Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

USDA Forces Whole Foods To Accept Monsanto

page: 4
101
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I just sent the OP's article to a friend and accidentally typed "Whore Foods" in the subject line. It goes without saying, but I left it that way.

Go local AND organic. Use localharvest.org to find farmers markets and farms. Find out what seeds they use. Join a CSA. Eat seasonally. Eat pastured meats or at least organic if you can afford it. Avoid supporting Monsanto as much as possible! It may take a little effort, but this is how you vote.

Also there is a GMO labeling petition:

www.naturalnews.com...

justlabelit.org...
edit on 1-2-2012 by kalamatas because: typo




posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1947flxible
I think someone has to put this link up because of the subject, Monsanto is a criminal organization, like the mob, The crips, but most of all like the Nazis.
The World According to Monsanto
topdocumentaryfilms.com...


Absolutely. Bit by bit they're (Nazi International) are closing in on us, tightening the noose.

A lot of people are in denial over this, but TPTB want the masses debilitated & dying prematurely.
They are not on our side. From their viewpoint, the world is over-populated with "useless eaters."
We are being culled.



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Whole Foods is a mirage anyway, it's like a trendy food store. Everything costs more and you don't even know where the food actually comes from. Am I surprised they are working with Monsanto? No...



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I work at whole foods, and we give out honest opinion to anyone who passes through. We get local produce, be it fish, meat, veggies, we want local/fresh. Sometimes we dont but its fresh or un tampered, could be a farm from scottland, and thats ok. But I know the people that i work with want to help people, and give them good food, no matter what. ATS of all ppl should know when you see something their must be another side to it! Everyday i work my ass off to give people something that is good, and i will feed my own self or my nephew with what i sell trust me! What i know is that we give a f**k, sadly they try to stop our way of thinking. I wake up everyday doing this because i think im doing a good thing. WE have auditors every month who bother us on what we are doing, what temps do we have, is our stuff organic, ask any other store that if they get ppl coming though each month! We try to help people and thats what we do, atleast my store. I care about people and i care about what they eat and i care about what whole foods is doing to our world. Thank you.
edit on 1-2-2012 by Dracolich because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by yamammasamonkey
reply to post by DarthOej
 


It's not just Americans, it's a world wide problem, I know it makes you feel better to have a specific group to target your anger against, but it doesn't do justice to the enormity of the problem.



I agree with you on that, but the person I was replying to asked about why Americans allow it to happen. I apologize if it sounded like an America hate post, that wasn't my intention.



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kbriggss
 


This is insane. Soon we will be force fed carcinogens and all be developing problems. Where can we get organic seeds?



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
question: how much does it cost to "get" an organic farming license?
edit on 1-2-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
question: how much does it cost to "get" an organic farming license?
edit on 1-2-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)


Your question compels me to ask, why in God's name would an organic farmer need permission from a city, town, county, or state to do what was has been demonstrably a natural right to do for several thousand years?

What compelling argument can government offer that reasonably grants they the right to regulate and determine who can or cannot organically farm?



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
i never buy any produce that isnt local anyway... typically at either the (real) farmers market downtown, or the tiny local organic grocery store down the street.. theyre awesome, they dont even try to keep a full selection of produce, just whatever is available..

i only go to Whole Foods for the wide selection of organic box/bag/jar junk... mainly just the organic veggie juice..



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Somewhere out there is common sense all bent over and gasping for breath. How can we get rid of this company when they have former lobbyists now working in the FDA?



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Quite disappointing.
You know you're not in a free country when they can force you to carry a corrupt corporation's product.

They contaminate our water and they contaminate our food. What's next? The air? Oh, wait. Chemtrails.


I cant access the article.. seems ATS perhaps members flooded the servers.

Er.. why can't Whole Foods simply refuse to sell such products?



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kbriggss
Hey I have a friend In Northern California that started protesting outside of a Whole Foods store.



Here's the article.

www.fitlife.tv...

The police showed up but after hearing her story they allowed her to continue protesting and educating people about this situation.

Monsanto is slowly but surely destroying the natural nature of things in our food biology.

I'm hoping this becomes viral and more people will protest.
edit on 1-2-2012 by kbriggss because: MODS move to appropriate, thanks


I do know that there is a bill comming up in Congress to force the labeling of GMO's. I signed a petition and sent it to my Senators and Congressman a few weeks ago. If it passes, all we as consumers have to do is to read the labels and put the GMO Stuff back on the shelf.

For those planning their gardens, I would suggest that you build some type of structure (hot house) that will cover your plants. The reasons I would site would be the chemtrails and that the wind and birds will carry seeds or pollen from a GMO area to your house and infect your personal garden. It's the only precaution that I can think of. You could also check out aquaponics for growing your veggies as well. Your veggies will grow faster and you don't need soil to do it and raise healthy fish at the same time.



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Ima talk to a store leader and if its gmo we better know about it!



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Whole Foods was awarded a DeCA contract ( Defense Commissary Agency (US DOD) as a supplier to all commissaries in the USA a few years ago. I don't know if whole foods supplies the DOD commissaries world wide though. I think the DOD does try to get produce locally if they can to keep cost down, but if Monsanto is involved I'm sure they made a pitch to provide a cretin percentage of produce. Whole foods is not that great and is more expensive.



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaze1129
[

I do know that there is a bill comming up in Congress to force the labeling of GMO's. I signed a petition and sent it to my Senators and Congressman a few weeks ago. If it passes, all we as consumers have to do is to read the labels and put the GMO Stuff back on the shelf.

For those planning their gardens, I would suggest that you build some type of structure (hot house) that will cover your plants. The reasons I would site would be the chemtrails and that the wind and birds will carry seeds or pollen from a GMO area to your house and infect your personal garden. It's the only precaution that I can think of. You could also check out aquaponics for growing your veggies as well. Your veggies will grow faster and you don't need soil to do it and raise healthy fish at the same time.



Could I use a wood frame with sheets of plastic you put over windows?



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kbriggss
Hey I have a friend In Northern California that started protesting outside of a Whole Foods store.



Here's the article.

www.fitlife.tv...

The police showed up but after hearing her story they allowed her to continue protesting and educating people about this situation.

Monsanto is slowly but surely destroying the natural nature of things in our food biology.

I'm hoping this becomes viral and more people will protest.
edit on 1-2-2012 by kbriggss because: MODS move to appropriate, thanks
who and what? I'm familiar with genetically modified foods entering the market but how is this related?



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaze1129
 



Good Idea blaze . I'm making a hot house now for flowers, but I think I'll add some more square feet for produce as well.



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhyShouldIbelieveYou
reply to post by kbriggss
 


This is insane. Soon we will be force fed carcinogens and all be developing problems. Where can we get organic seeds?


Soon..?????? If it weren't so damn
, it would almost be
edit on 1-2-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthOej
 



sure that would work fine, you still need some venting though. I'm not sure what to use as vent over plastic? My father would know.He does it this every year, I never paid attention to what he uses at vent though.
edit on 1-2-2012 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kbriggss
 


Your friend is a vacuum cleaner?!?!


I'm not surprised. I never trusted Whole Foods anyway. It's just another scam. Tell your vacuum cleaner friend not to worry and stop protesting. It's not going to change anything.






top topics



 
101
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join