USDA Forces Whole Foods To Accept Monsanto

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kbriggss

Will it matter what you eat, if the world is ending this year???

Eat up folks!

Maybe after the power grid is destroyed we can all glow together and keep this big blue marble lit up!

Ship Monsanto's food over to the Iranian nuclear scientists.... That will stop them from any complex calculations!

Nato can load Monsanto corn into it's munitions for a armour piercing round? Maybe uranium is safer?

Let's swap out all of the food in the underground bunkers of TPTB. At least after all of us little people are wiped from the face of the map we can have the last laugh.

Airplanes are spraying Monsanto grains over populated areas to sicken the public. Unaware... offcourse!

On a serious note...

Is anyone suprised? Follow the money... Follow the money.... Follow ther money!!!
Whole Foods is just another big corporation trying to maximize profit. I get tired of fighting and fighting and fighting for what is right!

Is anyone else feeling like this is a bad dream and our world is just "circling the drain"?

Love
Red

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
So sad, it's gotten so bad that it's hard to find safe seeds to grow your own food anymore. By the way, does anyone know a place for comprehensive seed origin research instead of researching each individually?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This guys from Monsanto are so hard-headed. They can't understand no matter what they do or who they buy, they will loose soon or later, God is watching and can't hide.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The article begs the question, is democracy dead? Why do americans allow this to happen under their noses? In a country that is supposed to be free how can this happen.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

The USDA also has guide lines for what is "organic" as well.. but I find it to be a joke.

So unless I see it planted, watered, cared for and pulled from the plant, it's not organic to me. Which limits it to what I grow.

Can't argue with that. If you know what goes in etc.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy
The article begs the question, is democracy dead? Why do americans allow this to happen under their noses? In a country that is supposed to be free how can this happen.

The reason is that the vast majority of Americans are ignorant, gullible idiots who are not capable of critical thought, and will believe anything that their masters tell them. Its a mindset that is pounded into our heads starting at a very young age. I think that this is on the verge of changing though. For decades we have been pampered with a high standard of living, so it was hard for some to fathom how horrible the truth really is. As more and more people fall through the cracks in the facade, more pressure will be put on TPTB. We are sitting on a powder keg, eventually it will explode. Maybe not in my lifetime, but it will.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Well, you should believe that they would sell you out, as God has been replaced by the all mighty dollar as the primary deity for "westernized" societies. There is no belief in the public domain that cannot be bought, sold or traded anymore. Everything is expendable, including us.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This makes my stomach turn:

From the source article:

According to informed sources, the CEOs of WFM and Stonyfield are personal friends of former Iowa governor, now USDA Secretary, Tom Vilsack, and in fact made financial contributions to Vilsack's previous electoral campaigns. Vilsack was hailed as "Governor of the Year" in 2001 by the Biotechnology Industry Organization, and traveled in a Monsanto corporate jet on the campaign trail. Perhaps even more fundamental to Organic Inc.'s abject surrender is the fact that the organic elite has become more and more isolated from the concerns and passions of organic consumers and locavores. The Organic Inc. CEOs are tired of activist pressure, boycotts, and petitions. Several of them have told me this to my face. They apparently believe that the battle against GMOs has been lost, and that it's time to reach for the consolation prize. The consolation prize they seek is a so-called "coexistence" between the biotech Behemoth and the organic community that will lull the public to sleep and greenwash the unpleasant fact that Monsanto's unlabeled and unregulated genetically engineered crops are now spreading their toxic genes on 1/3 of U.S. (and 1/10 of global) crop land.

I was always a fan of Whole Foods. If they sell out to the establishment---what hope is there?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Contact Monsanto and tell them how much you hate them.

www.monsanto.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kbriggss
Hey I have a friend In Northern California that started protesting outside of a Whole Foods store.

Here's the article.

www.fitlife.tv...

The police showed up but after hearing her story they allowed her to continue protesting and educating people about this situation.

