It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just why cant Iran have nukes?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
If you consider how volatile the Middle East is, who in the Middle East has nukes and the fact the west its self only escalated nuclear weapons making to assure mutual destruction; just why cant Iran have such weapons?

Propaganda aside, it actually makes sense to have them if you wish to avoid being invaded, sorry, ‘sprung’. As for the regime that rules in Iran, who helped put them there?

Like it or not, in the 21st century, countries need these weapons to ensure national security. I am asking a genuine question.

edit on 1-2-2012 by mandroids because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
If you knew yer next door neighbor hated you with every fiber of their being without any kind of compromise for the greater good of just being left alone...would you want to see them unloading a car in their driveway full of rifles?

I think not, you'd have to take action or risk being shot by your neighbor right?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
however, if THAT neighbour had such weapons...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Because...they are terrorists...the axis of evil....evil brown people who want to destroy our way of living.

All BS.

Who has droped nukes on populated cities...hmmmmm????

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Because...they are terrorists...the axis of evil....evil brown people who want to destroy our way of living.

All BS.

Who has droped nukes on populated cities...hmmmmm????

Exactly. only one country has dropped nukes in anger.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I am leaning more towards no one should have these weapons....but I agree with the idea of the op. Their enemy's have them so they want them as insurance.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The same would apply to nukes I reckon. If there is no comromise, then its kill or be killed in this great neighborhood of misguided ideals that dictate how we live and what we are led to believe. That doent make the reaction to the action right......2 wrongs don't make a right.

Just to clarify. Do I think Isreal deserves what they get for their years of Arab bashing? Sure....any bully deserves a pop in the nose......to include America. Does Iran have the right to be a buncha hate babbling idiots and not expect the same treatment from their neighbors? Nope...we're all equal in the most basic sense......you wouldnt let a 10 yr old drive a car for the same reason you don't give Iran nukes....the maturiy level is not there yet. And the reason for weilding one in their case would be more petty than any real deterrant.

The regime would have to soften for that to happen. Should anyone have nukes? IMO no, we're not responsible as a species enough so to hold such power. We have so many people in the world who think they are the smartest thing since sliced bread....they spend so much time trying to figure out if they can, they don't stop to consider if they should.

No nukes for anyone would be a better idea, alas it wont happen.....every government wants to rule with a fist of lead to include the US...and the last thing they want is to lose power in any respect.

It amounts to a "who has the bigger pecker" competition at this point as pride will likely overshoot principal

We're all doomed

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
'we are all doomed'

Yes, no one should have them.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
There is an old saying, "I'm not afraid of the country that wants 20 Nukes.... I'm afraid of the country that just wants one...."

Think about it.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Of course, only the intelligent west should have them..

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by UsualSuspect
I am leaning more towards no one should have these weapons....but I agree with the idea of the op. Their enemy's have them so they want them as insurance.

exactly what i think
nobody should have nukes but if you do you cant tell others not to

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Iran has shown us that they are not taking genuine action. Does anyone think they might be talking and swaggering like this for the benefit of their own people and not the rest of the world? I have wondered this for some time. They talk a lot, but what do they actually do? Nothing. Hot air. And that should really be fine with the rest of us.

This invasion of sovereign nations has to stop. No one is rushing in to save the people of North Korea. We all know they have it bad. Iran is not bad to their people by comparison. Yet no one can really be bothered to look at NK and yet when their beloved dictator died recently, you couldn't avoid all the praise of the guy in the Western media.

Politics is just entirely random and surreal. I can't get my head around some of this stuff, even when I was working in that environment. It just doesn't make sense!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BooKrackers

Are you saying that this is the way Iran feels about you?

Or is this the way you feel about Iran?

When did they inform you of this uncontrollable hatred they have for you? If they hated you this much they wouldn't wait for nukes to attack you. Their hatred would overrule all intelligence and they would be unable to control their need to destroy you.

Since their rabid hatred has not lead them to attack you or anyone else, I have great difficulty in accepting your statements as fact.

Propaganda flows on both sides.

By the way, why did the US give nukes to Pakistan?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Iran has shown us that they are not taking genuine action. Does anyone think they might be talking and swaggering like this for the benefit of their own people and not the rest of the world? I have wondered this for some time. They talk a lot, but what do they actually do? Nothing. Hot air. And that should really be fine with the rest of us.

This invasion of sovereign nations has to stop. No one is rushing in to save the people of North Korea. We all know they have it bad. Iran is not bad to their people by comparison. Yet no one can really be bothered to look at NK and yet when their beloved dictator died recently, you couldn't avoid all the praise of the guy in the Western media.

Politics is just entirely random and surreal. I can't get my head around some of this stuff, even when I was working in that environment. It just doesn't make sense!

Yes, and Zimbabwe..
I just wanted one intelligent answer why not.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

There is no reason why not. That was what I meant about by "random and surreal". I can't find the first thread of logic in any of this stuff. It's simply beyond me. Glad I'm not alone in my bewilderment.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tetriswoooo

I agree. Has no one stopped and looked at who is the real bully in the playground?

Are we really this blind?

Or are we so conditioned and gullible that we can't see what is right in front of our faces?

If your tree produces apples, painting them purple and calling them plums, dosen't change the fact that they are apples.

Even if you are able to fool many, sooner it later someone is going to point out the deception.

The real question is how does the bully respond when the rest of the playground stops being afraid and takes their ball and goes home.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The primary fear is they would sell nuclear materials or technology to groups that would plan to use it in a destructive manner. The other reasons aren't as important as that one.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

Why does Iran want nukes?

Answer that and the reason for having them will be self explanitory.

just saw the above poster.

edit on 1-2-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Iran signed a treaty, NPT, giving up their right to make nuclear weapons. That is why they can't have them.

DPRK (North Korea) decided they needed nukes, so they left the NPT by giving the required six months notice. Iran can do the same if they feel they need nukes. But doesn't look like they feel they need nukes, regardless of what others feel, since they continue to be part of the NPT and abide by all obligations under the treaty.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Dirty bombs make that point fall at the first hurdle.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join