It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A brief look at water fluoridation and the insanity of it

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know - Fluoridation

We often see many studies and threads like this one on ATS, but I thought it would be interesting to do a general overview of the different aspects of water fluoridation and the faulty logic behind it. Here's a little bit of history to get us started:

Fluoridation became an official policy of the U.S. Public Health Service by 1951, and by 1960 water fluoridation had become widely used in the U.S., reaching about 50 million people.[9] By 2006, 69.2% of the U.S. population on public water systems were receiving fluoridated water, amounting to 61.5% of the total U.S. population; 3.0% of the population on public water systems were receiving naturally occurring fluoride.[10]

History of water fluoridation - Wikipedia

Where does fluoride come from?

Now I think the first question we should be asking ourselves here is: if only 3% are receiving naturally occurring fluoride (calcium fluoride), then what are the 97% ingesting and where does it come from?

There are two types of fluoride. Calcium Fluoride, which appears naturally in underground water supplies, is relatively benign. However, too much consumed daily can lead to bone or dental problems. Calcium is used to counter fluoride poisoning when it occurs. This redeeming factor indicates that the calcium in naturally formed calcium fluoride neutralizes much of fluoride's toxic effects.

On the other hand, the type of fluorides added to water supplies and other beverages and foods are waste products of the nuclear, aluminum, and now mostly the phosphate (fertilizer) industries. The EPA has classified these as toxins: fluorosilicate acid, sodium silicofluoride, and sodium fluoride.

Understanding the Different Fluorides

That is correct, you read it right. Most of the fluoride that goes into the public water supply is not naturally occurring, it is a toxic waste material left over from industrial manufacturers. The stuff is so toxic that dumping it into the environment is a serious crime and may be considered an act of terrorism. It is so toxic that anyone dealing with it would typically wear a hazmat suit. The following video provides an excellent description of the process involved with collecting fluoride:

The Fluoride Deception - the truth about water fluoridation

Does fluoride really prevent tooth decay?

During the second half of the 20th century, scientists noted a steep decline in tooth decay among children throughout the US. This trend is, according to proponents of water fluoridation, clear evidence that fluoridated water does its intended job very well.

When the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) nominated water fluoridation as one of the top 10 public health achievements of the 20th century, it published a graph (see Figure 1), which showed the reduction of cavities in US children coupled with the increase in water systems that have been fluoridated since the 1960's. The CDC referred to the graph with the statement:

"as a result [of water fluoridation], dental caries declined precipitously during the second half of the 20th century."

However, what the CDC failed to mention is that similar declines in tooth decay have occurred in virtually every western country, most of which do not fluoridate water (see Figure 2).

Tooth Decay Trends in Fluoridated vs. Unfluoridated Countries

Take a careful look at figure two. What we see here is that many other countries experienced a very similar decrease in the levels of tooth decay over the same period of time, yet they were not practicing water fluoridation.

How safe is fluoridated water?

The graph above is quite conclusive with respect to the efficiency of fluoridation in my opinion, but I'm not about to deny every bit of research that suggests fluoride can help prevent tooth decay; consumed in the right amounts it probably can help to some small degree... but you see, everyone consumes a different amount of tap water. There is no way to control the 'dose' of any single individual. The Government has essentially taken it upon themselves to medicate a whole population, regardless of those who don't want to receive such a medication.

Now you might think that the Government is wise, and is only doing what it thinks will benefit all of society, but there are several problems with their so called mass-medication scheme. First of all, the method of 'treatment' is completely absurd. Fluoride is intended to be applied to the surface of your teeth - it does not work by ingesting the tap water. There is absolutely no reason you would want to ingest a toxic waste material. Using fluoridated toothpaste (which typically contains high grade pharmaceutical fluoride and not toxic waste) is a much more logical and sane option.

Secondly, about 95% of all your tap water goes down the drain and therefore makes its way into natural water systems and does damage to the environment and the creatures living in that environment. In fact, the reason they stopped releasing the fluoride gases into the environment straight out of their smoke stacks was because it devastated the natural life living around the industrial plant producing the pollution. Now that toxic waste is instead captured and dripped directly into your water supply without any type of refinement or cleansing.

There are many differing opinions when it comes to this subject, and a lot of the studies done tend to contradict each other (a typically sign of propaganda and agenda pushing), but I think the following video really sums up what the vast majority of real experts have to say about the inherent health risks involved.

Professional Perspectives on Water Fluoridation

Is it really worth the risk?

Do you really believe all of this is done just to prevent tooth decay? Do you actually think all the potential health risks are worth this one debatable advantage? It's fairly obvious in my opinion, that no citizen should have to be subjected to non-consensual medication. Just because a vitamin pill might be good for my health, doesn't mean anyone can force me to take a vitamin pill. It is my choice and I should have that freedom to choose.

