get a lot of repeat business,a healthy populace could put some doctors out of work....

I agree with most of what you state...i cannot get my head around why they would do this for the "health" of the population and yet alcohol and cigarettes are everywhere and it is a well known fact both of those have serious health effects

Well they tried to prohibit alcohol, that didn't work out so well. And tobacco was only recently linked to lung cancer, so by that time it had ingrained too much into society. I basically think that they would prohibit anything if they could. Despite prohibition being repealed by a constitutional amendment, there are still numerous forms of prohibition of alcohol today:

Some areas still have no alcohol on Sunday laws.
Almost everywhere except a few very large cities have alcohol sales stopping at 2 or 3 in the morning
You need a liquor license to sell alcohol
21 and over age limit prohibits under 21's from drinking alcohol
DUI's prevent people from drinking and driving, it seems "safety conscious" but that's just a good PR name for prohibition.
Alcohol is not permitted in government or public buildings, or streets, except for a few places during parades.

So yeah, they do everything they can to prohibit alcohol, they just sell it as "for the greater good." If they could get away with it, they'd ban everything under the sun unless you have a government permit.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join