It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban will take over from US and Nato in Afghanistan – leaked US report

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Taliban will take over from US and Nato in Afghanistan – leaked US report

www.guardian.co.uk

A secret US military report says the Taliban, backed by Pakistan, are preparing to retake control of Afghanistan after Nato-led forces withdraw from the country.
The report, The State of the Taliban 2012, is the latest of a series drawn up by a US special operations taskforce on the basis of interrogations with 4,000 suspected Taliban and al-Qaida detainees.
The report also quotes a senior al-Qaida detainee as saying: "Pakistan knows everything. They control everything."[expletive
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk warnewsupdates.blogspot.com

RELATED THREAD
RELATED THREAD
edit on 1-2-2012 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Yet agian the Taliban openly admit that they are armed, supported and now even overly controled by Pakistans ISI.
How long will it take for the US and the UK to wake up and stop aiding these bastards.

Pakistan has spent a more than decade playing a double game and doing bloody well out of it, but it could have blow back.
If its true and the Taliban are sick and tired of the ISI overly controlling them, that could lead to attacks in Pakistan, something Pakistan has wanted to avoid since the Taliban took control after the Russsian withdrawl, and the reason behind the friendship with the Taliban.
One guy say's he cant "piss up a tree in Kunar without them watching".
Maybe it's time to bite the hand that feeds.??
Will the revival and return of the Taliban spark an Islamist revolution in Pakistan??

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Will the revival and return of the Taliban spark an Islamist revolution in Pakistan??

The revival and return of the Taliban simply means Afghanistan goes back to what it was when the war first started in 2001.

edit on 1-2-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Nothing like giving billions of dollars a year to your enemies...

"Here 'ya go. Oh and by the way why don't you take this and buy some weapons and soliders for the taliban?"

Dumb@#$%s

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

No, personaly i dont think so..this time they'll be more powerful.
And i think they'll start to spread their wings outside of Afghanistan...they got the frontier region under control between them and Pakistan, so why stop there.
With trouble between the goverment and the military in Pakistan at the moment it would be easy to fill a vacum. Especially if they have ISI sympathisers.
I bet theres just a whole line of would be's rulers of Pakistan in the ISI ranks who, with the Talibans intervention and the armys help, would have a coup d'etat tommorow.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well well!

That turned out to be a huge waste of time,money and human life now,didnt it?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

"US is still torturing people to make them say what US wants to hear", that's all that I picked up from this story. The rest of the story is merely what US wants to hear, and we hear that all the time.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I would be concerned about ANY revolution in ANY nuclear-armed state. Add in the religious undertone to any such move and the already volatile, unstable region it may happen in and I think Heads of State will genuinely be waking up in cold sweats.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by insaan

"US is still torturing people to make them say what US wants to hear", that's all that I picked up from this story. The rest of the story is merely what US wants to hear, and we hear that all the time.

Yet again, i'll put this video up for those who hav'nt seen it...or dont want to believe!! Happy watching.

And as for the torture, i dont think it was needed...the ISI are starting piss off the Tali's real bad. They're too controlling..and the Taliban arnt some two bit terrorist group with 15 members and 3 AK47's between them who need the money and help desperately.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
Well well!

No, no, no..that turned out to be a #ing HUGE MONEY MAKER for Raytheon, Blackwater, Haliburton etc etc..and a real winner for the people with shares in these firms, people like Dick Cheney, George Bush etc etc etc.
No money wasted here for their part...only profit, profit, profit.

Gen. Butler begins his booklet, “War is a racket. It always has been.” Contrary to common belief, Gen. Butler believes that war is the world’s oldest profession. He believes that it’s the most profitable commercial endeavor for the few that do profit from it, and that it’s by far the most brutal commercial enterprise. Profits are measured in money, losses are measured in human lives, those killed, maimed and mentally deranged, as well as all the attendant human misery forced on the soldiers and their families.

WAR IS A RACKET PDF

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

The revival and return of the Taliban simply means Afghanistan goes back to what it was when the war first started in 2001.

The war in Afghanistan, and Iraq, were wars not fought to be won, just to be sustained.
The same thing happened in Vietnam, more than a decade long and 58,000 boys who never came home because they fought a war that those who ordered them into battle new they would never win from the start.
A decade's worth of bullet's, uniforms, M16's, Huey's etc etc. made a few people VERY rich.

And the same thing happened in Iraq and Afghanistan with Haliburton and the like.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

"A secret US military report"........well, there goes the secret!

I guess if it's on ATS, it's not a secret anymore.