In the United Kingdom the Green Party refers to fluoride as a poison, claims that water fluoridation violates Article 35 of the European Charter of Fundamental Rights, is banned by the UK poisons act of 1972, violates Articles 3 and 8 of the Human Rights Act and raises issues under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.[10]

Water fluoridation has also been criticized by Cross and Carton for violating the Nuremberg Code and the Council of Europe's Biomedical Convention of 1999.[2] Dentistry professor David Locker and philosopher Howard Cohen argued that the moral status for advocating water fluoridation is "at best indeterminate" and could even be considered immoral because it infringes upon autonomy based on uncertain evidence, with possible negative effects.[11]

Water fluoridation controversy

edit on 1-2-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
What countries don't fluoridate their water?

Often when we are questioning the effectiveness of a certain treatment, it's a good idea to take a look around and see how many people are practicing the same thing. When a treatment is widely used one may assume that treatment is popular because it actually does what it should. However, when the majority of people are not using that treatment, and in fact have banned or outlawed said treatment, that should be a fairly good indicator that the treatment is hazardous and should be avoided.

Despite dental pressure, 99% of western continental Europe has rejected, banned, or stopped fluoridation due to environmental, health, legal, or ethical concerns

Only about 5% of the world population is fluoridated and more than 50% of these people live in North America. The Danish Minister of Environment recommended against fluoridation in 1977 because "no adequate studies had been carried out on its long-term effects on human organ systems other than teeth and because not enough studies had been done on the effects of fluoride discharges on freshwater ecosystems."

Fluoridation status of some countries

In Australia, the country where I was born, all states are active in the practice of water fluoridation. It's something that I am strongly against, and one of the main reasons I wrote this thread; I recently moved from an outback house with tank water to a town house with town water. It's often not until something directly affects us that we decide to take action. Sad but true. I find it discerning that such a high percentage of Australian towns and cities fluoridate their water when much of the world has already thrown out this archaic practice.

Human or Artificial Fluoridation of water, salt, and milk varies from country to country. Water fluoridation has been introduced to varying degrees in many countries, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Ireland, Malaysia, the U.S., and Vietnam,[1] and is used by 5.7% of people worldwide.[2] Continental Europe largely does not fluoridate water, although some of its countries fluoridate salt; locations have discontinued water fluoridation in Germany, the Netherlands, and other countries.[2] Although health and dental organizations support water fluoridation in the countries that practice water fluoridation,[3] there has been considerable opposition to water fluoridation whenever it is proposed.

Fluoridation by country

All hope is not lost however, for there are many good people fighting the good fight and trying to inform people about the hazards and absurdity of water fluoridation. The following documentary offers an extremely in depth view of the world of Australian water fluoridation and the people rallying against this criminal practice.

Fire Water: Australia's Industrial Fluoridation Disgrace

I don't want to leave out our American friends, for they are also suffering under the tight grip of the fluoridation puppet masters. The following video was released by Infowars, where they manage to sneak a hidden camera into a fluoridation plant to get closer view and better insight into the shady world of American fluoridation plants.

Infowars Hidden Camera - Fluoride Treatment Facility

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
i love these threads about how the government is trying to kill us all, this time it's flouride.

here is a fact that is hard to dispute, the average expectancy since 1960 has increased by 9 years.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

here is a fact that is hard to dispute, the average expectancy since 1960 has increased by 9 years.
And you think that's because of fluoride? I don't think I can write what I'm thinking...

May you come back and join us in the real world some time soon.

PS - try reading the thread, particularly the part with the graph

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer
i love these threads about how the government is trying to kill us all, this time it's flouride.

Such a trend is easy enough to reverse in the first place when enough bad habits and pollutions are adopted, and how much more impressive might life expectancy be if we weren't shooting ourselves in the foot on so many other matters (such as pointless and counter-productive fluoridation, massive increases in cancer rates as a result of various pollutions and unhealthy foods, water pollution by a range of introduced substances, etc...)?

Short-sighted responses don't really do anyone any good, friend.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
thanks stared and flagged and bookmarked for later so i can show everyone this.

i have a few fluoride videos and it always amazes me when i show it to friends and family etc and there all like "Meh, doesn't happen here so i dont care" (here being Australia) and it just dumbfounds me how stupid people are, i have to tell them, "um yes it does, Australia is just as bad, if not worse then the US for fluoridation of the water supply" then i show them this:

www.health.vic.gov.au...

and people go nuts, "NAH!!! thats not the SAME fluoride thats just the good stuff, my dentist says its good for me so it must be! why would i believe you over my dentist and the TV!!"

just boggles my mind sometimes and people always wonder why im so anal about water lol

i drink coke, and KNOW its bad for me and get told to stop drinking it and drink more water all the time because its better for you, and can't help but laugh at the irony.
edit on 1-2-2012 by rayuki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer

Another well informed "I don't need to research stuff I don't believe" kind of response.