Monsanto is slowly but surely destroying the natural nature of things in our food biology.

I'm hoping this becomes viral and more people will protest.
edit on 1-2-2012 by kbriggss because: MODS move to appropriate, thanks

I forsee being Amish becomming a lucrative enterprise in the near future.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by redzareptile

Loved your response! You're so right.

When I read things like the OP---on nights like this--- I just give up hope for the world.

I'm so disgusted half the time. Really. I just kind of walk around shaking my head.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
death to monsanto by any means necessary

once i heard of indian farmers beating to death one of the reps that showed up to an indian countryside

they outnumbered him as a mob and beat him

they told monsanto to get out and stay out and we will kill your people if you come back

i think they had the right idea

its a shame thats what its coming to because our courts are selling us out

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by abovesecret
death to monsanto by any means necessary

once i heard of indian farmers beating to death one of the reps that showed up to an indian countryside

they outnumbered him as a mob and beat him

they told monsanto to get out and stay out and we will kill your people if you come back

i think they had the right idea

its a shame thats what its coming to because our courts are selling us out

Maybe they should look to Louis XVI for a glimpse of their future.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthOej

It's not just Americans, it's a world wide problem, I know it makes you feel better to have a specific group to target your anger against, but it doesn't do justice to the enormity of the problem.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Thanks, Kbriggss, for the OP. People need to be aware of the Whole Foods fraud.

The Whole Foods nearest to me is shrinking & dying. I only go there for a few things now -- I can get much better produce at the farmers market. Now I know they're not to be trusted.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadioactiveRob
Contact Monsanto and tell them how much you hate them.

www.monsanto.com...

I sent them a nasty little email, I hope they enjoy it! =)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
More criminal scum from "Our" government that is bought and paid for by the likes on Monsatan.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn
reply to post by chiefsmom

We really should be supporting our local farmers. The local You Pick It is a good choice for those that don't have garden space.

For those that say that it is too expensive, I have to copy what I heard the rep from "Startpage.com" say the other day.

"What are you willing to pay for your freedom?"

Normally, I would agree to "Go Local" But the average local farmer is just as likely to be using GMO seed as the large scale production farmers. They just buy in smaller quanitity. The best bet is buy your own heirloom seed and plant your own garden. It's the only way to be sure.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Maybe you should do some more research. And when your children are born with Autism, ADD and/or ADHD, you have pancreatic cancer when your 35, your cat and dog are both obese even though their food consumption is average, you might begin to see the light.

www.raw-wisdom.com...

Looked at from outside of commercial interests, perils of genetically modified foods and organisms are multi-dimensional. They include the creation of new "transgenic" life forms - organisms that cross unnatural gene lines (such as tomato seed genes crossed with fish genes) - and that have unpredictable behavior or replicate themselves out of control in the wild. This can happen, without warning, inside of our bodies creating an unpredictable chain reaction. A four-year study at the University of Jena in Germany conducted by Hans-Hinrich Kaatz revealed that bees ingesting pollen from transgenic rapeseed had bacteria in their gut with modified genes. This is called a "horizontal gene transfer." Commonly found bacteria and microorganisms in the human gut help maintain a healthy intestinal flora. These, however, can be mutated.
Mutations may also be able to travel internally to other cells, tissue systems and organs throughout the human body. Not to be underestimated, the potential domino effect of internal and external genetic pollution can make the substance of science-fiction horror movies become terrible realities in the future. The same is true for the bacteria that maintain the health of our soil - and are vitally necessary for all forms of farming - in fact for human sustenance and survival.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Make it viral. ...I am just horrified. Ready to burn all my 15-year-old Whole Foods canvas shopping bags in protest, even though they're still sound and strong.

What a betrayal.

This just reminded me of something I have always despised about Whole Foods: their hipster/poseur chi-chi vibe -- rich hippies always on the latest trends in the world of Green with a kind of "cooler-than-thou" attitude.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join