It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USDA Forces Whole Foods To Accept Monsanto

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Its very simple stop shopping their asap

Save money

The use money to short the pos 40 pe stock
Wfm is the symbol

If fda bans supplements they will tank too

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Originally posted by Jason88
question: how much does it cost to "get" an organic farming license?
edit on 1-2-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

Your question compels me to ask, why in God's name would an organic farmer need permission from a city, town, county, or state to do what was has been demonstrably a natural right to do for several thousand years?

What compelling argument can government offer that reasonably grants they the right to regulate and determine who can or cannot organically farm?

You need the license to SELL your organic food. You will be inspected, yada yada yada to make sure you're up to snuff with the "organic" part.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

You need the license to SELL your organic food. You will be inspected, yada yada yada to make sure you're up to snuff with the "organic" part.

You can bet your sweet organic patootie that Whole Foods Market has a license to SELL food, organic or otherwise, but here we are in a thread that is, at the very least, partially pointing to fraudulent claims made by Whole Foods Market regarding organic foods.

That license and all the inspectors that come with that obviously couldn't prevent this fraud from happening.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The organic label is often misleading anyway. A chain should set up it's own labels and clear definitions of what is and is not included. I think the educated consumer would understand that and you could get around at least some of the regulation and provide a healthier high quality alternative.

My sad thought on the subject: How does ketchup cost more than a tomato? (Yes, I know the answer, but it's kind of messed up.)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kbriggss

I just want to say thank you kbriggss for posting this. You have effectively severed my relationship with Whole Foods. While I had limited my shopping there in the past few years for a multitude of other reasons, I have no excuses anymore. I was going there because they sold some great frozen organic veggies and fruit grown in the U.S. (which you can't really find anywhere else). But why can I not just buy fresh local fruit and veggies at the farmers market and freeze them myself? By golly I can! And I will!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Monsanto also recently purchased blackwater security is this true? Looks like we have an evil organization that needs to be dealt with immediately.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SincereSophia

I don't know about that but Obama had appointed former VP of Monsanto Michael R. Taylor to Senior Advisor to the Commissioner of the FDA!

www.naturalnews.com...

Somebody should start a thread on that!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
well that sucks

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyMindIsMyOwn

Ronning Cummings, 1/28/11, Huffington Post Article

I have read 3x now, the article posted in the linked article of "Fit Nation" and I see no acknowledgement given to Mr. Cummings for his work on this issue. Indeed, at the end of the "Fit Nation" article it infact is signed "Drew", whom I can only assume is the "admin" that posted it in "Fit Nation" on 1/31/12. Please see below:

~MMIMO
edit on 1-2-2012 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: minor tweeking

Who knows who wrote the article? Maybe it was actually written by a ghost writer who let them both have it. Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kbriggss

im not exactly sure i understand whats going on here?

WholeFoods is a store where you can buy more organic stuff right?

well, therefore i would assume that Monsanto is unnatural and GMO, pretty much all the bad things that WholeFoods is trying to NOT be.

am i on the right track?

would anyone care to clarify please?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
"The former VP of Monsanto (Michael Taylor) is slated to be granted a top position at the FDA. Surprised? Washington D.C. is just a corporate-run corruption operation that routinely betrays the People. Take action now to oppose Michael Taylor's involvement with the FDA:"

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
this is the reason we shop at natural foods grocers (formerly known as vitamin cottage).
they even sponsor Jeff Smith ' the seeds of deception'.
www.seedsofdeception.com

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

I always appreciate someone who can think outside the box, however, if you click on his name in the original posting on 1/28/11, you will see that this takes you to his bio page for Huffington Post. On that bio page in the section titled "Blog entries by Ronnie Cummins", the fourth one down is the referenced article that is in question. If you look at the entry right above it titled "Monsanto Nation: Exposing Monsanto's Minions" he clearly states that the article written on 1/28/11 titled "The Organic Elite Surrenders to Monsanto: What Now" is his own:

My recent expose, "The Organic Elite Surrenders to Monsanto: What Now?" has ignited a long-overdue debate on how to stop Monsanto's earth killing, market-monopolizing, climate-destabilizing rampage.