When your beloved government's policies come crashing down your door and ruining your health and life, then you'll probably wake up a little bit, and come to a forum like this seeking helpful information and see the next generation of ignorant responses mirroring yours back when you were ignorant to the reality of our situation.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

I doubt that the intent is to kill us off. However...I do think that the agenda behind fluoridating populations could be for greater control of the masses. What better way to dispose of hazardous waste. Instead of costing the companies that produce it, they can charge taxpayers who drink it. Corporate problem solved.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

However...I do think that the agenda behind fluoridating populations could be for greater control of the masses. What better way to dispose of hazardous waste
Exactly, it all comes down to money and control. It's sickening that these corporate scum bags actually have the nerve to dump their toxic waste into our water supply, despite all the people who don't consent to the mass medication. It makes me understand how so many other conspiracies could actually be real, if they are willing to go to such extents and tread such low moral grounds in the name of profit, they are capable of almost anything.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

and people go nuts, "NAH!!! thats not the SAME fluoride thats just the good stuff, my dentist says its good for me so it must be! why would i believe you over my dentist and the TV!!"
I haven't really talked to that many people about fluoridation, because it wasn't really much of an issue for me until recently. I will certainly be bringing it up much more now though, it will be interesting to see how some people respond.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I dont even use toothpaste with flouride in it, best thing i ever did, well maybe not the best there are some better things that dont need discussing

S + F for you
edit on 15/09/2011 by FFS4000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Sorry guys, I didn't even post the correct video for the Australian doco. It's fixed now, for those who were wanting to watch it (it's well worth the watch).

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

awesome thanks, was wondering why you had the same video up twice there lol.

will give it a look as its relevant to me being in australia
give me some more ammo to use on my friends and family lol.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
what are your views on chlorine toxicity ?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
s & f, totally agreeable.

beware of the trolls ....they are coming....

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
My question is... do water filters, such as Brita, filter out Flouride?
Edit: googled it.. NO it doesn't
edit on 1-2-2012 by CaPpedDoG because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CaPpedDoG

The basic answer is no, not 100%. Reverse osmosis only removes 95% from the figures I saw. It helps but does not totally remove the nastiness. The water filters have a lower percentage removed I believe.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Below is the letter I sent to my local opposition premier and the reply I got re the fluoridation issue. I invite anyone interested to use my format to let them know this is a issue for us.

Dear **Shirak**,

Mr Newman has asked me to thank you for your correspondence in relation to the fluoridation of the public water supplies from the 18th January. As you may know, on 13 March 2008, State Parliament passed legislation to introduce fluoride into Queensland’s water supplies. Earlier the Bligh Labor Government had indicated to the people of Queensland that fluoridation should not proceed without a public referendum.

After careful consideration of all the issues and opinions that were expressed, the LNP arrived at its decision to support the Water Fluoridation Bill 2008, but with an amendment requiring a referendum on the issue. The Bligh Labor Government pressed ahead with the Water Fluoridation Act 2008 and refused to support our call for a referendum. I appreciate that there are many people who, for various reasons, are strongly opposed to fluoridation. In light of this, the LNP believed a fair and reasonable outcome could be achieved if the Government would provide a rebate scheme for part of the cost of purchasing a reverse osmosis water filter.

Again, the Bligh Labor Government refused to support this measure. Thank you again for your interest. I appreciate the effort you have taken to bring your views on this matter to my attention so that we can work together to build a much improved future for all Queenslanders. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is any other State Government issue with which I can be of assistance. Kind regards, Campbell Newman Team. Description: Leader

Sent: Wednesday, 18 January 2012 9:59 AM To: [email protected]; [email protected] Subject: Election issue for Brisbane Residents (New Fluoridation research proving it causes hardened arteries)

Hi Campbell,

As a concerned citizen I wanted to bring to your attention the report which was posted to the US national Library of Medicine on the 12/1/12 which contained research proving that fluoride in the water supply causes hardening of arteries Titled:Association of vascular fluoride uptake with vascular calcification and coronary artery disease. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

As someone who's family has been affected by this condition I ask that you seriously review the new research and revisit the issue of the use of mandatory fluoridation of our water supply based on this new evidence. I will of course be documenting this communication and any responses. Please consider this as a matter of great concern and definitely an issue which is an election issue for me. Best Regards, SHIRAK

edit on 1-2-2012 by Shirak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I don't want ANY medication in my water. It's just creepy....something out of a science fiction dystopian novel

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

And you say this, where is your information coming from? I dont see any proof of your conclusion. Maybe troller you should go back to the FDA where you belong.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join