It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is so cold everywhere in the world! Are we experiencing a small Ice Age?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Perth sweats through hottest January in 34 years

*facepalm*

I don't disbelieve it either, I was there!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It is going to be 67 today soooo no.

Please understand the definition of Ice Age.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I think science/government is confused on what it wants to push.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The last few days in St. Louis have been 65-67 degrees F.

I realized you, OP, must live in Europe where you are experiencing a winter that the States usually do EVERY year, so you assume the world is experiencing an "ice age".

Far from it.

As usual for your threads, a scant bit of research would have made this thread needless.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Where I live in a rural part of Pennine Yorkshire UK, I was seriously worried about the previous two winters. But not only have we been experiencing one of the mildest winters ever, IMO it still hasn't got as bad here as it was last year and definitely not as bad as the year before. If we are still having this conversation in June, that's when I will be worrying.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Where I live we have 41 degrees but,

TextLittle Ice Age result of volcanic eruptions, new study says Sequences of explosive volcanic eruptions in the tropics were the likely trigger for the Little Ice Age, according to a new study. The research attempts to answer two longstanding questions swirling around the roughly 400-year span of slightly cooler-than normal temperatures: Exactly when did it begin? And what was its initial trigger? Previous estimates for the onset of the Little Ice Age range from as early as the late 1200s to as late as the 1500s, the research team notes. Globally, temperatures averaged a modest 0.6 degrees Celsius, or about 1 degree Fahrenheit cooler than usual.
source(thecomingcrisis.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

You arent addressing the fact that most of the posters on this thread are having weather in direct contradiction to your post......

You just keep posting the same stuff over and over , and not acknowledging those posts.......

Why?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think the thing to worry about is that the past 12 months (at least) have seen a succession of weather records. It seems that everything is becoming more unstable. Which means effects on harvests and the possibility that we may see a permanent change in currents and local climates. In fact some say that paradoxically, a period of warming can in fact tip some of us into an ice age.
edit on 1-2-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

tin direct contradiction to your post......
Let's see what February will bring in terms of negative temperatures.....

link   

Where I live we have 41 degrees

Is that C or F?

Either way, far from an "ice age".

Hell it's not even freezing.
edit on 2/1/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

link   
Well, I live in the Rocky Mountains and our snowfall is MUCH lower then it's supposed to be, as well as unseasonably warm weather, like 50's in January. If there is a mini ice age(which is just ridiculous) it definitely skipped this part of the world.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Well today IS in February and in St. Louis it will be around 62 degrees F.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

tin direct contradiction to your post......

Your post says its cold everywhere.......small ice age.........

That is to imply CURRENT temperatures........its January, places should be COVERED in snow, dont you think if this was a little ice age , they would be going through unheard of snowfall in a majority of these places?

Except that the current temperatures are in direct contradiction to your post.......

So no, lets not see what happens in february, and avoid the question.......

the little ice age isnt going to just HIT in february, then what are you going to MOVE the date to march?

If we are experiencing what you claim we are, then why is it so hot?
edit on 1-2-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The area of ice at the north pole has been shrinking consistently for years. Watch the David Attenborough documentary Frozen Planet and you'll see the facts.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

If we are experiencing what you claim we are, then why is it so hot?

TextThe Gulf Stream and The Next Ice Age is about the consequences of global warming on The Great Atlantic Conveyor, which has to do with regulating climate and the fear that the melting of ice will stop it, perhaps triggering an ice age. In the battle against climate change there is no enemy to fight, just our attitudes. – Nicolas Koutsikas, Director. Climate Change is hot on the political and social agenda internationally. Our climate is changing, with industrial production, habitat, transport and everyday human activities acknowledged as causes of global warming. The Gulf Stream and the Next Ice Age is a one-hour documentary which explores the results of a recent American government report that believes the collapse of thermohaline circulation will take place around the year 2010 and impose a minor ice age on Europe. Could Dublin acquire a climate like Spitzberg, and London like that of Siberia? The Gulf Stream is a powerful surface current, driven by the Trade Winds.
source(topdocumentaryfilms.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

This does not answer my question.............

You are the OP

Answer the questions.........dont link nonsense........and if you are going to , atleast link nonsense relative to the question.......you are dimissed
edit on 1-2-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well, I hear a lot of reports of Ice ages and global warming, but all I can offer is first hand experience.

I live in the Arctic (Yellowknife, NT home of Ice Road Truckers and Ice Pilots) and I have seen the temp steadily rise in the 15 years I've lived here.

In 1998 it dropped to -30 or -40c in late November and stayed that cold until March.

In the winter of 2011/2012 we have only had 3 or 4 days of extreme cold. In fact this weekend they are calling for 0 degrees.

We can argue over what is causing it, and what the long term effects are, but from what I'm hearing, this is just the start.

I had a chance to speak with one of the head Environmental Coordinators for ESSO corp. He explained what they were doing in the high arctic with Gas & Oil exploration. One phrase he used scared the crap out of me...

"Pole Shift"

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by robdaven

"Pole Shift"
This is the most deep truth I try to explain for long time,and will bring...many things including a small Ice Age!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by robdaven

"Pole Shift"
This is the most deep truth I try to explain for long time,and will bring...many things including a small Ice Age!

Thats what you took out of his whole post? His whole post went directly against your OP claiming were having an Ice age......

And thats the TWO words you address?

Come on OP provide us with some feed back here

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I've heard the theories for years, and I've seen the MSM news reports on the magnetic shift of the North pole towards Russia, but I thought it was just another scare tactic by the "crap" sellers.

But after talking to that guy from ESSO, I'm really starting to wonder. I mentioned the report floating around that the Russian's were saying no ice in the arctic within a year or 2. He seemed to agree with them.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join