Ronnie Cummins Huffington Post Bio Page
"Monsanto Nation: Exposing Monsanto's Minions" - Feb. 18, 2011 - by Ronnie Cummins

So in answer to your statement that perhaps a ghost writer was used, I do not think that to be the case with this particular written piece.

~MMIMO
edit on 2-2-2012 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: tweeking

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I work for Whole Foods and have been questioning this topic with my store leadership. They always tell me either they know nothing or that this is not true. But I have noticed some changes in some of the products within the bulk area. WFM seems to be changing in some of there practices. Since Mackey stepped down after his insider trading problem. Which I feel was a scam against him because of his comments against Obamacare. I myself have even been put under scrutiny with age discrimination (I'm in my early 50's) Most managerial positions are being filled by younger individuals and older (40+) are overlooked. I feel that the government and Monsanto both are a cause of this its much easier to take a younger individual and indoctrinate them into this than some older.

I know I'm combining two issues into one but these are just my observations as an employee. Please comment your opinions are always appreciated.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think that Whole Foods serves a good purpose for the country. The products are pushing a health consciousness into our society. There will always be room for more organic and local solutions, however for a larger consumer base a company like this is obviously serving a recognizeable market. If the marker were not there the company could not exist, especially with the higher margins they are able to maintain.

The forced relationship with Monsanto should be challenged. Each location can obviously not sell to certain consumers (drunken, loud, abusive, etc.) why would a product such as Genetically Modified whatever be forced to be purchased?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
They got to 'make' their money by any means necessary, I.E. the law enforcement, judicial, and political partitions. No tickets no funding.

Also, they can always buy elsewhere, like us. Why give in?
edit on 2-2-2012 by PatriotAct because: elaboration

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Did you hear San Francisco is trying to tax and regulate, and possibly even ban sugar? and guess what they'll most likely replace it with and promote? You guessed it, NutriSweet (Aspartame), the mega cancer-causing fake sugar that is probably a reason why cancer rates have skyrocketed in the last 50 years, along with Bisphenol-A and Sodium Flouride, and the many other things they add to our water under the name Flouride. GMO, Flouridated Water and poisonous plastics and can linings, printer ink etc. is killing us slowly, along of course with the vaccines which many of are riddled with neurological inhibitors, damage doing byproducts and viruses.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
Reason i never file w2 nor will i ever no matter what the consequences---
Even trade since Im forced into the genetic experiments with tricky legal consent forms. You know all those forms we think we know what it says but really dont.

What in God's name are you talking about?

w2 tax forms? You dont want to file your taxes and risk prison time for tax evasion all because of being paranoid about the IRS using your information for "genetic experiments?" ? ?

"Good grief..." --Charlie Brown

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibajaba
this is the reason we shop at natural foods grocers (formerly known as vitamin cottage).
they even sponsor Jeff Smith ' the seeds of deception'.
www.seedsofdeception.com

Yeah! Take that Whole Foods!

You, and your overpriced nuts and berries! And your hippie employees with their beards and tattoos!

I said Good day sir!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I will explain to you all how whole foods distributing works. There are 3 grades of produce in America. Grade "A" is what whole foods get's and they pay a premium for it. It is not organic as they say it is. They get the first dubs on all produce that is distributes though distributors in your area. Basically they get the produce from the truck on the first day and they get to pick it out. Then grade "B' goes to your local supermarkets. Grade "C" is what is left over for the small shops. You will see the small shops with okay produce, that's grade "C" and usually the cheapest. So you see, whole foods just get's the freshest delivery of produce and first dubs, and that's all folks. So if you want the produce the day it's delivered from the distributors go to whole foods. if you want it 3 days after go to your supermarkets. 5 days later go to your local grocer.

It all comes from the same place. if you don't believe me, go look at a whole foods banana, it has dole on it. Look at the rest of the produce labels, same growers. How do I know this, I know the distributors in my area and they explained it to me..they told me just shop at your supermarket..no difference, they said they buy from the same growers and distribute to the stores...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join