My take is, the US involvement, has to do with the poppies/opium production. Most UN reports said that the Taliban was destroying the poppies before the US came, but since we've been there, production has went up, a lot. I'm sure many have seen the videos of US troops guarding the poppy fields in Helmund Province.

2001 report-

opioids.com...

And after we went in, the increase-

www.rferl.org...

Then another more current report, shows more increase-

www.nytimes.com...

en.tengrinews.kz...

Opium production in Afghanistan has been on the rise since U.S. occupation started in 2001. Based on UNODC data, there has been more opium poppy cultivation in each of the past four growing seasons (2004–2007) than in any one year during Taliban rule. Also, more land is now used for opium in Afghanistan than for coca cultivation in Latin America. In 2007, 92% of the non-pharmaceutical-grade opiates on the world market originated in Afghanistan.[2] This amounts to an export value of about $4 billion
-from Wiki

So kids are dying at a record rate back here in the US from heroin overdoses, yet our troops guard the fields in Afghanistan?? The Taliban was getting rid of it prior to our arrival, and by most accounts, production has went up at least 4 TIMES the level it was at before we got there.

Does any of this make sense?

Our troops are dying to protect an illicit drug operation that sends drugs to the US where they kill even more of our kids and adults. What a messed up world we live in!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

After the Iran Contra thingy, and the Mena airport deal the CIA's coc aine business took a serious nose dive.
They needed a new product and a new business centre...they got it..and the poppy's just keep on growing and the heroin keeps on flowing.

A short vid about Barry, Bill Clinton, Mena ,Nicaragua Iran Contra etc and the CIA's drug running businnes..they even put Pablo Escobar and the Medellin cartel in the business and cleaned the money though houses like erm....AIG (AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL GROUP) sound familiar.
More importantly they needed a country without a legitimate goverment that wasnt recognised by the rest of the world...and the Taliban fit that nicely.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
GASP! Who didn't see THAT coming?

We actually thought we would change in a few years what's been going on for hundreds?
edit on 1-2-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I have no words.

Is this just sheer laziness? The Taliban pretty much still has total sway over the rural populations, so let's just leave well enough alone? Or is it worse than laziness? Why do we always seem to choose the most rapacious fox around to put in charge of the chicken house?

Maybe to give us an excuse to return when the War Machine needs more lube.

These guys always double-back and bite the hand that installed them in power. Maybe that's the whole point.

Sorry, ladies and indentured poppy farmers; the US is outta this joint. See you in 5-10 years.

edit on 1-2-2012 by Eidolon23 because: haaaahhh.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Remains me of the battles fought in Nam.

Massives battles and deaths to take a Hill, only to leave when the Hill was taken.

Not much sense, just a war of attrition.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
Well well!

Far worse, they have created a monster down there that has political "legs". The people now respect them and see them as a powerful entity and will join more willingly. Pakistan could turn sides completely because of this within a few years and they ARE A NUCLEAR POWER.

You don't fight terrorists, you shame them, if you see them arrest them, if you know where they are you surround them and wait for them to run out of food and supply. To mobilize an army over a terrorist attack points to more sinister or not so obvious reasons for being in the middle east.

Bottom line, we are less safe now then we were while living in a virtual cell. The system is in financial ruins and about to collapse but at least we showed those children over there the power of the west. They'll never get older and grow a set and want to avenge the death of their best friend or father...never.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Several years ago, I worked for an older man who owned 9 different companies(I worked at his construction company). He was a real smart, hard-working guy, even at 70 years old. One of his businesses was a private jet company, where he and some of his pilots flew the weathly around. He had been a pilot for 40 years, flying some of the famous and wealthy around.People such as Wayne Huizenga(Blockbuste Video, Waste Management, Miami Dolphins) Jimmy Hoffa Jr, etc.

He had been to Mena airport several times in his years and I talked to him one day about Mena and if he knew about te coc aine trafficking. He said he was well aware of it and that the airport there, had a reputation as being the fastest place in the country to get your plane painted and tail numbers changed. He said he never like going there because of the things he saw.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
When the NATO pull out troops and Taliban take over, Afghanistan might get a little more territory, Western Pakistan. Pakistan may fight to keep it, but after a few years may decide it is not worth holding on to the territory and risk Talibanisation of entire Pakistan.

The Taliban will have their hands full for a few years and eventually Afghanistan will grow out of the Taliban phase too, but this time on her own terms.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
And a video from, the ever popular Fox news, doing a feature on poppy growing in Afghanistan with Geraldo Rivera showing US troops guarding the poppy/opium fields.

And a view from the door gunner spot of a US helicopter showing the fields-

edit on 1-2-2012 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join